What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone ever lost a harvest to mould?

madalasatori

Veteran
I just spent months growing the most peng crop of my life - unfortunately havest coincided with a period of extremely warm humid weather which somewhat fucked me

Although I’m gutted I’m more stoic than would expected. I suppose losing a crop is part of being a farmer right?

Anyone got any similar stories to help ease my pain ?

Mad Matt

Never lost an entire crop but have had the odd issue, mildew can be an issue to on the rear occasion.

Ive always created a vacuum in my rooms to combat potential issues with great success...

Hort1

It hurts for sure . Don't give up maybe a quick wash in some warm water and a little Hydrogen peroxide will save them .

dufous

Mould is my long time friend.

I've been growing in swamp tubes for near 30 years.

Many tragic mistakes and heartbreaking losses.

Sorry to hear about yours, man.

T

The Kraken

I lost my collection of 36 Mother plants to Powdery Mildew, I only have seeds to run now :(:(:(:(

T

Teddybrae

Sorry for your loss.

the year before last we had perfect almost desert-like weather then as flowering got under way we had ten inches of rain. Mango Haze is mould resistant but it could not cope with ten inches.

I grow in a forest wherein decomposition is fungus dominated. have to keep alert for signs of mould as soon as autumn starts to cool ...

cheers from the Land of Oz!

troutman

Seed Whore
Some strains like Sativa dominant ones are more resistant to humidity.
Maybe you should look into getting some of those from now on.

Sorry about your current situation. :comfort:

On a side note, every time I see a UK thread I can only pray it's somebody I know.
I hope my UK friend comes back online soon. I hope nothing bad happened to him and his dog. :puppydoge

Jonny Lan

the worst I've had happen to me was losing plants week 8 of flower in a 10 week flowering cycle.

Vegged for 2 months, Pwdery mildew is a bitch

JL

T

The Kraken

Sorry for your loss.

the year before last we had perfect almost desert-like weather then as flowering got under way we had ten inches of rain. Mango Haze is mould resistant but it could not cope with ten inches.

I grow in a forest wherein decomposition is fungus dominated. have to keep alert for signs of mould as soon as autumn starts to cool ...

cheers from the Land of Oz!

Not many can cope with 10 inches bro lol

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Its not so much the mildew as that fury stuff that grows inside the buds that's the prob in the UK. Topping plants too keep buds smaller,and bio silicon are the only answers. Unless you turn your grow chamber into a wind tunnel.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Losing your crop hurts!

Losing your crop hurts!

Hi Madalasatori,
I feel your pain brother, as I've been there and still wear the T-shirt!

I lost a 14 plant grow to the black slime and being a single res hydro system, it wiped me out. Murder to shift from your equipment too, even with a Viricide. I had to throw everything out and start again. Killed me but I learned a valuable lesson, albeit the hard way.

Wish you future success my friend,
Regards,
Iffy :tiphat:

al70

Veteran
i lost 50 autos to budrot, i was devastated, it was my own fault, i packed em into an 8x4 tent, no airflow, justone of many lessons when learning to grow, goodluck.

mack 10

Veteran
I just spent months growing the most peng crop of my life - unfortunately havest coincided with a period of extremely warm humid weather which somewhat fucked me

Although I’m gutted I’m more stoic than would expected. I suppose losing a crop is part of being a farmer right?

Anyone got any similar stories to help ease my pain ?

You've earnt your stripes!

I feel your pain.

@ kraken,. Ouch! That sucks.
I remember when you where fighting the pm.
Sometimes it's better to cut and run.

For anyone that doesn't know,
Don't use eagle 20.
When burnt it gives off cynanide gas!!

UnityKutz

We all unfortunately learn the hardway.

Bud moulds a c*#t

I would highly advise in obtaining a dehumidifier!

Ive not had any issues since my noobie mistake many years ago.

Enviroment is everything in this game.

Shake it off and put it down to experience bro....

If your truly dedicated to this craft, it should not be happening again..... unless something out of your control goes down of course ...

Onto the next run ! Good luck

mack 10

Veteran
Scraped a room before at week 3.
Due to Borg.
Was easier to start fresh clones than constant spraying
Plus I don't want to smoke anything less than top notch.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm hopeful that legalisation in entire countries will lead to more control choices. The tobacco industry has been able to test fungicides for plant matter that's destined for smoking, but green being such a cash crop should mean a greater expenditure on such projects is worthwhile.

The rules here seem to stop me sharing links and trade names, which means I can't share what I want with you. However, there is a product I shipped from Canada that carries approval for tobacco use in a large number of states. It's mono and di potassium salts of phosphoric acid. It's organic and lasts a couple of weeks, before breaking down into usable PK. What a result, right?

I use it outdoors and have seen it works to an acceptable degree. The trick is to clean up the bud sites before the heads form, so nothing is within them. It's systemic and low doses offer resistance, but I'm talking higher removal doses here. Using it as a contact cleaner. If nothing is in there to start with, there is nothing to grow later. Obviously later in flower, as leaves die back enough that they can just be pulled out, you have dead tissue that will rot. It can't help with that. It's not magic.

Hygiene is a big issue. It comes from somewhere. In fall things are rotting everywhere. But you can treat the surrounding area, and feed it to keep it healthy longer. Indoors, you can keep a clean venue, and filter the inlet. Some strains are very prone though. I had a pineapple (sk1) that was the wettest gushy weed I ever saw. Not sticky, I'm talking soaked in cooking oil consistency. Donkey dick buds on it, that no amount of air flow could penetrate. It just had to come down a little earlier than you might of liked, or loose it. It needed constant inspection, as finding the stuff was the time to crop. That was an outstandingly difficult pheno though. It's neighbours would be unaffected.

Perhaps something suitable for indoor and outdoor would be a good indoor choice in difficult climates. I had a later serious 6 pheno that worked indoors to a reasonable degree. Better than nothing for sure. Or perhaps the DFG from gorilla. I havn't done that indoors yet, but I'm hopeful.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
My worst I think was I had about 16 karmas Jacks.. all 5 oz plus plants.. left em for 36 hours darkness to finish because i had to go do a thing, came back and a power out shortly after i left had stopped venting the room the humidity had gone insane and the whole lot was fucked. That was a painful shock.

Chin up you'll get over it.. Best of luck with your next crop bud!