What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali mist or c99 auto

teide

Veteran
Greetings, fellows.
I am interested in creating an outdoor autoflowering hybrid that would work in my climate, 60N lat.
Currently I have just started working on crossing HFH erdpurt and Fastbud tangiematic.

A future goal of mine is to achieve an autoflowering kali mist and an auto c99 that would both withstand the humidity and temperature in my area.
Any suggestions on strains to experiment with?

I have read about DP cinderella Jack and Highrise Fire99. Planning on getting those.
I can not seem to find any equally well proven auto versions of kali mist.

Does anyone know of any available autos that are predominately kali mist/Western winds?

I reckon the sativa structure of both strains would lend itself well to the humid climate here in september. The timescale of KM is just ridiculous, but the really short flowering time of Cindy is a good start when working on an outdoor sativa auto for Northern climate.

Any thoughts on why there seems to be no auto version of Kali mist for sale?
Surely many must have tried?

I have quite a few beans of Western winds f2s that I could start with, question is which auto to cross with. I do not want too much polyhybrids mixed up. That could lead to a Very Long process of breeding out traits. At the same time I think a pure rudy x pure KM would lead to equally Long process breeding in potency.

Any suggestions? Sorry for my not-native English..

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there !

Subscription march 2004 . 1st post in 2019 . You deserve reputation just for that weird point ! :D eh eh he !

I never tried it but Kali Mist auto exists :

Auto Kali's Mistery from Bulk Seed Bank .
Auto Kali Mist from Cartel Seeds .
Auto kali CBD from PEVGROW (spanish shop) .

But if you intend to make your own then go with auto NL (deimos as example) , it will not dominates too much the sativa side of the kali mist .

I had already thought about this one . And then I wonder why Simon from Serious Seeds did not have done this one as auto first .

Description involving "ruderalis" are pure scam = kali mist x ruderalis ( my foot lol )
It avoids to write : kali mist (serious seeds) x Deimos ( buddha seeds ) for example. :D

Dutch Passion Cinderella Jack auto said collaboration with buddha seeds . Seems exactly the same as Calamity Jane .

But if you are fond of C99 . You can go for another step starting with C99 x Calamity Jane then f3 to recatch autoflower recessive gene .

Your english is quite good !
I hope it helps .
Good work !

:tiphat:

teide

Veteran
Thanks for quick replies!
15 years until first post. Funny you noticed, The_Skunkist! Been doing quite a bit of reading before I started asking.The questions have been building up!
Good suggestion on the Calamity Jane, that seems so have slipped my attention searching for autos that might suit well with photo c99. If I understand correctly, it might have c99 in it, and it also may not? I wonder how it compares to Cinderella Jack, with also has magnum in it. You are right, they seem very similar, I might have to try it and make a comparison.

As for the Kali mist, I am very sceptical. I have seen the names you mentioned for the kali autos, but only descriptions from the vendors. The vendors are also totally unfamiliar to me, never seen them mentioned on any respectable forum. I haven't found any grow reports or smoke reports. I feel I don't know what I'll be getting. They might be great, and save me a lot of work, but I would like to know what the lineage is, not just kali x undisclosed ruderalis. Funny you mention that ruderalis doesn't mean pure ruderalis, but actually an already established auto strain. Seems logical. Brings up the potency, but it adds more genetics, which is fine if one doesn't need to know all the details of the background, I guess.

A male Magnum crossed to a c99 mother, then selecting f3s and bx a few times to the same c99 mum would be my preferred approach. Seems hard to find male Magnums, though. Deimos as well seems to be only available as feminized.

A male c99 crossed to Magnum/Calamity Jane or cinderella jack, and then backcrossing selected male auto offsprings of these to a preferred c99 mum could also be an approach, more time consuming, though.

Selfing the female autos would be the least attractive way for me to try to breed in auto genes to c99.

I will search for male Magnums and Deimos, thanks for the tips. And I would like to try the Calamity Jane as well now that it has my attention, results seem good on growdiaries.

Kali Mist auto is a longer future project for me. Still have many questions about the strain and its varieties, origins versions etc.
I am not even sure what the hell Kali Mist is, same with Western winds. But that is material for future posts. Guess I will never find out if there is or isn't haze in it, or if there is any cambodian in it at all. Nor if the modern version is the same as the original, if Tony Sag's WW is less indica then Simon's KM and so on. My reason for wanting to breed it into a Northern auto variety is that Western winds was the closest I found to the first weed I tried, which was unknown sativa I tried while in Cambodia.

teide

Veteran
Thanks, wipedmeat, I have read that thread, wonderful plants and a fine Job from la buena hierba. I am sure those are a very good alternative to cinderella Jack or any other Dutch sativa dominant auto hybrid. They might most probably be a better auto sativa than I could ever produce. Never tried LBH, but it is definitely on my to do list now. Would you recommend attempting to cross it with a selected c99 or kali mist mother to make it even more similar to those? Or do you think it is already as close as one can get to an auto version? Incense and lemon aroma /psychoactivity is already in the phenos, I read.
Reading about the automatic haze#1 on the lbh homepage I learn it has gone through a very long breeding process. F10s, impressive!
Reading the description makes me think it is a perfect plant for breeding in auto and haze genetics. Being regular seeds makes the breeding process even better. It would be fun using this plant in a c99/kali auto breeding project. The genetics might very well be impressive enough as it already is, through.. TDF clone in the mix, legendary genetic lineage from Sam the skunkman, that is niiice..

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i don t really know kali mist, only some sample buds from friends with a strong haze like effect strong incense smell,
i had some deimos crossed with something i can t recall now.. and few plants produced very similar aromas to that i remember on the kali mist buds

this year i had a nice pheno from kc brains haze special
very popular taste with the nevilles haze, his selections worth a look too

teide

Veteran
Cool that you have good experience with kc strains. I have never tried him, I have heard a lot of mixed experiences. My impression is his seeds are best for outdors, but not in my climate.. Some hermie issues as well? At my latitude those would never ever flower, but probably reach gigantic heights and sizes.
The prices have ALWAYS been Nice, through, I Will look more i to it, might be a fun thing to breed auto into, even if it is unrelated to kali or c99. Thanks!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
no hermies yet, 3 mothers are still alive and thriving, some shocktreatment on flowering did not trigger hermies at all EC was raised over 5 mS so it was really high..
i flowered it on lat 47 with really good results, and related to kali mist or not who knows ?
we don t know exactly the recipe of kali mist or the haze special for sure.

teide

Veteran
Just checked on attitude seedbank now.
Kc Brains Haze Special. Neville haze in it. regular seeds. 5 seeds for £5.99!
How can I not try those!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
in the next flowering round i will use some regular autoflower pollen on them to see what happens also coincidence or not, i have 3 moms of c99 x blueberry fv under testing and shocktreatments :D

Mr Jay

Veteran
I've grown out highrise F99 auto several times and can attest to the fact it is a treat! Very quick to finish flower, minimally fussy, and very potent. It's a great smoke for sure.

teide

Veteran
Great to hear, mr. Jay!
My order of Fire99 seeds is in the mail, looking forward to starting those!

DIRT DIGGLER

Thanks for quick replies!
15 years until first post. Funny you noticed, The_Skunkist! Been doing quite a bit of reading before I started asking.The questions have been building up!
Good suggestion on the Calamity Jane, that seems so have slipped my attention searching for autos that might suit well with photo c99. If I understand correctly, it might have c99 in it, and it also may not? I wonder how it compares to Cinderella Jack, with also has magnum in it. You are right, they seem very similar, I might have to try it and make a comparison.

As for the Kali mist, I am very sceptical. I have seen the names you mentioned for the kali autos, but only descriptions from the vendors. The vendors are also totally unfamiliar to me, never seen them mentioned on any respectable forum. I haven't found any grow reports or smoke reports. I feel I don't know what I'll be getting. They might be great, and save me a lot of work, but I would like to know what the lineage is, not just kali x undisclosed ruderalis. Funny you mention that ruderalis doesn't mean pure ruderalis, but actually an already established auto strain. Seems logical. Brings up the potency, but it adds more genetics, which is fine if one doesn't need to know all the details of the background, I guess.

A male Magnum crossed to a c99 mother, then selecting f3s and bx a few times to the same c99 mum would be my preferred approach. Seems hard to find male Magnums, though. Deimos as well seems to be only available as feminized.

A male c99 crossed to Magnum/Calamity Jane or cinderella jack, and then backcrossing selected male auto offsprings of these to a preferred c99 mum could also be an approach, more time consuming, though.

Selfing the female autos would be the least attractive way for me to try to breed in auto genes to c99.

I will search for male Magnums and Deimos, thanks for the tips. And I would like to try the Calamity Jane as well now that it has my attention, results seem good on growdiaries.

Kali Mist auto is a longer future project for me. Still have many questions about the strain and its varieties, origins versions etc.
I am not even sure what the hell Kali Mist is, same with Western winds. But that is material for future posts. Guess I will never find out if there is or isn't haze in it, or if there is any cambodian in it at all. Nor if the modern version is the same as the original, if Tony Sag's WW is less indica then Simon's KM and so on. My reason for wanting to breed it into a Northern auto variety is that Western winds was the closest I found to the first weed I tried, which was unknown sativa I tried while in Cambodia.

I have made c99a x magnum and fire99a x magnum crosses..I'd post pics but cant figure it out.

personally kalimist is some of the best weed I've smoked in 31 years of smoking.
Ive also thought about a auto kali from serious or bubbleberry from sagarmtha..
thats some tasty happy shit too.

JimMuscles

I just germinated 2 bulk seed bank kalis mistery. So i can give you information once they're done. Remind me if you want.

teide

Veteran
I have those too, looking forward to growing them. Please give updates on your grow!

teide

Veteran
I have made c99a x magnum and fire99a x magnum crosses..I'd post pics but cant figure it out.

personally kalimist is some of the best weed I've smoked in 31 years of smoking.
Ive also thought about a auto kali from serious or bubbleberry from sagarmtha..
thats some tasty happy shit too.

Those sound very good. Grow reports and smoke reports are welcome.
I would love to add photos as well, but a bit paranoid about it. I guess uploading photos to your album here wipes the data, but I haven't figured out the details yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts