What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP dkmonk

tetragrammaton

Veteran
My best friend since 3rd grade, aka dkmonk, we haven't been very active on this page in a while, but we loved this page, I introduced him to it, and he was a great member, and we made great friends and got great seeds from this site. Anyway, on February 21st, he took his own life. It is not easy on me, and I'm sure only old members will remember me, or him, and before this current name, I used to be horror_business, but British Hempire hooked us up back in the day with amazing genetics that we gave justice to... I just wanted everyone to know, as I'm sure he would want me to let know. It was a huge issue. He didn't start the day trying to kill himself. He was having a bad day, did some questionable things and decided the only way out was to shoot himself in the head.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Very sorry to hear of your loss, I did not know of him, but will send positive vibes to his family and yours. Dealing with the questions that surround someone talking their own life is traumatic in its own right. Surround yourself with loved ones and remember the good times!

Peace, love and vibes sent

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard to fathom- sorry to hear and my condolences to you, his family, other friends.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Thank you everyone for the condolences. Today has been one of those days, I've been on icmag virtually all day on my phone at work, and it's strange. ICMag was our bible so to speak, back during the good old days. We were both very obsessive about learning everything we could from the best growers all around the world. He would come to my house, we'd spend hours on ICmag, I'd go to his house, we'd spend hours on ICmag, reading grow diaries, outdoor methods, etc... We had plenty of amazing outdoor grows thanks to seeds provided from generous people from here, as well as some incredible indoor grows.

One thing that I really wish I could tell him, since I've been away from this site for a while, is that people are still searching for the RKS. The Frankies/piff/uptown haze is still going on. He would have found amusement in that, as we have experienced both on numerous occasions, and we always found it funny that people act like it just disappeared from the planet.

Even though we were best friends for so long, since we were both 8, I remember keeping my grow secret from him for a while, and one day decided to let him in on the knowledge and showed him icmag. I remember one time one of his outdoor plants was harvested and he gave me some colas, and I remember tasting it and feeing the effects, and being so proud of him. Kind of like, how I assume a teacher feels when his student does really well.

Here are some of his posts. https://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?searchid=7970329

Some people assumed he was a girl because his profile picture was of his girlfriend at the time.

I will be active on this site once again, still enjoying the fruits of Chile's recent outdoor harvest. I wish I could show him, but it is what it is I guess...

And as stupid as it may sound to say, just stick with weed and things you can handle. If someone has a gun and is drunk and tripping balls, distract them and hide the gun from them. Don't make the situation worse.

Once again, thank you for the condolences. I forgot I had made this post and was going to make a new one going into more detail but I was honestly relieved that I didn't have to start a new thread.

Last edited:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
That's sad to hear mang. I didn't know the guy, but i remember the handle.

Rest in peace dkmonk.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day at a time when dealing with loss of someone in your heart. Keep them alive thinking of their goodness and enjoyment, impact in your life.

packerfan79

Veteran
Sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and the family left behind. Hopefully this will help someone else. If anyone is thinking about taking their own life, don't .Life is short enough.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I agree packerfan79, but it wasn't like he was planning on, or thinking on taking his own life. He had a bad day from the start, full of bad news and annoyances. He ended up just getting drunk at night, and being okay. Then more annoyances came his way, and he decided to eat exactly an ounce of shrooms. I have hesitated and resisted posting that, because I don't want people to think shrooms are evil and make you kill yourself, or that I'm anti-shrooms or anything. But yeah, he was drunk as fuck, super depressed all day, had a loaded gun he recently got, and then decided the solution was to eat 28 grams of shrooms. Apparently he was fine for an hour or two, like, all happy and tripping out, then he got tired and shut off the lights. About an hour later, he apparently was seeing the devil and the devil told him he's going down a bad path and the solution is to kill himself to save his soul. He got all excited about that, and told the girl he was with that, who called his parents and they came over. They tried searching for the gun but he had it hidden. His mom told him he didn't have a gun, and asked why he was scaring this girl, he said "yes I fucking do" and shot himself infront of his mom, stepdad, and girl he was seeing. I communicate with his mom on a near daily basis, so I have heard this from her, as well as communicating with the girl he was seeing at the time. I talked to him a few days prior and he was planning on moving to Texas. He had a lot of plans and seemed happy. So, while I'm not against shrooms, I think it's just common knowledge that if you're having a bad day, don't get drunk, then decide to eat an entire ounce of shrooms, especially when you're really pissed off.

packerfan79

Veteran
Yeah, I would stay away from pychadelics when not in a positive state of mind. I have lost a lot of good friends to bad decisions. I hope that youand the family are able to recover some day. Very sad

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree packerfan79, but it wasn't like he was planning on, or thinking on taking his own life. He had a bad day from the start, full of bad news and annoyances. He ended up just getting drunk at night, and being okay. Then more annoyances came his way, and he decided to eat exactly an ounce of shrooms. I have hesitated and resisted posting that, because I don't want people to think shrooms are evil and make you kill yourself, or that I'm anti-shrooms or anything. But yeah, he was drunk as fuck, super depressed all day, had a loaded gun he recently got, and then decided the solution was to eat 28 grams of shrooms. Apparently he was fine for an hour or two, like, all happy and tripping out, then he got tired and shut off the lights. About an hour later, he apparently was seeing the devil and the devil told him he's going down a bad path and the solution is to kill himself to save his soul. He got all excited about that, and told the girl he was with that, who called his parents and they came over. They tried searching for the gun but he had it hidden. His mom told him he didn't have a gun, and asked why he was scaring this girl, he said "yes I fucking do" and shot himself infront of his mom, stepdad, and girl he was seeing. I communicate with his mom on a near daily basis, so I have heard this from her, as well as communicating with the girl he was seeing at the time. I talked to him a few days prior and he was planning on moving to Texas. He had a lot of plans and seemed happy. So, while I'm not against shrooms, I think it's just common knowledge that if you're having a bad day, don't get drunk, then decide to eat an entire ounce of shrooms, especially when you're really pissed off.

That is an insane dose. I am surprised he was even able to eat a whole half ounce without projectile puking...7g's had me completely immobile damn near catatonic for 8 hours; 2's plenty these days. Can't believe he could even walk or talk? I couldn't. I knew what was going on and could understand people but couldn't fuckin reply coherently.

Shame tho I remember him.

Pangea

Veteran
That is so very sad to hear. I hope everyone involved gets support and help, thats so traumatic and tragic. Burning one for dkmon and his family and friends. :(

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
so very,very sad to hear of a friend taking there own life,,
best wishes at this awful time,,,,
taking acid/shrooms when your in a " bad place" is never a good thing,,,,personal experience taught me that,,,,
RIP Drmonk,,,,,
peace and regards s2

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Thank you for all the condolences. His mom and myself appreciate it more than you can know. He would be happy to know that some people care. I have experienced a lot of death in my life, father, uncle, grandfather, two ex girlfriends, but to be honest, the loss of my best friend of all time hit me the hardest. I will make him proud.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
new to the site and don't know most folks around here but sorry for your loss nonetheless.
My cousin who I grew up as neighbors with, same grade thru school , took his life in February as well. So many folks struggle with their mental health in silence and inevitably lose the battle. Hang in there, these things are hard on the friends and loved ones. Remember your friend always and dwell on the good times.
cheers bud, if I had a candle handy I'd light it, but next best thing is a big doob ;)