Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
Click for Weed Seed Shop
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2016, 08:40 PM #141
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
Julian Calendar

Keeping tract of some of your growing experiences is always a good idea. When it comes to "how many days" for anything the Julian calendar, along with the, what is it?? the Gregorian calendar (typical). How many days in veg, how many days of bloom. Used with Excel I find it very useful.

Briefly, the Julian calendar assigns an ascending number to each day of the year> Jan 1 is day #1 and December 25 is #365 (except for leap year like 2016 is so Dec 25 will be 366 this year)

this is one example of the Julian calendar
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...s=3&doy=1&df=1

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:47 AM #142
iTarzan

iTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to behold
Here is a bed in action right now. These plants are at 5 weeks. 20 plants. 15 Chem D x ADUB in 3 gallon pots and 5 Pure Kush x ADUB in 2 gallon pots.

They should finish at 9-10 weeks.

iTarzan is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:54 PM #143
larry badiner

larry badiner has a spectacular aura aboutlarry badiner has a spectacular aura aboutlarry badiner has a spectacular aura about
seeds can germ under light, and could take 2+ weeks to sprout. i had a kc brain mango that took 2 1/2 weeks to germ, your best bet with old seeds is put them aside, hopefully in rock wool and plant the seeds when they sprout
your best off planting all germed seeds in rock wool and then putting them aside

metal halide increases trichomes

wash your grow area with a 10:1 water/bleach ratio before planting

you don't need to fiddle with nutes, or ph water with soil, just water it with plain water and use an amended/pre mixed soil like roots organics or the happy frog line (i think happy frog is one)

get an irrigation system for indoor soil: use a flexible pvc, that is your feed line, then put 1/4th inch barbs which go into drippers through 1/4 inch, cap the end of the feed line and use a water pump. saves time but not that much (great for soil sea of green)

you can make an ebb and flow hydro system out of a 10gal rubbermaid tub (tray) and an 18gal (rez), just add hydro fittings and a pump

sometimes, in my exp, plant images in seed description are watered down versions of their description

the freezer method works, produces smell after jar curing for 2-3 days and freezing dry marijuana for 20-25 days. this way you can freeze cure dried marijuana in bulk, without having to burp : read the freezer cure sticky in the harvesting forum

a simple 6 site ebb and flow hydroponics system i made, will update it with a build guide someday
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=286728

i haven't tried this, but if you got bugs get a plant that the bugs can infest, hopefully thinning out their numbers so applying insecticide will be more effective. the plants you need are called trap plants, and specific plants control different bugs

fungus gnats should be completely eradicated because gnats can stick to the trichomes

Last edited by larry badiner; 01-17-2016 at 09:13 PM..
larry badiner is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2016, 05:09 PM #144
WaxyTaxi
Galia Gardens

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
Holy shit tarzan...that's so cool haha!
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:17 PM #145
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
To get rid of PM spray Hygrozyme, 6ml gallon. Bye bye pm!
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2016, 05:33 PM #146
Moppel
Grower for Life

Moppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to behold
Dont walk away when filling a reservoir

Moppel is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:38 PM #147
Keif Stoned

Location: Dougco. in CO...where the meadows meet the mountains
Keif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really nice

'The Germinator'

A baby wipe warmer for popping seeds, makes a perfect environment with heat and humidity that is easy to control. I know I've heard lots of other growers say "just throw em in the dirt and let nature do it's thing". Well that sounds fine but the truth is, mother nature's success rate with germing seeds kinda blows. When you're talking expensive seeds in limited amounts, I want the odds in my favor. I get close to 100% success with this tool.

ALWAYS

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:52 PM #148
iTarzan

iTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to beholdiTarzan is a splendid one to behold
Hey nice gizmo Keif. How does that work? What is the wall wart for?

Never mind. It is made that way and you can buy them. DUH!!! I thought it was a DIY thing.

Last edited by iTarzan; 01-19-2016 at 01:19 AM..
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2016, 04:14 AM #149
budsnblunts

budsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to behold
Nothing quite like a hot water cupboard and a little glad wrap
budsnblunts is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:52 PM #150
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppel View Post
Dont walk away when filling a reservoir
Or clean out you dtw tray/tote and forget to put it back. Lucky I caught mine after only one feeding and didn't have a ton of runoff, but still pumping water all over the floor sucks!

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.