What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good luck to Farmer in the Sky - Michael Wolf Segal - Cannabis Pioneer

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Farmer in the Sky is the man that invented Sea of Green (SOG), and Screen of Green(SCROG), and brought it to the masses. He wrote for Sinsimillia Tips, and wrote the 1985 book "Growing Indoors for Fun and Profit"
He spent 16 years in prison for getting snagged in Operation Green Merchant.

Mr. Segal is going thru a rough patch right now. He has been having health issues for a while and now the home he has rented for over a decade is being sold, and he must move.

I just wanted to say Good Luck to Farmer in the Sky. Though he doesn't post on ICMAG, we ALL owe him a debt of gratitude.

Michael Wolf Segal is very active on Facebook. Everybody should drop by and send him well wishes. Maybe even purchase his new book, I know it would really help him right now.

Check out this quote with some of his accomplishments.
I have been writing professionally about cannabis since 1982 with a column that ran for about six years in Sinsemilla Tips: Domestic Growers' Journal, and a book Growing Indoors for Fun and Profit, published in 1985.
I am, provably, the originator, popularizer and foremost advocate of Sea of Green, helped design the first umbrella style paraboloid reflectors, brought the company now known as Hortilux into horticultural lighting for the first time in their corporate history, sent the TRUE Screen of Green method out to High Times in ’91 from the federal prison at Sheridan, Oregon, was the last person Jack Herer ever consciously consumed cannabis with and much more, including having put about $250,000 of my money, besides the $10,000 for the third non-attorney life membership in NORML (1979) into anti-pothibition activities by October '89, when I "went away" for the highest plant count (12000+) of anyone taken in Operation Green Merchant

T

TheForgotten

I don't FB, but all the best to MWS, hope things take an upturn.... maybe he can be sent a link to our well-wishes....

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I don't FB either do you have a link to purchasing his book or even just the name of it I can find it?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I don't FB either do you have a link to purchasing his book or even just the name of it I can find it?
Yea, Facebook sucks! I'm only on there to be in a group of my family members. No way am I going to be posting or reading about cannabis under my real name.

I asked Gypsy if it was cool to post the link. I don't want people crying shill. He said it was ok.

Also asked Mr Segal. Segal sent me this link. It's just a link to his PayPal.

His book is set to be released on 4/20. I love cannabis books so of course I ordered a few.
The book will have a retail price of $29.95 but Pre-publication orders will be greatly appreciated and are offered at $22.00 (USA), $US24(Canada), $US30(Elsewhere) per copy with an autograph to whoever you want it made out to.
You can order it by clicking this
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>>> paypal.me/FarmerintheSky<<<

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Man I have a hard enough time reading 1 dead tree book, let alone reading the same one 5 times :D I wouldn't even know who to give extra copies to locally.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
You donate the extra books to your local libraries..

Cross Bones,
I'm going to that with at least one copy.
I just hope I can donate it anonymously somehow.
My small town is like Cheers, everybody knows your name. Whether they know you personally or not, they know of you.

But I'm gonna get it done!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Oh man I was going through my old paypal receipts and I saw this one. Anybody know if the book is still being worked on?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
The printer is in Oregon. They are supposed print the book as soon as local restrictions are lifted.
Was supposed to be released on 4-20

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
The printer is in Oregon. They are supposed print the book as soon as local restrictions are lifted.
Was supposed to be released on 4-20
Oh boy, so with the imminent collapse of the united states, that will never happen I'm guessing :D :biglaugh:

Cuddles

well, I´ve never heard of him before but I hope he gets better soon and finds a nice new home

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Cross Bones,
I'm going to that with at least one copy.
I just hope I can donate it anonymously somehow.
My small town is like Cheers, everybody knows your name. Whether they know you personally or not, they know of you.

But I'm gonna get it done!

CannaRed, most libraries have a drop-off box for books returned after hours, just put the book in with a note it's a gift, you'll be fine and no need to dress in disguise with a fake mustache!;)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I just remembered this book again! Hopefully stuff can return to normal and they can ship them out eventually :) I don't follow social media but I cannot seem to find anything updated from Farmer in the Sky, I hope he's doing well!