What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.O.B

sirtween

Hi all,

I come to you in order to have some info concerning Mother of berry aka MOB an indica strain from Maine with a potent berry taste and a short flowering.

It look like a great strain so i don't understand why it's not more spread. There is only few thread about it, few pics, and i can't find some crosses.

If you know why nobody grow it let me know.

Take care

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Was held super tight for many years. Been shared recently but still not easily accessible for your common grower...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
that cut was freely passed in a different forum among seizure patients when it was mistakenly believed to be a magic bullet among some parents of those sick kids for a few years.

it turns out there's no one size fits all solutions for those kids.

it was getting hyped along with the CBD in that community for a few years in New England.

cookies got popular and everyone quit talking MOB.
should be an easy score still in the mmj community between CT and Maine.

I was chatting with a friend of mine about that strain last night. I want it bad. I heard it only tested 12-14% or some shit. With all these TAC chasers today I assume that's why its not more popular. I'm in Mass and some local people had that strain in my area. I'm gonna try to get ahold of it

highsteppa

Veteran
MOB is a great plant. We started growing it in 08. theres a few phenos around but the best is the "big leaf cherry". She's heavy on terps and is quite loud with skunky cherry smells...more cherry than the cherry pie crosses Ive run. It leaves the air smelling like fine incense. Low mold resistance but when you pull it off outdoors it the bomb. Done usually beginning of second week in Sept. Thats outdoor MOB in my avatar.

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Highrise Seeds put her in seed form.

I highly recommend them.

Ive tried it and used it in my breeding! definitely killer with lots of purple phenos.

There was one green pheno I remember that had a nice blueberry candy smell 3/4 through flower outdoors. The purples are a little more berry jam.

Do we know which pheno was used? I don't pick up on the cherry but I could see how it could be that.

KONY

Veteran
Flowered it inside for the first time recently. I digg it. Although it's far from quick. It still needs 60 days.

Reminds me a lot of KKSC in the high department, also same awesome after burnt smell.

Both are very good for appetite stimulation though.

highsteppa

Veteran
^Nice running some next to kksc atm

Did you make any crosses?

yea different things over the years, but not last season. A poly hybrid w/mobxfreeze in the mix won the high 95 cup this year...outdoor grown sample beat bunch indoor entries

BlackBart

Veteran
She has a wonderful smell and is sticky as hell . The high doesn't do it for me but that's me . I made a cross a few years back with Auto Affie x Trainwreck x OG kush

browntrout

Veteran
I thought it's a 50 days finishing strain. Thanks for highrise seed but i don't like s1.

I think it's one of those strains that needs cloned to decrease flowering time.

When I crossed it to my Durban / PCK x Blueberry which was relatively quick but it only got quicker with the Mob cross, from clone it could have been cut at 44 days indoors and was fully ripe at 52 days, maybe even a little long. Actually quicker than a lot fo the strains in the room by a week or more.

Outdoors it was slower as a S1/2, first/second week of october, where the BDC x MOB clone finishes mid/late september.

browntrout

Veteran
anyone find any MOB seeds recently? I missed the dirty water organics. Highrise is out of business...

mackdx

I had it for awhile and just let it go. The cut I had smelled intensely of grape jelly, medium dense buds, ok yield, and ok potency. Certainly not tear you face off potent. A decent session weed and worth a run if you find it

It’s still everywhere up in Maine, I wonder if freeze kid made that winning cross? I also see sensi seeds trying to trademark it.

highsteppa

Veteran
It’s still everywhere up in Maine, I wonder if freeze kid made that winning cross? I also see sensi seeds trying to trademark it.

I believe it was entered under the handle “jedi”; poptart silver is the cut. Bred and grown by my neighbor. Can’t remember if its mob freeze f2 x vintage sensi silver haze or mobfreeze f2 x sour freeze as the male.