What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It is called decorum

Status
Not open for further replies.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3rd highest corporate tax rate in the world. The framing does sound familiar, but the Koch bros have been persistent in their messaging.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The people of this country and the country itself used to be in much better condition when our corporate masters actually paid a fair share.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sadly our libertarian breatheren decided that was not profitable enough.
[/FONT]

While I wouldn't disagree with the country having been in better condition, you cannot expect to simultaneously apply a high tax rate, an easy exit to friendlier shores, and continued access to the US market. If you bother to look into it, you will find that the US Chamber of Commerce bears far more responsibility than the Koch brothers or the Libertarians.

Gry

While I wouldn't disagree with the country having been in better condition, you cannot expect to simultaneously apply a high tax rate, an easy exit to friendlier shores, and continued access to the US market. If you bother to look into it, you will find that the US Chamber of Commerce bears far more responsibility than the Koch brothers or the Libertarians.

Will admit I have long considered the Powell Manifesto as one the more significant and underreported turning points in our trajectory.
See how near the Koch brothers are, and wonder how long it will
take them to accrue a couple more.

Gry

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

Smedley Butler
War is a racket (1935)

brown_thumb

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
  • War is a racket (1935)

Wow... some real guts there. Thank you!! I saw some truly shitty stuff as a civil servant working for the military. Like you, I can't be specific, but most of the country would be shocked and outraged.

W

Water-

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940) was a United States Marine Corps major general, the highest rank authorized at that time, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history.

During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America and the Caribbean during the Banana Wars, and France in World War I. Butler later became an outspoken critic of U.S. wars and their consequences, as well as exposing the Business Plot, an alleged plan to overthrow the U.S. government.

By the end of his career, Butler had received 16 medals, five for heroism. He is one of 19 men to receive the Medal of Honor twice, one of three to be awarded both the Marine Corps Brevet Medal (along with Wendell Neville and David Porter) and the Medal of Honor, and the only Marine to be awarded the Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

"War is a Racket"

Last edited:
R

Rubber Chicken

Did anyone see his latest speech/concert/stand up routine?? lol

Harley Davidson moving some production to Europe too.... got his orange panties in a bunch.

Donald Trump everyone.... give the man a round of applause :party: :biglaugh:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Harley Davidson moving some production to Europe too.... got his orange panties in a bunch.

he's a stroke.......

and my 'decorum' above is because Gypsy has the kibosh on cussin'

President Donald Trump says Harley-Davidson will be "taxed like never before" if it moves production overseas.

ah yes donny boy, you can eat poop n' die for all I care.......

vta

Veteran
Rut Roh...

MAGA Earthquake Hits Minnesota: “The crowd at Trump’s Minnesota rally was 60% Democrat and Independent”…

parscale-1.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

pelosi-angry-2.jpg

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I think the post editor should have a thesaurus button for some variations on the favored expletives.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

and Minnesota my butt, he was playing in Duluth to a crowd mostly from WISCONSIN!!! a state he won, conservative treehouse, chucklin' hard.......

btw, both my friend & myself got disturbing 'How would you rate trump' phone calls this week, the guy on the other end of my call was a real pro, wouldn't let me go politely, so I hung up in his frigging face!!!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

btw, both my friend & myself got disturbing 'How would you rate trump' phone calls this week, the guy on the other end of my call was a real pro, wouldn't let me go politely, so I hung up in his frigging face!!!

Did he have a Russian accent?

vta

Veteran
OH SURE!
vee tee a's quoting The Conservative Treehouse.

MAGA HQ, a VERY reliable source, I'm sure.:laughing:

One again...ignorance. The MAGA HQ CTH is referring to is the Trump campaign it's self. Brad Parscale is campaign manager. They are the ones collecting the data.

Oh...and theconservativetreehouse.com is a great site. It is pro Trump, sure. But you cannot find a better break down of all this Russia bullshit. I know a couple of the lefties here are open to discussion and rational thought...so to those I suggest you check it out for yourself.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...e-oversight-amid-ongoing-impeachment-threats/

vta

Veteran

and Minnesota my butt, he was playing in Duluth to a crowd mostly from WISCONSIN!!! a state he won, conservative treehouse, chucklin' hard.......

But...isn't Duluth in Minnesota ?

Well....no...people from my state wouldn't show up...must be from Wisconsin. c'mon man. Trump brings the crowds because people love him. They see all the good...the amazing things he has accomplished in just 500 days. So much MAGA

Triggering in 3...2... :biggrin:

insomniac_AU

I heard Thailand.

"Last year, Harley-Davidson announced it would build a plant in Thailand after Trump pulled out of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, which would have abolished tariffs on their motorcycles across 40 percent of the world's economy."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/1492822/trump-threatens-harley-over-move-to-thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts