What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gaslighting

buzzmobile

Veteran
Let's get back on topic.

Gaslighting can be hazardous.
attachment.php

Anything worth watching tonight?

Attachments

• gaslight.jpg
    gaslight.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 23

Cannavore

Veteran
So is gaslighting like when you live in a Western country that has moved further and further to the political Right over the last 40 years, only to be told that somehow Marxists have taken over?

just shut this thread down. he wins.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's like when you get home from the chili cook-off and lay back on the bed with a lighter and laugh while the dogs are thinking WTF?

I think.

enter sandman

Gaslighting examples? The entire Main Stream Media, Hollywood, All news and television shows, academia, government and publications. It has been done to a great effect. Just read some of the comments on Icmag for examples.
Gaslighting is also a favorite technique of Malignant Narcissists. If you don't know what a Narcissist is then you can easily research it.

PDX Dopesmoker

I find absurd how it seems like everyone on the entire internet is a professional psychiatrist with years of experience who can diagnose "mental diseases" from afar without ever even spending a second with the client. All those licensed pros who need regular visits and hours of interviewing with their clients must be absolute laggards. Of course all of psychiatry is a scam, its just charlatanry taking advantage rubes who can't figure out a circular reasoning grift. Get some moron like that hooked on prescription feel-good pills and they'll be coming back for their weekly visits pretty much forever, because they don't want the prescription to run out, thats guaranteed income for Dr. Bullshit. All that fakery and yet the general public seems so ready to accept that psychiatry is a legitimate field of medicine that they eagerly start pretending to be psychiatrists themselves. Back in the 1980s when they brought out the shrinks for Hinckley Jr everyone knew it was total bullshit, attitudes sure have changed since then. All those TV shows and movies were very convincing, so was getting "free" psych care (and the addictive feel-good pills) with your mandatory health insurance payments.
Wheres all the members of the general public who pose as thoracic surgeons on the internet? Wheres all the e-proctoligists? How come everyone is an amateur psychiatry expert to the point that they can cast diagnoses on complete strangers, but nobody is much interested in any of the other fields of medical speciality? It all seems weirdly suspicious to me.

PDX Dopesmoker

How many different medical degrees have you conferred on yourself? Its nice to see that a least one of your specialties has observable cause and effect unlike the psychiatric quackery that you subscribe to. How do you feel about the efficacy of treating malignant skin tumors with Rick Simpson oil? Do you recommend it to your patients? Have you ever met Rick?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm not a medical professional.

I am hopeful further research upholds Rick Simpson's findings and suggest his treatment is effective.

It doesn't take a professional to recognize narcissistic behavior.

I find it funny that you think it does.

So you don't think Trump is a narcissist or have you been burned by a psychiatrist?

mowood3479

Veteran

I am hopeful further research upholds Rick Simpson's findings and suggest his treatment is effective.

So you don't think Trump is a narcissist or have you been burned by a psychiatrist?

Another logical fallacy.. obviously A false dichotomy

PDX Dopesmoker

Presumably if you're on this website then you produce medicine, are you sure that you're not a medical professional?

You don't think it takes a professional to recognize mental illness, but you admittedly haven't had any training in the field. How did you come to your belief that "It doesn't take a professional to recognize narcissistic behavior."?

Would you let a psychiatrist who doesn't grow weed tell you how to grow dank buds?

audiohi

Veteran
How about a radiologist (with no expertise in infectious disease) telling you a pandemic isn't a concern?