Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > dryin ma stash aint workin..

Thread Title Search
dryin ma stash aint workin.. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2018, 07:53 PM #1
Bio boy

Bio boy will become famous soon enough
dryin ma stash aint workin..

i grown years and it is quality,

lately im doin sumin wrong and i cant figure it out

when ever i dry my past 8 strains over 2 grows they smell like straw like lost all smell and smell old..

uk climate btw

ive tryed the bags ive done the jars /

basilcy i dry them slow over 5days trimmed and then let them crisp out n jar em n it stinks

its not workin so i tryed a ffew other methods eg

3days bag em sweat em then dry em again same

let em jus dry out normal happened in 4days same

made em slower n last 8 days still same wtf?

tryed in a cardboard box... stil the same wtf

how i dry ,

i trim and hang in a 60x60x200cm room, with a 4inch fan restrictred 50% on a filter sucking slow and gentle, bottom in top out...
why the fek does my cheese my blues my trainwrek and my chemdawg all taste like old crap grass

it looks potent and crysrtaly as fk everyone sliek WOWOW lok at the but ..pull it otu the bag n go wot the fuck
Bio boy is offline Quote

Old 09-22-2018, 09:29 PM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Think back. What have you changed, what environmental changes have happened?

Did you change nutes, locations, water supply, what?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:00 PM #3
Bio boy

Nothing changed same advanced nute same hydro same system everything is same

Just cant seem to shift last chloryaphyl lvls out its almost there now almoat stil got that taste on day 7
Bio boy is offline Quote

Old 09-23-2018, 12:28 PM #4
707OGBUSH970

707OGBUSH970 has a spectacular aura about707OGBUSH970 has a spectacular aura about707OGBUSH970 has a spectacular aura about707OGBUSH970 has a spectacular aura about707OGBUSH970 has a spectacular aura about
You have to give them longer than that. The last harvest I had needed to be burped for like 3 weeks before it didn't smell like hay and it took 5 weeks for the smell to come back fully. It is 7 weeks now and its the best weed Ive grown in along time, but I was worried. I always get worried during cure. If you've done it properly it will be fine after some time. I would look at moisture levels and possibly rehydrate. I wouldn't do it if its not absolutely necessary If the moisture level is good, keep burping them. What is your humidity in your room you are curing in?
707OGBUSH970 is offline Quote

Old 09-23-2018, 01:09 PM #5
ozzieAI

ozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant future
too wet...needs more drying before jarring...

If you are not paranoid...then you are not paying attention...

cannabis is not a crime...

It makes me smile...I really have to do this more often...
ozzieAI is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:45 PM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
You said you've grown for years, and everything was peachy. Now, the last two grows are coming out like hay.

Something has changed. You shouldn't have to be trying different drying techs if the one you were using worked fine before. You wouldn't have the same issue with all of the strains, if everything was still the same.

Do you use tap water? Has something happened in your area and the tap water has changed? Are you using old nutes? Did you pick up fresh nutes and one of the ingredients lists has changed since the last time?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 09-23-2018, 04:01 PM #7
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieAI View Post
too wet...needs more drying before jarring...
That's my opinion too.

Ideally you want to dry at about 70f and 50%RH in the dark with a little air circulation usually for 7 to 10 days. This will depend on bud structure and conditions though. Then start the burping and curing process.

Personally I don't sell so could care less about weight so I prefer to over-dry slightly and rehydrate with Bovedas if necessary. Better that than decomposition starting. On a side note I find the 62% Bovedas make the perfect texture for joints but a little too damp for pipes. I'm going to get some 58% and try those.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:51 PM #8
Bio boy

any longer and it drys sodry there is nothing?

i got it now to drying til day 4 and it smells amazing now, day 5 is dry snaps, and then i can jar it up and it makes it all slightly tacky again..now smells liek straw ..

when im jarin it day 5 i can crumble with fingers into a spliff
Bio boy is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2018, 11:05 PM #9
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed it is too wet before jarring.

Also it would be easier to read if you used some hint of Grammer and spell check.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:15 AM #10
mr.brunch

mr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond repute
Too much airflow, or too high temperature will usually be the one to fuck it up.. if the fan is running constant I would consider turning it off for at least a few 2 hour breaks. It may slow the process by a few days but could help.
Tbh I used to just hang dry in a back bedroom with no fans and didn’t have problems, took usually 7-10 days before jarring.... so if all else fails, try that.
Good luck

Edit: uk climate also

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

So I'll keep on fighting for the things I want,
Though I know that when you're dead you're gone.
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
Than living as a puppet or a slave.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: seedsman Power Africa- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355286

Current: seedsman Girl Scout crack- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355287

Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos #1-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356370
mr.brunch is online now Quote