What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

T

Teddybrae

Just wundrin ... are you old enuf to recall the Joanie Mitchell track that had the line: "Laughing and crying ... it's the same release"?

I had a wicked bad eyeball headache last night. Just the eyeballs.
When I'm high I come across tear-jerking stories and videos on the internet and I find myself crying tears of joy. I've started to catch myself and not let myself cry.

Sunshineinabag

Hey! I'm pretty sure she spells it "Joni". JS.

Anyway...
Winds a whipping here last night approx. 35 MPH and I figure it's time to remove the slide type window screens on the rear porch for the season.

Instead of moving the gardening pots that need cleaning from in front of the window, I leaned over them.
Well dang it, the window is stuck! So...I lean over a bit more and give it the old heave ho with both arms.
SLAM! The window goes down in a rush. I'm off balance just enough to crash head first onto the flipping sash and about knocked myself out.
Glad I didn't crash through the window, whew.

Sporting a nice bruise on me noggin now :D
What makes it worse? I flipping knew better haha.

Awwww kitty you need some love?:D

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Wondering what exactly a bong filters out, because I got higher just now smoking out of the pipe

I used to put icy cold water in the bong. IMO, all it is doing is condensing the oils as the water cools them, leaving the oil on the inside wall of the bong, reducing your high . With a pipe you get all the oils hot via combustion, plus a bunch of burnt plant matter, so the oil doesn't condense until it hits the inside of your 98*F lungs.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
This evening the clouds are low, obscurring the tops of the mountains. This afternoon its was 25c in the shade! Awesome! Nice bit of mid November sunbathing whilst smokig a little, (well a lot actually), Panama Haze.
It's not yet 6pm here, but our house is cold(it's made of stone) and i've got the woodburner going. Sitting here in my shorts, smoking some Malawi x PCK and enjoying the peace and quite.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
This evening the clouds are low, obscurring the tops of the mountains. This afternoon its was 25c in the shade! Awesome! Nice bit of mid November sunbathing whilst smokig a little, (well a lot actually), Panama Haze.
It's not yet 6pm here, but our house is cold(it's made of stone) and i've got the woodburner going. Sitting here in my shorts, smoking some Malawi x PCK and enjoying the peace and quite.

I spent 2 weeks in south Spain 16 years ago...
I spent most of my time climbing rocks and exploring in a 20 mile radius of El Caminito del Rey..

Very beautiful area..

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I spent 2 weeks in south Spain 16 years ago...
I spent most of my time climbing rocks and exploring in a 20 mile radius of El Caminito del Rey..

Very beautiful area..

Hi Bud Green, We've lived here in the mountains nearly 7 years now and absolutley love the life. I'm not a rock climber myself but have several friends who do it locally. Get's a bit too hot in summer though 40+ for several weeks.

Green Squall

Not sure why I get so damn nervous at the doctors office, but when they checked by blood pressure, it was hypertension level. They tested it again before I left and it was completely normal lol. I'm simply not a fan of medical settings!

G

Not sure why I get so damn nervous at the doctors office, but when they checked by blood pressure, it was hypertension level. They tested it again before I left and it was completely normal lol. I'm simply not a fan of medical settings!

We practiced quasi-hypnotic imagery/meditation in mental health work years ago. I find it's still more than helpful to use these days, if they're taking my vitals before I've had a chance to become more personable and communicative or conversational with the tech.

For me, once they put the BP cuff on my arm, I often envision my wife's poodle, or my German Shepherd, jumping up on my leg to get me to pick them up, hug them, or pet them, and I envision us in a small garden of brightly-colored orange, red and yellow marigolds, or similar setting.

In the imagery I close my eyes, and give one or the other a big hug.

It often moves my BP from hyper-tensive, to normal numbers.

However, like yourself, 'squall, I've found that if the tech and I are having a good conversation, then by the time we're gotten used to each other, often to the point of it hardly seeming like we're even in an examination room, my BP numbers are even lower than if I had engaged in the imagery exercises.

I've been questioned by a curious tech before re. 'cheating the system' as a matter of merely depriving my own charts of more accurate data by using the meditation exercises, but this observation misses the point that MOST persons show elevated BP, pulse, etc., at the first half of a clinical visit.

I mean, we're rarely there because life is peachy, right? So yeah... we're a bit fucking nervous, sometimes!!

*Most techs and nurses I've dealt with, once I tell them what I'm doing re. the imagery (politely and hypocritically telling them to shut up for a bit, while I go to my David Spade's 'Happy Place), give me no grief what-so-ever re. my 'mental exercises.'

And I figure a history of elevated BP, etc., adds to insurance costs down the road, so I figure there's actually some honest 're-calibration' of the body and equipment happening as a result of the scenario described.

And what nurse wants to be known as the healthcare provider who chronically has patients expressing a BP that leaves silhouette outlines in the ceiling tiles? So it's clearly in their benefit to stand back, and let me have time to work my magic on their equipment's misinterpretation of the fact that few of us like going to see the Doc.

Green Squall

Yeah, Moose, I actually Googled a few breathing exercises earlier today and left a little early to go for a drive and listen to tunes. Helped a little, but I was still pretty nervous when I arrived. Once I started small talk with the technician, my nerves greatly diminished. Same with the Doctor - I haven't seen him in 3 years and by the time the appointment was over, it was like we were old buds haha. You should of seen the look of relief on his face when my BP was normal during the second reading. Overall, it was a positive visit. I'm down to 159 lbs from 197 and I'm off acid reflux medication! Healthy eating does the body wonders. No more processed food or empty carbs for me.

On another note, I got a kick out of the fact that there is now a recreational marijuana dispensary in the same industrial park. Crazy how things can change in just a few years.

----------------

imiubu - I think they call this white coat syndrome lol. Lots of people get nervous at medical appointments when there is no reason to be. If this is a regular thing, it might be a smart idea to do a blood pressure reading yourself at a drug store of even buying one of the portable ones.

J

JimCreator

saw witness subpoena, mine still on po.. witness you live with, was checking if tents was running.. give you extra charge "yeah, he was doing it also year later", this is bs

Latest posts

Latest posts