What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x2x4 315w CMH

lemonbud

Hey all. First grow in a while. Thought I would share. Six and a half plants, started from seed. Unknown strains. Bagseed really. Four are in one gallon geopots, the two on the right are in a halfey grow bag, and a Carl's Jr cup. The sad little bastard that hangs out near the tent opening is a strange mutant. Not taking up too much space and I'm curious on how it will do. It's just as old as everyone else in there. LC's soiless mix #2, amended with bone, blood, kelp meal, and some dolomite lime thrown in, kept moist for three weeks with backyard fountain water with ~1tbl of liquid karma per gallon of water. Topped and super cropped to keep the canopy somewhat even. They just get the fountain water with a little liquid karma about every other watering. No sex yet, keeping a close eye out though. I'll update as needed!

Week three from seed
picture.php

Week five
picture.php

Week six
picture.php

And here is day one of flower, as of 6/25/18
picture.php

lemonbud

Here we are at week two of flower. Separated the boys from the girls. I'm left with three pretty good lookin ladies. I kept the best looking make and put him outside hoping to get some pollen to pollinate some lower bud sites. We will see. All in all it's looking alright in there. With it being summer and the room that the tent is in, is on the west side of the house, so it gets hit with the most heat. Temps on adverage are ~90-95 degrees in the tent. Doesn't seem to slow them down at all... No signs of heat stress what so ever. Just need to water more often.

picture.php

M

Miss-marvel

Hi there,

Nice little grow here, looking forward to see the buds coming : )

We have the same size growtent it would be nice to compare as I have only 2 plants in there and I did a scrog.

Feel free to look at my diary here =)

Cheers !!

++

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
It is small. 24 inches by 24 inches, 48 inches tall. This is for my own personal stash. I don't need much. It's fairly convenient for my needs.

do u find that 1 315 is enough??? - i have '2' 315's in a 4x3.5ft tent, n next grow will add some add lighting, prob some type of led's- i think our last grow could have been better with some add light....

i will also swap out one of the bulbs (hydro crunch) for a philips to see if that makes a diff...

lemonbud

nice baby set up... what's the deal with the elbow pvc's?

90-95 degrees? Good Luck Fam!

They are homemade light traps. Two 90 degree bends stuck together, 4" diameter, insides roughed up with sand paper, and spray painted flat black paint inside. They are quite effective. I know, hot, but like I said, doesn't seem to bother them.

do u find that 1 315 is enough??? - i have '2' 315's in a 4x3.5ft tent, n next grow will add some add lighting, prob some type of led's- i think our last grow could have been better with some add light....

i will also swap out one of the bulbs (hydro crunch) for a philips to see if that makes a diff...

Hard to say for your application. Time will tell for you my friend. I wish you the best of luck! This is my first time using a CMH. I honestly think it is a little overkill for my setup. My girls seem to love it though. Chevy cHaze has a killer grow with nothing more then over the shelf LEDs in the same exact tent size that I have. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=343161

Very nice. Subbed. :lurk:

Thank you for the support! :good:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I honestly love bagseed grows. You never know what gem may pop out and you can't argue with the price. Makes me wonder how many name-brand expensive genetics get crossed and end up as some generic bagseed that someone just throws in the trash while breaking up their bud.

lemonbud

Howdy! It's been a while. Life and such. Things have not been smooth running. Nanners showed up. I'm not sure if it was heat stress, questionable genetics, or the couple pinholes that are where the zipper zips. Probably all three. Pick what nanners I could find but I definitely see some developing seeds. Most of the buds look unpollinated. Went on a week long trip last month and my buddy taking care of them over watered and one of the girls did not fair so well. I had to pull it at around 45 days in flower. Anyways, here we are at 7 weeks and a few days in flower. I'm gonna probably pull everything next Friday at 60 days. Not too upset with the difficulties. This was more for fun, get a feel for the new setup, and to try out the organic soil mix. Next run will be with some half way decent genetics, and i will take care of the light leaks. Thanks for stopping by!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just a noobs oppinion, but i dont think those girls are done yet. Sooo many white hairs still. It would be a shame to pull them too early after all that work.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231387

Check this thread out. Again just a noob here, but it looks like your girl in the back on the right needs K. Just a glance through the pictures in the infirmary and the leaves look like a potassium deficiency. Now what is causing it, now thats another question. Post those same pics over in the infirmary and see if you can get some advice from the pros. This is a great chance to learn!