What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Crazy Chester

If you don’t mind the intrusion, I’ve grown out a few and just starting more of the next-gen Apollo 11 from MrSoul. While it’s not the same as the original, because C99 father isn’t the same, there is definitely some of the magic still there. And closest you’ll find I’m guessing.
There is a clear genius-dominant phenotype in the smoke and taste. After having not smoked the Apollo for a good period of time I definitely recalled the taste and the high in the new offerings. And then the C99 leaning was faintly familiar.
I made a ton of hash from the last five females I ran, and have a meatier, pineApple C99 expression and the clear and lucid, sharp lemon citrus of the genius in jars of flower.

I have a few packs of that I’ll be working through soon as well as one of the new release c99 to get a better gauge on them.
Not the original obviously, but clearly a similar release, imo.

Ps. Genius x panama was a solid matchup. Smoking that right now. Good matchup. I would recommend it highly. Would definitely be interested in the genius backcrossing. You were right that Panama is a comparably up and heady strain that matches well to the genius expressions.

I’d like to match Panama to a good apollo11 and do a bunch of testing on that. Yum.

Thanks for your input on the new BG A11. So, from your account, it seems the new BG A11 is definitely not terrible, it's similar to the old one and may be the closest one can get to the original A11. Thanks again for answering my question and I'd definitely be interested in your opinion on the new seed starts as they mature.

Has anybody tried the KOS C99 or GreenmanOrganics C99 lines (similar origins on both, I believe)?

(Apologies if they’ve been mentioned in this thread — admittedly I haven’t read the whole thing — but “In This Thread” search turned up nothing.)

Cannavore

Veteran
The new Apollo 11 is different is what I've been told by an old friend who would know.

Funny you mention Bohdi because I have one of his unreleased strains Bruce Banner #3 X Apollo 11 F4. BB#3 didn't seem to affect the terps so it smells and tastes pretty much the same as the old Apollo 11 with a little more punch from the BB#3.

Didn't we cross paths at CW between 1999 - 2002? My old handle was raydavies.

u3bs7Ww.jpg

raydavies c99 x 88 g13/hp from bodhi circa 2011-2012

Crazy Chester

Has anybody tried the KOS C99 or GreenmanOrganics C99 lines (similar origins on both, I believe)?

(Apologies if they’ve been mentioned in this thread — admittedly I haven’t read the whole thing — but “In This Thread” search turned up nothing.)

I don't see C99 being offered at GreenmanOrganics, but the C99 offered through KOS seems promising.

M

Mr D

View Image

raydavies c99 x 88 g13/hp from bodhi circa 2011-2012

Yeah I was a little surprised to find out after a 15 year absence my old handle was still being talked about.

It's kind of funny because I expected my X13 clone to still be floating around.

A little story about Bohdi's C99 raydavies cut.

I never grew out C99 from seed. Sly shared a bag of cured Princess bud with me and let's just say I wasn't overly impressed. That C99 cut was given to me by Lucas. He grew out the seeds and that was his keeper. I shared it with a lot of people but never expected it would have survived as long as it did. Rightfully it should be called the C99 Lucas cut.

Thank you JJJ for the explanation. I just sprouted some Genius X Panama, the backcrossing begins.

Crazy Chester

Yeah I was a little surprised to find out after a 15 year absence my old handle was still being talked about.

I never grew out C99 from seed. Sly shared a bag of cured Princess bud with me and let's just say I wasn't overly impressed. That C99 cut was given to me by Lucas. He grew out the seeds and that was his keeper. I shared it with a lot of people but never expected it would have survived as long as it did. Rightfully it should be called the C99 Lucas cut.

Thank you JJJ for the explanation. I just sprouted some Genius X Panama, the backcrossing begins.

Mr. D, you are blowing my mind and spinning it with nostalgia.

Do you think Genius is better than Princess?

Also, do you think C99 (at least the Lucas cut) is better than Princess?

If so, it would be powerful evidence of how crucial the male used in the last round of back crossing was in producing the original BG C99 seeds.

M

Mr D

Mr. D, you are blowing my mind and spinning it with nostalgia.

Do you think Genius is better than Princess?

Also, do you think C99 (at least the Lucas cut) is better than Princess?

If so, it would be powerful evidence of how crucial the male used in the last round of back crossing was in producing the original BG C99 seeds.

After I smoked a couple joints of princess my first question to Sly was why did Soul cube Princess instead of Genius. Yes I like Genius better than Princess or C99.

However we all know that it's subjective. I favored Apollo 11 but once Webby turned me on to Apollo 13 I tended to favor A13 over A11.

I thought any C99 cut was better than Princess. Again remember taste and preference is subjective.

Don't know if you remember mountain man from CW but he came up and visited me a few times. He never posted this but he told me he could not catch a buzz from C99. So on one of his visited we shared a spliff of the C99 Lucas cut that I grew because I thought maybe his troubles with drying and curing were the reason. He agreed I did much better job of drying and curing, also my C99 matched the online smell and taste reports but he still wasn't catching a buzz. I found it odd but had no reason not to believe him.

Webby (Webfish) also found the Apollo's to be much better than C99.

Do you remember Soul's sock puppet Nehru Jacket at cannabis.com being outted by Uncle Ben? At the time Bros. Grimm were selling C88, Apollo 13 and some other strains direct. You would send cash to a PO box in Vegas if you wanted BG's gear. It was before Heaven's Stairway sold BG's gear. Soul's sock puppet was hyping C99 before it's release. Soul admitted to it after Uncle Ben outted him publicly at Cannabis.com.

Here's a little known bit of trivia from back then if you were an active poster or lurker on Cannabis.com. Uncle Ben had 2 guys who trolled him while he was the mod at cannabis.com, Dick Hertz and Newbie. Newbie changed his handle to Lucas when CW came online. Yes the same Lucas where my C99 cut came from and famed Lucas formula using GH nutes.

Kind of funny how old ben later started trolling me using a sock puppet at CW until Dr. Evil outted him.

LostTribe

Premium user

How does the scent from Genius compare to the lemon essence of the Panama? My only run of ACE Panama resulted in a sort of non sweet slightly sourish lemon taste, low smell but nicely coated in fat trichomes. I still have a bit and enjoy the high from it. I was doing a very small run in a diy aero tub basically a tall aero cloner so I could test several different varieties in a small space. Might have turned out different if I'd used another method and nutes (used maxi bloom). Normally its PBP or bust.

I took some pics of the recent run of my Sativa leaning Cindy and will post up once I can get some dry shots to pair them with. I am very happy with this run. The Indica plant is definitely more low smell and maybe leaning grapefruit but still a bit of sweet to it compared to the JW I ran.

Best
LT

Crazy Chester

After I smoked a couple joints of princess my first question to Sly was why did Soul cube Princess instead of Genius. Yes I like Genius better than Princess or C99.

However we all know that it's subjective. I favored Apollo 11 but once Webby turned me on to Apollo 13 I tended to favor A13 over A11.

I thought any C99 cut was better than Princess. Again remember taste and preference is subjective.

Don't know if you remember mountain man from CW but he came up and visited me a few times. He never posted this but he told me he could not catch a buzz from C99. So on one of his visited we shared a spliff of the C99 Lucas cut that I grew because I thought maybe his troubles with drying and curing were the reason. He agreed I did much better job of drying and curing, also my C99 matched the online smell and taste reports but he still wasn't catching a buzz. I found it odd but had no reason not to believe him.

Webby (Webfish) also found the Apollo's to be much better than C99.

Do you remember Soul's sock puppet Nehru Jacket at cannabis.com being outted by Uncle Ben? At the time Bros. Grimm were selling C88, Apollo 13 and some other strains direct. You would send cash to a PO box in Vegas if you wanted BG's gear. It was before Heaven's Stairway sold BG's gear. Soul's sock puppet was hyping C99 before it's release. Soul admitted to it after Uncle Ben outted him publicly at Cannabis.com.

Here's a little known bit of trivia from back then if you were an active poster or lurker on Cannabis.com. Uncle Ben had 2 guys who trolled him while he was the mod at cannabis.com, Dick Hertz and Newbie. Newbie changed his handle to Lucas when CW came online. Yes the same Lucas where my C99 cut came from and famed Lucas formula using GH nutes.

Kind of funny how old ben later started trolling me using a sock puppet at CW until Dr. Evil outted him.

“Yes I like Genius better than Princess or C99.”

Seems like what I’ve heard about them is that they are both strong, but they definitely have different effects. I haven’t yet tried Genius or Apollo 11, but I had a very good C99 clone for many years. I really appreciated the “get up and go” effect she had on me.

“However we all know that it's subjective.”

Very true.

“I favored Apollo 11 but once Webby turned me on to Apollo 13 I tended to favor A13 over A11.”

A13 seems to be an even more difficult one to get a good version of than A11. Hopefully you have that one covered.

“I thought any C99 cut was better than Princess. Again remember taste and preference is subjective.”

Very interesting. My C99 cut was as good as I can imagine a plant with a 45-day flowering period and a sativa high could be.

“Don't know if you remember mountain man from CW but he came up and visited me a few times.”

I do remember mountain man. I liked his posts - he seemed well respected on CW.

“He never posted this but he told me he could not catch a buzz from C99…I found it odd but had no reason not to believe him.”

A friend of mine had the same reaction to smoking my C99 – he said it had absolutely no effect on him!

I know he was telling the truth, because I’d have noticed the C99 working on him. He wouldn’t have been able to stand still if it was effecting him. He was a real indica fan, though. I think a minority of indica smokers somehow are immune to sativa cannabinoids and terps – at least those found in C99. It’s rare though. Everyone else couldn’t believe how strong the C99 was.

“Do you remember Soul's sock puppet Nehru Jacket at cannabis.com being outted by Uncle Ben?”

No, I don't remember that. That could have been before (maybe during) the time that I was lurking on CW.

“At the time Bros. Grimm were selling C88, Apollo 13 and some other strains direct. You would send cash to a PO box in Vegas if you wanted BG's gear. It was before Heaven's Stairway sold BG's gear.”

That might have been a bit before I showed up at CW. But, I'm not sure because I didn't order seeds through Heaven's Stairway until right before it was busted. I remember getting my seeds and then within two weeks RC and HS went down.

“Soul's sock puppet was hyping C99 before it's release. Soul admitted to it after Uncle Ben outted him publicly at Cannabis.com.”

That I do remember, but it must be because it migrated over to CW.

“Here's a little known bit of trivia from back then if you were an active poster or lurker on Cannabis.com.”

No, I was just lurking on CW and later on OG. I resisted registering, but, there are a lot of old timers like you who remember my handle, so, I must have forgotten posting as a guest. I think CW back then allowed you to choose a screen name and post, even if you weren’t registered. I must have posted a few times as “Crazy Chester” and forgotten about doing it.

“Uncle Ben had 2 guys who trolled him while he was the mod at cannabis.com, Dick Hertz and Newbie.”

I definitely remember Uncle Ben. I remember there was a lot of controversy swirling around him and I think he got banned on CW and/or OG at some point.

“Newbie changed his handle to Lucas when CW came online. Yes the same Lucas where my C99 cut came from and famed Lucas formula using GH nutes.”

I definitely remember Lucas also. I still use his Lucas formula in DWC. I’ll always be grateful to Lucas and Nimby for their educational posts on how to do hydro simply and correctly.

“Kind of funny how old ben later started trolling me using a sock puppet at CW until Dr. Evil outted him.”

I don’t remember Dr. Evil specifically. But, I wonder if the general controversy surrounding Uncle Ben that I remember had anything to do with that. I just remember there were a lot of flame wars blowing up around Unlce Ben, lol.

I’m really glad you are here and contributing Mr. D. Your knowledge and experience is invaluable. Thank you for all your informative posts over the years.

M

Mr D

How does the scent from Genius compare to the lemon essence of the Panama? My only run of ACE Panama resulted in a sort of non sweet slightly sourish lemon taste, low smell but nicely coated in fat trichomes. I still have a bit and enjoy the high from it. I was doing a very small run in a diy aero tub basically a tall aero cloner so I could test several different varieties in a small space. Might have turned out different if I'd used another method and nutes (used maxi bloom). Normally its PBP or bust.

I took some pics of the recent run of my Sativa leaning Cindy and will post up once I can get some dry shots to pair them with. I am very happy with this run. The Indica plant is definitely more low smell and maybe leaning grapefruit but still a bit of sweet to it compared to the JW I ran.

Best
LT

Genius has a lemon pledge smell. I found Panama's lemony terps to be more desirable than Genius.

One other grower who had grown out my Genius x Panama cross reported sweeter bubblegum smells. So it seems the terps are the biggest variation in the cross. It will interesting to see which direction the terps go on the first backcross Genius x (Panama x Genius).

I'm not sure why Soul or anyone else has not already tried to "cube" Genius. I suspect I'll see some negative recessive traits as the process progresses.

M

Mr D

“Yes I like Genius better than Princess or C99.”

Seems like what I’ve heard about them is that they are both strong, but they definitely have different effects. I haven’t yet tried Genius or Apollo 11, but I had a very good C99 clone for many years. I really appreciated the “get up and go” effect she had on me.

“However we all know that it's subjective.”

Very true.

“I favored Apollo 11 but once Webby turned me on to Apollo 13 I tended to favor A13 over A11.”

A13 seems to be an even more difficult one to get a good version of than A11. Hopefully you have that one covered.

“I thought any C99 cut was better than Princess. Again remember taste and preference is subjective.”

Very interesting. My C99 cut was as good as I can imagine a plant with a 45-day flowering period and a sativa high could be.

“Don't know if you remember mountain man from CW but he came up and visited me a few times.”

I do remember mountain man. I liked his posts - he seemed well respected on CW.

“He never posted this but he told me he could not catch a buzz from C99…I found it odd but had no reason not to believe him.”

A friend of mine had the same reaction to smoking my C99 – he said it had absolutely no effect on him!

I know he was telling the truth, because I’d have noticed the C99 working on him. He wouldn’t have been able to stand still if it was effecting him. He was a real indica fan, though. I think a minority of indica smokers somehow are immune to sativa cannabinoids and terps – at least those found in C99. It’s rare though. Everyone else couldn’t believe how strong the C99 was.

“Do you remember Soul's sock puppet Nehru Jacket at cannabis.com being outted by Uncle Ben?”

No, I don't remember that. That could have been before (maybe during) the time that I was lurking on CW.

“At the time Bros. Grimm were selling C88, Apollo 13 and some other strains direct. You would send cash to a PO box in Vegas if you wanted BG's gear. It was before Heaven's Stairway sold BG's gear.”

That might have been a bit before I showed up at CW. But, I'm not sure because I didn't order seeds through Heaven's Stairway until right before it was busted. I remember getting my seeds and then within two weeks RC and HS went down.

“Soul's sock puppet was hyping C99 before it's release. Soul admitted to it after Uncle Ben outted him publicly at Cannabis.com.”

That I do remember, but it must be because it migrated over to CW.

“Here's a little known bit of trivia from back then if you were an active poster or lurker on Cannabis.com.”

No, I was just lurking on CW and later on OG. I resisted registering, but, there are a lot of old timers like you who remember my handle, so, I must have forgotten posting as a guest. I think CW back then allowed you to choose a screen name and post, even if you weren’t registered. I must have posted a few times as “Crazy Chester” and forgotten about doing it.

“Uncle Ben had 2 guys who trolled him while he was the mod at cannabis.com, Dick Hertz and Newbie.”

I definitely remember Uncle Ben. I remember there was a lot of controversy swirling around him and I think he got banned on CW and/or OG at some point.

“Newbie changed his handle to Lucas when CW came online. Yes the same Lucas where my C99 cut came from and famed Lucas formula using GH nutes.”

I definitely remember Lucas also. I still use his Lucas formula in DWC. I’ll always be grateful to Lucas and Nimby for their educational posts on how to do hydro simply and correctly.

“Kind of funny how old ben later started trolling me using a sock puppet at CW until Dr. Evil outted him.”

I don’t remember Dr. Evil specifically. But, I wonder if the general controversy surrounding Uncle Ben that I remember had anything to do with that. I just remember there were a lot of flame wars blowing up around Unlce Ben, lol.

I’m really glad you are here and contributing Mr. D. Your knowledge and experience is invaluable. Thank you for all your informative posts over the years.

cannabis.com and laughing moon were comprised of growers who eventually produced overgrow.com and migrated to CW when RC brought it online in 99. So cannabis.com pretty much was abandoned by many growers when CW and OG came online.

Gypsy and I had some lengthy conversations at cannabis.com back in 98 when he was trying to break in to the US market. I remember suggesting that he focus his marketing around being able to provide seeds in original breeders pack. Something that became a little controversial for a short time.

It was a crazy time and we were all outlaws.

Uncle Ben was a good dude, much of the controversy dated back a few years before 98 when I first came online. He seemed to have some personal beef with Mr. Soul. Not really sure what the whole story on that was.

Besides for the Ace forum I signed up here because I was told Sportster could be found here. I still haven't seen him around here yet.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Where is Genius to be found now? Have you smoked any pure type haze or similar sativa Mr D? Wondering how the C99 and Genius would compare to a longer flowering type.

I have smoked the C99 and longer flowering type: Thai, Panama, Haze etc. I find the C99 compares pretty well with them. It took Gypsy saying that C99 was his favorite smoke at one time anyways, to get me to try it. 45 day 'sativa' uh huh, sure. Not sure how Soul did it, but I do not feel much if any indica effect.

Even with the long flowering types there can be sedation at the end of the high. Trying not to buy any more beans but the Genius has got my attention.

M

Mr D

^^ Where is Genius to be found now? Have you smoked any pure type haze or similar sativa Mr D? Wondering how the C99 and Genius would compare to a longer flowering type.

I have smoked the C99 and longer flowering type: Thai, Panama, Haze etc. I find the C99 compares pretty well with them. It took Gypsy saying that C99 was his favorite smoke at one time anyways, to get me to try it. 45 day 'sativa' uh huh, sure. Not sure how Soul did it, but I do not feel much if any indica effect.

Even with the long flowering types there can be sedation at the end of the high. Trying not to buy any more beans but the Genius has got my attention.

No doubt C99 was homerun for indoor growers of sativas. However I would say it didn't compare to my Vietnamese Black keeper. VB had no ceiling and the high lasted considerably longer. However those VB seeds released by anon which were the source of my keeper and Dubi's Orient Express parent were a little controversial. Some growers reported very poor results.

C99 made me a bit edgy which is why I liked Apollo 11 better.

Genius in many ways is much like Apollo 11 as far as the buzz. Potent with an up high, less paranoia for those prone, social and produced more pleasant terps.

It's a shame that Bohdi never released his Bruce Banner #3 x Apollo 11 F4. I had 2 phenos and both were very close to the original Apollo 11. Pheno #1 will be a staple in my garden for many years to come.

Genius clones can still be had if you can connect with the right people.

Crazy Chester

"45 day 'sativa' uh huh, sure."

Sativa up buzz that is. Don't get me wrong, I let it go longer to 58 days for testing, but, it would gain maybe between 5 and 10% in weight, but didn't gain any discernable strength in that extra 13 days. Being an impatient type, I took it at 45 days because it was the buzz I wanted and the extra almost two weeks to gain less than 10% in weight wasn't worth it for me - not when I could cram up to 8 indoor crops per year into the calendar! Sadly, I don't have any proof of it. By the way, Blowfish F2 from 3LB did the same early finish for me. Other than those, I haven't found a plant with a sativa high that finished so fast, although my memory seems to recall that some phenos of Vision Thai finished that early too.

Happy Times

Genius has a lemon pledge smell. I found Panama's lemony terps to be more desirable than Genius.

One other grower who had grown out my Genius x Panama cross reported sweeter bubblegum smells. So it seems the terps are the biggest variation in the cross. It will interesting to see which direction the terps go on the first backcross Genius x (Panama x Genius).

I'm not sure why Soul or anyone else has not already tried to "cube" Genius. I suspect I'll see some negative recessive traits as the process progresses.

Cubing Genius eh? Good luck! Sounds like a worthwhile project

LostTribe

Premium user
No doubt C99 was homerun for indoor growers of sativas. However I would say it didn't compare to my Vietnamese Black keeper. VB had no ceiling and the high lasted considerably longer. However those VB seeds released by anon which were the source of my keeper and Dubi's Orient Express parent were a little controversial. Some growers reported very poor results.

C99 made me a bit edgy which is why I liked Apollo 11 better.

Genius in many ways is much like Apollo 11 as far as the buzz. Potent with an up high, less paranoia for those prone, social and produced more pleasant terps.

It's a shame that Bohdi never released his Bruce Banner #3 x Apollo 11 F4. I had 2 phenos and both were very close to the original Apollo 11. Pheno #1 will be a staple in my garden for many years to come.

Genius clones can still be had if you can connect with the right people.

Speaking of Dubi have you tried any Zamal lines? I only popped a couple and at different times but the first Zamadelica reg I ran was incredibly devastating. I had trouble operating heavy machinery after partaking in it. Had that sweet carrot smell and was a bit greasy.

Best
LT

M

Mr D

Speaking of Dubi have you tried any Zamal lines? I only popped a couple and at different times but the first Zamadelica reg I ran was incredibly devastating. I had trouble operating heavy machinery after partaking in it. Had that sweet carrot smell and was a bit greasy.

Best
LT

I'm a big Zamaldelica fan, I've grown the fems and regs. Just popped some F-2's I made to do a little pheno hunting.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still have pics of when i 1st grew her ... This is F1 C99 from Brothers Grimm via Heavens Stairway from early 1999 >>> I'd pay big $ to get her (the original) back

picture.php
picture.php