What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
Longer I can stay out of surgery the better I think

Yes and no. Mobility is crucial. I have gone through 2 incidents of impaired mobility with stenosis - 2 years apart. Surgery worked. Well, maybe it worked a bit better the 2nd time. :rolleyes: But the lack of mobility pretty much sucked the big one. So give it careful consideration.

moose eater

Hospital today- they think I can avoid surgery for now 🥳🥳 on my knee, so I’m going to have physio to try and strengthen the muscle around the area.
Hope they’re right- at the moment it feels like it’s going to give way multiple times a day, plenty of pain and locks up when I stand.
They said don’t worry, that’s just your kneecap catching in the joint (!)
Sorry this is a continuing pain in the ass. But yeah, least invasive avenue first, unless surgery can't be avoided.

Good luck.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Yesterday I was doing my eyeball ceiling trim painting on a step ladder (I know, I know) and when I stepped down that is exactly what must have happened to me. 9.8/10 on the pain Richter for 20 seconds or so. Ouch!
It’s not a nice thing that’s for sure. I’m sceptical that another round of physio will sort it out, but I do have some weakness in the thigh muscle now so I guess it’s worth a go

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I’ve been trying to put more weight on the leg, and walking slowly as instructed- seems when I go quicker I’m shifting the weight onto my good side too much, which is aggravating the sciatica.

I’m used to walking everywhere and quickly, so this slow walk business is frustrating
Got my first physio appointment for 2 weeks so I’m going to find physio exercises online for the target muscles, see if I can get away with fewer appointments

Old Piney

Hospital today- they think I can avoid surgery for now 🥳🥳 on my knee, so I’m going to have physio to try and strengthen the muscle around the area.
Hope they’re right- at the moment it feels like it’s going to give way multiple times a day, plenty of pain and locks up when I stand.
They said don’t worry, that’s just your kneecap catching in the joint (!)
Sounds pretty bad , knee replacement really isn't that bad , it's a piece of cake I had it done when I was 50 with no regrets. I had surgery that year over the holidays so I would be good for my work for the seson (I'm in the tree service) Dont put it off to long ,as you said gimping takes it's toll , your back your other knee. think of it like driving a car with a flat tire. Give Pt a good try and if not all that strengthen is all the better for replacement

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Evening everyone :tiphat:
Hope all is well. I started trying to make plans for a little outdoor smoke yesterday, as spring is arriving… of course then we get our first snowfall in years overnight 🤦🏻‍♂️
Maybe I’m a little bit over eager.

Then today the guys on the real gorilla seeds section have announced a competition for outdoor this year- free seeds to take part so I’m now unable to sleep, deep in planning :rasta:

Going to attempt to make some ice hash tomorrow if I get time - little miss brunch is back to school, but mrs brunch has a nasty sinus infection so I’ll have to get her settled first

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
Then today the guys on the real gorilla seeds section have announced a competition for outdoor this year- free seeds to take part so I’m now unable to sleep, deep in planning :rasta:

Damn you. And damn RGS as well. :cool: Just when I thought my 'next grow' plans were finalized you have to tell me about an RGS seed grow competition. My tent room is torn up for renos with a completion date by the end of March, so April is the go date. The next grow was originally planned using those OJD sativa things he offered, but somehow they have never arrived. So, after many decisions and re-decisions I was finally committed to a run of some Burning Bush regs I have in stock in 3 gallons indoor. And then I ordered some Pure Tuna fems and some Wakeford fems from reef's new site. And now this to confuse me even more. I am beginning to think that my next grow is fated. For what, I don't know. Maybe I should dry out some chicken bones and see what they say. Or maybe I should just smoke some more hash and worry about it later.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Damn you. And damn RGS as well. :cool: Just when I thought my 'next grow' plans were finalized you have to tell me about an RGS seed grow competition. My tent room is torn up for renos with a completion date by the end of March, so April is the go date. The next grow was originally planned using those OJD sativa things he offered, but somehow they have never arrived. So, after many decisions and re-decisions I was finally committed to a run of some Burning Bush regs I have in stock in 3 gallons indoor. And then I ordered some Pure Tuna fems and some Wakeford fems from reef's new site. And now this to confuse me even more. I am beginning to think that my next grow is fated. For what, I don't know. Maybe I should dry out some chicken bones and see what they say. Or maybe I should just smoke some more hash and worry about it later.
Have a quick browse on rgs outdoor fems and you will hear the seeds whispering to you “join the competition, you know it makes sense” 🤣

Got a start on the ice-Gumby-hash, all blended and screened (my hands are only just defrosting) and the bucket is sitting next to the kitchen sink waiting for a siphoning in an hour or so.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I guess you know that you get far more hash if you are really high when you do the work. I hope this helps. ;)
5B97C04F-5229-4F2D-9FFD-C25433E72205.jpeg

39418B07-D3F5-44DD-B62D-D379E0C13CDA.jpeg

72C2CC6B-04FE-4055-8850-0427779BCC02.jpeg

She’s damn sticky 😍

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
I purposely ignored your post about cutting the lawn. Sorry about that. But it is far too early for me to think about lawncare. The frost is out of the ground here but we are still getting fake snow and misc freezing temps. Once I start the cutting routine, it will mean cutting the damn thing every 6 days - not 7, not 5 but every 6 days - until November. It may - just may - get crispy in July which can give me a cutting break but that is never a sure thing.

And I have pretty much decided to try a couple of autos in some 5 gal used cloth pots and follow the sun with them in the backyard with a goal to get them to finish mid-August before the dreaded PM inundation.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
It’s done nothing but rain since I cut it 🤣

Sounds like a good plan… I’m going to try a couple of auto amnesia outside this year, aiming for a mid may plant out, possible late July harvest
Going to plug them straight in the ground though

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
The 3rd week in May is always the traditional start of outdoor spring planting here - on our Victoria Day long weekend - with a tip o' the hat to good ole Queen Vic. 👑

buzzmobile

Veteran
There are six acres out there needing a cut right now. I have cut them twice this year and it is just now April. Temps are going to get close to 90F next week and night time temps will be in the 70s. It's going to be a long summer of mindless back and forth. Perfect conditions to smoke a fattie and ride.

Latest posts

Latest posts