What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

RB56

Veteran
This is actually what I initially thought when I first tried the water extractions.

Rest assured, the high is not affected and nothing is lost. :)

My cookies all replicate the high of the plant used as long as only one strain is used. (Panama cookies have that signature feel-good Panama high, purple haze cookies had the dreamy, psychedelic purple haze high, NepJam cookies were smile inducing and mellow with a hint of energy, etc.) When multiple lines are mixed, you get the typical combination high you'd expect from the lines used.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Try it yourself with your next batch of trim and report back.

Zack - I leave my batches to sit overnight to solidify into a layer of butter on top of the water. Figure 12-14 hours to go from piping hot to solid in the fridge.

This matches my experience. I vape, smoke and eat and the high is very consistent by strain. Most get into me inside peanut butter cookies these day. 1/4 cookie every two hours and I'm having a great day! No odor, no lung stress.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
so the cookie mix I am using called for 1/3 of a cup of butter..

since I used only 1/2 the mix (to make 12cookies) , I used 42grams of cannabutter... unfort, I counted wrong and made only 11.. I was going to eat 1/2 a cookie to see the effect, but I ate the whole cookie.. tasted so good... so that was about 4grams of weed... i'll report back, as its only been 45mins..no effect yet

RB56

Veteran
so the cookie mix I am using called for 1/3 of a cup of butter..

since I used only 1/2 the mix (to make 12cookies) , I used 42grams of cannabutter... unfort, I counted wrong and made only 11.. I was going to eat 1/2 a cookie to see the effect, but I ate the whole cookie.. tasted so good... so that was about 4grams of weed... i'll report back, as its only been 45mins..no effect yet

If you can type a coherent post after another 45 minutes, you did it wrong :)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
i have found, personally, twice, that eating too many very potent cookies (for lack of better description, overdosed), leads to symptoms that can be miss diagnosed as a heart attack, without the left arm sensations. One of those times i was at a friends party, at this party was another friend that is an emergency room nurse. About an hour into the party, I started experiencing, cold sweats, the spins, trouble standing, trouble speaking and generally incoherent. She didn't know a bout the cookies and wanted to call an ambulance! I had had a couple, three beers and food 'after' eating the goods. I felt like shit but was laughing inside and unable and unwilling to tell her about being so high. Also witnessed the same types of affects for a friend that had eaten one for the first time. He had no beers, I talked others out of calling the ambulance and an hour later he was 'better'. In retrospect, if he had been having a heart attack, i wouldn't be such a happy camper.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
If you can type a coherent post after another 45 minutes, you did it wrong :)

coherent...:1help:

ate one at 530 on Thursday nite.. by 7pm, I bounced off walls to bed...the most unpleasant high I have had in 35/40years..

way/way tooooo much cookie... I was going to eat 1/4 of it, but it tasted so good ate a whole one... stayed high for 12+hrs..

I have 10 (made 11) left... very/very unpleasant.. mite just shit-can the rest of em... def a scary high...

RB56

Veteran

ate one at 530 on Thursday nite.. by 7pm, I bounced off walls to bed...the most unpleasant high I have had in 35/40years..

way/way tooooo much cookie... I was going to eat 1/4 of it, but it tasted so good ate a whole one... stayed high for 12+hrs..

I have 10 (made 11) left... very/very unpleasant.. mite just shit-can the rest of em... def a scary high...

Definitely don't want to base dosage on taste. Don't give up. I still can't look at a brownie after my early experiments.

I make small cookies, measured with a scoop, so I know the size will be the same. 1 tablespoon of batter per. 1/4 cookie gives a really nice, functional high. A full cookie is: feel great, get to bed immediately. I'd try 1/8 cookie nest, if I were you.

RB56

Veteran
I've done exactly the same thing - probably everybody does the first time. I had a pretty good idea where you were headed when I saw your post on Thursday about throwing caution to the wind.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
This matches my experience. I vape, smoke and eat and the high is very consistent by strain. Most get into me inside peanut butter cookies these day. 1/4 cookie every two hours and I'm having a great day! No odor, no lung stress.

Good to hear! :D

I wasn't kidding when I said stupid potent and borderline terrifying was I? :comfort:

Sorry to hear you had a bad time at Astroworld. I'd say in the future you'll want to reduce the dosage down like I did with the cookies so your batch of butter is more diluted.

On the upshot, if you cut the cookies you made down into 1/4s or even 1/5s you'll now have that many more cookie wedge edibles.

Last edited:

Criard

Quick tip for added stealth - Put your trim, butter / oil, and water in a vacuum-sealed bag, then 'double boil' that in a crockpot full of water. Now your house won't smell like a skunk farm for 8-12 hours. :D

Or a mason jar

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I wasn't kidding when I said stupid potent and borderline terrifying was I? :comfort:

holy shit... u were not kidding...

On the upshot, if you cut the cookies you made down into 1/4s or even 1/5s you'll now have that many more cookie wedge edibles.

broke a cookie into 1/8's (about)... and it still put me on my ass... another unpleasant experience....

I think I gotta smoke it...

Raziel819

I must have a sky-high tolerance, either that or 1 of 3 things. 1, I didn't have good product, 2, I didn't cook it right, or 3, I need to eat more because of my weight (106 stones). Only 2 things happened to me, I got a major case of the munchies (ate more than a dozen cookies at a single sitting) and after waking up the next day I felt heavier and weighted down like gravity had doubled. But I still didn't think I was high or anything.

Raziel819

I must have a sky-high tolerance, either that or 1 of 3 things. 1, I didn't have good product, 2, I didn't cook it right, or 3, I need to eat more because of my weight (106 stones). Only 2 things happened to me, I got a major case of the munchies (ate more than a dozen cookies at a single sitting) and after waking up the next day I felt heavier and weighted down like gravity had doubled. But I still didn't think I was high or anything.

edit: I must still be high, after rereading my post it sounded like I was high, and I ate those cookies over a week ago. First I'm only 19 stones not 106 and there seems to be a missing period of time in between eating the cookies and waking up the next day. But hey the name of this thread is "Stupid Potent Butter..." and I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. lol...:kos:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

if this was your first foray into edibles, the mind just isn't ready for the body/head high that's happening at first. many will come to the conclusion that they will 'never' eat 'it' (whatever form it takes) again, it can be scary to the low toleranced people. We, when we burn/vape, know of the head high and deal with it at whatever ones level of tolerance one has. Saying it, is, at first, HOELEESHIT! wadafuk is hapnin? some like the body&head high, some do not. edibles are very good for physical&mental ailments as well as getting inebriated.. I use edibles when going to an event where obvious vape/burning isn't 'comfortable' to do.

EDIT: and the high can be very subtle.
EDIT: #1 agreed, #2 one would have to maybe not use enough/quality product or burn it. #3 depression?
EDIT: sorry.vaping sssdh.. not coherent thoughts..

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I end up with less than 1 gram of bud per cookie and eat 1/4 cookie at a time. You used WAY too much.

yea I think u be rite... when I made the cookies, I used 44grams of butter, and made 11 cookies, so each cookie has about 4grams..

when I made the butter, I used 2sticks (8ozs) , about 30grams of bud, and started to cook it... about an hour into the cooking, I added another 2 large buds (didn't weigh em), and threw in some kif I had lying around... so its waaaay overkill...

I figured that I've been smokin for 40+yrs, the stronger the better... boy was I wrong....

RB56

Veteran
Just encouraging you not to give up. Once the process is dialed in it is a super nice, predictable and discreet way to get as high as you want to be.

Raziel819

I'm not going to give up on this process just yet, I have yet to have a really righteous grow and in a position to use "Quality" weed to make some butter.

The only other time that I had some edibles that really took me there was in the late 70's after I had gotten out the service and then I made some cookies not with butter but with some finely grounded bud that looked like flour after I got finished sifting and grounding and sifting and grounding. Bottom line, I'm chasing "THAT" high, but without that, this taste like eating weed taste.