What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

American Racism - and the Anti-White Left -

EsterEssence

Veteran
In grew up in what I have to say was a racist time, in the mid to the end of the 50’s and I am only repeating what I heard as a growing young man but I remember my dad talking about products made in Japan as jap junk. In the 60’s there were many people in our White Angelo neighborhood in the San Fernando valley, where there were no black, or Latino families. Then the watts riots started and we had a cop in our little neighborhood and would call people names I will not repeat, but it doesn’t take much imagination to figure out the name calling. All the schools I went to through high school were basically all white. Even when we moved to a small town the segregation was still very real, the whites were in Hemet, the Latinos were in San jacinto and the blacks were in Perris and that was just how it was. Not the same anymore, but I had to learn how life really is on my own...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Citation & Description

Sacerdote (2000)
Parental income failed to predict offspring income in an adoptive sample (NLSY).

Sacerdote (2004)
In an adoptive sample of Korean Americans parental income was unrelated to offspring income.

Bleakley ad Ferrie (2016)
The offspring of the winners of Georgia’s 19th century land lottery did not outperform the offspring of non-winners with respect to wealth or income.

Sacerdote (2002)
After two generations, the descendants of slaves had “caught up” to the descendants of free blacks in terms of socio-economic status.

Sacerdote (2000)
Family socio-economic status did not predict offspring income at age 23 in an adoptive sample (NCDS).

Ager et al. (2016)
Destruction of parental wealth via the American civil war had only a very weak effect on offspring income (a 0.4% decrease in income per 10% decrease in parental wealth).

(Of course, this is presumably untrue of families with extreme levels of wealth, but such families are rare in all races.)

This implies that racial differences in inheritance generally should not be interpreted as being the effects of conditions from many generations ago.

Thus, the relevant empirical evidence suggests that racist behaviour of the past is very unlikely to be an important part of the explanation of current racial inequality in economic outcomes. This fact is already of significant political importance. It is likely to be even more important in the future as racial gaps in wealth, income, unemployment, and home ownership, have either been stagnant or growing over the last few generations.

picture.php

McKernan et al. (2017)

(Many analyses of income mislead people by ignoring the impact of incarceration and unemployment on the amount that groups earn. The analysis below corrects for this.)

picture.php

Bayer and Charles (2017)

picture.php

Fairline and Sundstrom (1999)

picture.php

Collins and Margo (2011)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Race and Crime

Turning now to the police, liberals say that there is a racial bias in the people police pull over, arrest, and shoot, and then there’s even more racial bias in criminal sentencing. The fact that black policemen and judges pull over, arrest, shoot, and sentence, black Americans at the same or higher rates than white policemen and judges do makes it unlikely that any of this is motivated by racial animus.

Citation & Findings

Smith et al. (2001)
The probability that someone being pulled over was black did not differ between white and non-white police officers

Baumgartner et al. (2018)
Blacks were most over-represented among those pulled over when looking at those stopped by black police officers.

Steffenmeier et al. (2001)
The impact that being black had on a person’s sentence was found to not significantly differ between black and white judges.

Ulhman (1978)
Black and white judges exhibited equal degrees of racial bias.

Meinfeld et al. (2018)
Black people account for 33% of those killed by non-white police officers compared to only 28% of those killed by white police officers.

Johnson et al. (2019)
The race of police involved in fatal shootings is unrelated to the probability that the person being shot is black or Hispanic.

Brown et al. (2007)
“Black suspects were more likely to be arrested when the decision maker was a Black officer”

Moreover, if we look at surveys that ask Americans whether they’ve been the victim of a crime, and if so to describe the perpetrator, we find that black people are arrested for crimes at the same rate that they commit them.

picture.php

(New Century Foundation, 2005)

picture.php

(Rubenstein, 2016)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
And African Americans are actually underrepresented among those shot by police relative to the rate at which they commit violent crime.

picture.php

Cesario et al. (2018)

Of course, this is not to say that African Americans are never unfairly killed by police. It is just to say that African Americans are not over-represented among those unfairly killed by police because of their race.

A favourite argument for liberals to bring up states that racism must explain why it is that African Americans are more likely than white Americans to be arrested for using drugs despite the fact that both groups use drugs at similar rates. This argument ignores the fact that African Americans are more likely than white Americans to use drugs in high-crime areas, to use and buy drugs outside, to buy drugs from strangers, and other behaviors that elevate their risk for arrest above what you would expect given the rates at which African Americans report using drugs (Lagan 1995; Ramchand et al., 2006).. This argument also ignores the multiple studies which have used drug tests to show that African Americans are more likely than white Americans to falsely claim that they haven’t done drugs (Fendrich et al., 2005; Page et al., 1977; Falck et al., 1992; Feucht et al, 1994; Johnson et al., 2003).

There is no empirical evidence actually demonstrating any racial bias in drug arrest rates, and there is data positively demonstrating no bias in arrest rates for violent crimes, and showing that black and white police officers do not differ in their propensity to arrest

African Americans. Given this, and the fact that white people generally don’t behave in a racially biased way, we are justified in concluding that there is probably no racial bias in drug arrest rates until we have serious evidence indicating otherwise.

If there is any sense in which our approach to crime in this nation is racially biased is consists in victims who are ignored. In total, police kill around 215 black people per year. This includes black people who were attacking police officers. By contrast, between 1976 and 2005, on average each year there were 981 black-on-white murders.

picture.php

BJS (P. 68)

To put these numbers in a historical context, consider that roughly 3,500 blacks were lynched in the United States between 1882 and 1968. That’s a rate of 40 per year. We hear about black people who were lynched in the past and we hear about black people killed by police today. We don’t hear about the white people killed by blacks despite this being far more common. The value judgement implicit in this difference in attention is obvious.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Conclusion

Ultimately, I’m just arguing that we should recognize something that should be obvious.

History is full of societies which practiced discrimination. We all have an intuitive idea of what they looked like. In such societies, those with power didn’t openly condemn the discrimination they were secretly perpetuating. Such societies didn’t ostracize people for using words the offended the people they were oppressing as we do with racial slurs aimed at minorities. In genuinely racist societies, people aren’t fired or “cancelled” when it is revealed that they are racist.

The society that we live in is one were major corporations, institutions of education, and the government, openly talk about how they try to avoid hiring or admitting white people. It’s one where people can be fired and ostracized for criticizing non-whites but where people are rarely punished for criticizing white people as the American left does openly.

It’s a society which says that phrases like “White lives matter” and “It’s okay to be white” are immoral statements of hatred. As in many racist societies of the past, we live in a culture where we are taught that one racial group (whites) is to blame for many of the problems of everyone else. And we are taught that it is racist, and therefore immoral, for white people to attempt to defend themselves from this charge as I’ve done here.

Increasingly, we are told that we must trust the “life experiences” of those who blame whites for their problems and that the very act of looking for rational justification of these claims is itself suspect.

White people are expected to accept that they, and only they, share an inherent evil, racism, for which they can never fully repent though they must relentlessly try to nonetheless. This process may cause whites suffering, but, we are told, to be pre-occupied with the suffering of whites is itself racist.

The only thing unusual about our culture’s racism is the number of white people who have been socialized into participating in their own oppression. This victimization of whites is already significant. It inhibits white people economically, holds them back in education, subjects them to crimes which are systematically ignored, and sometimes directly damages their mental well being. As racial inequality continues to increase and white people become a demographic minority, these problems will probably only become worse.

Certainly, the history of what happens when the majority (future non-whites) blames their unending problems on a minority (future whites) gives us reason for pessimism.
For these reasons, it is important that we recognize the sense in which our society truly is systematically racist and work to correct this before the effects of anti-white ideology are so great that they are simply impossible to ignore.

https://ideasanddata.wordpress.com/2020/06/03/american-racism-and-the-anti-white-left/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5GHkljX-So - 'I Am A White Man And I'm Sorry' - A Dominic Frisby Comedy Song

DrLongbottom

Veteran
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2915472/

white papers have weight

Sending trained testers with equivalent résumés to apply for entry-level jobs reveals clear evidence of discrimination among low-wage employers in New York City. Blacks were only half as likely to receive a callback or job offer relative to equally qualified whites; moreover, black and Latino applicants with clean backgrounds fared no better than a white applicant just released from prison. The magnitude of these racial disparities provides vivid evidence of the continuing significance of race in contemporary low-wage labor markets. There is a racial hierarchy among young men favoring whites, then Latinos, and finally blacks as the candidates of last resort.

The episodes of discrimination recorded in this study were seldom characterized by overt racism or hostility. In fact, our testers rarely perceived any signs of clear prejudice. It was only through side-by-side comparisons of our testers’ experiences that patterns of subtle but consistent differential treatment were revealed.

G

I dont need a load of pie charts and bar graphs to explain what I and millions of others can clearly see. The back lash will be a crap fest for the black community. I work with many decent people who are black and live in a neighborhood with black families. I try to keep these people in mind when I see the racist bullshit Burn Loot Murder farce being pushed by white guilt liberals it does effect the way I see all blacks. What doesnt help is last 5 years my medium size town has seen explosive inflow of welfare class blacks from Chicago. This is due mainly to rich people, most likely white, building new section 8 housing and helping fill it up with, hate to say it, but the lowest common denominator. I dont need to see the countless news reports to confirm what I see every day. The recent bullshit looting and the CCTV pics prove who broke into liquor stores, cell phone stores and the local best buy. I dont have a solution but the cops are unsung heros MOSTLY and weed out the bad ones. Kind of like the black community. Repeating the lie its whiteys fault doesnt work and only make the animosity grow.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Thank you Gypsy, this is a fantastic write up on a deplorable subject. Bottom line in Ahmurika, if you're racist you were raised that way or you've regularly watched the bullpucky circus called "the news" for too long.

This is due mainly to rich people, most likely white, building new section 8 housing and helping fill it up with, hate to say it, but the lowest common denominator.
A) You'll find all colors of skin building section 8 housing.
B) Uneducated and unethical LCD is the same regardless of skin color.

Kucklehead's quote from Malcom X is appropriate enough I'll repeat it here.
“The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses. The press is so powerful in its image-making role, it can make the criminal look like he’s a the victim and make the victim look like he’s the criminal. This is the press, an irresponsible press. It will make the criminal look like he’s the victim and make the victim look like he’s the criminal. If you aren’t careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

Malcom X

The easiest way to rob people is to distract them. When the media is at high volume over a subject which does not merit any attention, the question you should be asking yourself is... "What's Really Going On?"

DrLongbottom

Veteran
the last chart you link i notice is from heritage.org
the heritage foundation is a right wing think tank that funds the Daily Signal which is also primarily pro conservative media company

Confirmation Bias is a bitch

G

the heritage foundation is a right wing think tank that funds the Daily Signal which is also primarily pro conservative media company

You are breathing talking confirmation of reverse racism. So do you support the southern poverty law center ??

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Assumptions and stereotypes about white people are examples of racial prejudice, not racism. Racial prejudice refers to a set of discriminatory or derogatory attitudes based on assumptions deriving from perceptions about race and/or skin colour. Thus, racial prejudice can indeed be directed at white people (e.g., white people can’t dance) but is not considered racism because of the systemic relationship of power.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why? Systemic and systematic racism? Through the 70's, 89s and into the 90s I observed systematic apprehension of children, then placed into institutions and homes for indoctrination.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...faces-poverty-social-racial-factors/37977173/

4. American Indian and Alaska Natives

• Poverty rate: 25.4 percent
• Total in poverty: 670,571
• American Indian and Alaska Natives as percentage of U.S. population: 0.8 percent
• American Indian and Alaska Natives as percentage of poor population: 1.6 percent

Native Americans are still dealing with the effects of 400 years of persecution and discrimination. At the time of colonization, the U.S. government forced tribes onto remote reservations that often lacked natural resources or arable soil. Today, American Indians have the highest poverty rate of any major racial group in the United States, with one in four living below the poverty line. Those who live on reservations face obstacles such as food insecurity and associated health problems like diabetes

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Reverse racism is a myth because it tries to ignore the fundamental question of who holds more power/privilege between the individuals/groups involved; the myth of reverse racism assumes that racism occurs on a so-called level playing field.

cyat

Veteran
Does anybody really believe these companies media outlets actors politicians etc. who are pushing blm and all this I am the problem type stuff . Do they reAlly care about black people ? I don’t think so. This is just a vehicle to get to a destination. Cause division among the people and then funnel all the donation money to the Demoncratic Party. All the donation money from blm goes directly to the dnc.

Does anyone really think these actors politicians and companies care ???

'Boogieman'

Does anybody really believe these companies media outlets actors politicians etc. who are pushing blm and all this I am the problem type stuff . Do they reAlly care about black people ? I don’t think so. This is just a vehicle to get to a destination. Cause division among the people and then funnel all the donation money to the Demoncratic Party. All the donation money from blm goes directly to the dnc.

Does anyone really think these actors politicians and companies care ???

If they cared about anybody they would have never shipped our jobs overseas. All big cities are democratic run and they fuck minorities out of jobs then pretend to have their back it's a huge fucking joke.

Florere

Reverse racism is a myth because it tries to ignore the fundamental question of who holds more power/privilege between the individuals/groups involved; the myth of reverse racism assumes that racism occurs on a so-called level playing field.

Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

So yeah it can go both ways.

DrLongbottom

Veteran
doctrines or political programs can only be instituted by those in power, it does not work both ways in that instance

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh - so you think one chart is questionable because it comes from some right wing think tank - but the other 34 charts are ok?

Confirmation bias? - I'm not looking to be bias mate towards the topic of this thread or the hard truths within it - I just think it is remarkably sad that the MSM has brain-washed people to think that the white people in the USA are inherently racist - when in reality the USA is one of the very least racist nations in this world that has welcomed people from all over the globe like no other - and generally they all want to co-exist in peace, harmony and prosperity no matter what ethnic origins they have -