What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Too bushy?

Bloom SA

Howdy follow growers

This is nirvana's bubbalicious. Only due to harvest late april (southern hemisphere)and these girls are already making buds and dusting their leaves with trichs. It is only the end of January now. Is this too bushy as there are buds growing low down? Must i remove most of the fan leaves? Do i leave them alone? Plants are about 2m tall which I didnt expect for an indica dominant strain. Plants are manifold trained and have been bending them under twine as they are about to reach the roof. This is africa so removing the roof will equal Seeds as there are wild plants everywhere here.

Attachments

• DSC_0219.jpg
    DSC_0219.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 24

hoki2test

Veteran
what a lovely big bush you have there bro...maybe remove a few leaves here and there otherwise let her do her thing

Bloom SA

what a lovely big bush you have there bro...maybe remove a few leaves here and there otherwise let her do her thing

thanks bud. Just so confusing. Looks like the peeps who do remove leaves vs those who say don't are split 50/50 sooo very confusing. Indoor makes sense but wasn't sure on a greenhouse grow

petert

I remove fan leaves to promote sunlight and airflow to all parts of the plant.

It seems to be a controversial subject on here, but that what I do and have for a few years with good results.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I would remove weaker branches to start with, bigger leaves closer to the bottom third of the plants, all the airflow in there, if you find leaves sitting on top of each other take off one or two here and there, you can always go back to take off more later if you like but you can't put them back on.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It's about airflow and light penetration. Good advice in here so far and some beautiful looking plants. :D

Hort1

I was wondering how you calculated your harvest date as being late April?Most hybrid types with a 8-10 week flowering time should be finishing late March maybe only the more sativa dominant one's finishing April ?

Bloom SA

I was wondering how you calculated your harvest date as being late April?Most hybrid types with a 8-10 week flowering time should be finishing late March maybe only the more sativa dominant one's finishing April ?

Sure normally it would be 8-10 weeks. I find with using the sun that flower time is greatly extended. Normally my outdoors plants finish middle to late april so based my estimation on this

Bloom SA

midway through April, as expected. Funny how using sunlight can double flower time. All in all nearly two kg from growspace of 3x2 metres

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
midway through April, as expected. Funny how using sunlight can double flower time. All in all nearly two kg from growspace of 3x2 metres

G `day Bloom

Its the day length .
At 13 + hours the plants will start to preflower . When the day length is short enough less than 13 , the plant goes into full flower mode . That means a month on pre flowering before the days shorten .

Thanks for sharin

EB .