What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thc Lollipop Tutorial

Hey, thanks for the recipe. I look forward to making candies specific to each strain that I have acquired over the years. I have several "fruit" strains which contain THCV in some, and CBD in others. Can't wait for the assortments! Thanks again!!

iloveWhiteLabel

Awesome, i never see some lollipops like that! I think they are soo tasty! Good job, we want a new recipe for the nexts thc candies ! :smile:

Snype

Veteran
How would you recommend making wax more easily dissolvable for this recipe?

You want to heat the Hash Oil to around 300F for around 5 minutes to decarb it. You're basically turning your THC-A into THC so you can feel the effect when you eat it.

Snype

Veteran
So you wouldnt recommend using everclear to dissolve the errrl? Thanks for the quick response.

Everclear should work fine but I've never used it before. I use about 100 mL of 190 Proof Grape Ethanol for about 14 grams. Then I put it in a double boiler until all the alcohol is gone. So when your Oil is in the double boiler, it's partially decarbing because of the heat. So I don't usually bother decarbing further because when you put the Hash Oil in the lollipop mixture, the mixture is at 300 degrees F and decarbs as you're making the lollipops.

lilac.rain

I like your recipe! have taught this fine skill to a few of my friends.... I have always tried to make them as OG as possible. There is only one kind of corn syrup i have found that is OG, its lite, and vanilla flavored but it does not effect the final product. Getsuckered.com has propylene glycol free flavors, they are soybean based. Ive also found petroleum free dyes made from veggies, but make sure they are cooler before you add the color. Just wanted to add my 2cents. ciao!

The Devil

? Plant a seed and grow your weed ?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the idea :tiphat:
this is my test thc vanilla candy...
100gram sugar, 1gram hash oil, vanilla....

Hash oil (wiht trim and little's bud)
picture.php

Candy (test)
picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

flatslabs

Hey just a note for those making this recipe, or any old fashioned candy recipe in general you should not alter the amounts of sugar, corn syrup and water if scaling up or down, it doesn't always work linearly.

So, I have made a few batches of these now, usually aiming for .1 of concentrate per pop. The problem I seem to be having is getting a consistent mix of the product before pouring into the molds, as if some of them are significantly stronger than others.

I had considered mixing in decarbed oil into each pop right after the molds were poured. Any suggestions?

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been making alot of this since I first found this thread, so thank you for creating it!!!
To avoid inconsistent dosages I disregard the candy instructions to not stir stuff in and stir it up very well. if you do it slowly you wont stir in as much air. I found that keeping some heat on the candy (250 F)
and waiting allows some of the air stirred in to leave.
I've been enjoying the lorann flavorings like orange cream, pineapple, lime, etc...
Anyone got a favorite flavor that works well? When I hit 3 grams per small batch it gets pretty peppery. I actually like the hash flavor now, it tastes of good things to come!:biggrin:

flatslabs

I have made this probably 10 times now, so this is what I have been doing to get the flavoring and oil a little more evenly distributed. I am using a 1qt stainless pot and making ~20 pops.

* Decarb 2 - 3g bho at 250 for ~20min
* 1 Cup Sugar. 1/3 Cup Light Corn Syrup, 1/3 Cup Water.
* Mix together with no heat until blended.
* Heat on high until, hit 250F add optional food coloring.
* Hit 300F pull from heat
* Wait till mixture hits 275, add 1 - 2 drams of lemon or orange extract / oil and BHO
* Stir gently with metal spoon while maintaining heat about 250 for 5 minutes.
* Pour 10 molds, restir mixture, pour remaining 10
* let it sit for 30 min then remove from molds and lightly dust with corn starch to prevent sticking

There really is a technique to the mixing, the first time i Made these they looked like air bubble pops but now I can get nice clear candy consistently

I have tried the peppermint, orange and lemon flavorings. The peppermint was universally hated (I was told by several people that only old people eat peppermint?), the orange I think was too much and was a little burny to your tongue, the lemon has been the best so far for me.

shredGnar

I have made this probably 10 times now, so this is what I have been doing to get the flavoring and oil a little more evenly distributed. I am using a 1qt stainless pot and making ~20 pops.

* Decarb 2 - 3g bho at 250 for ~20min
* 1 Cup Sugar. 1/3 Cup Light Corn Syrup, 1/3 Cup Water.
* Mix together with no heat until blended.
* Heat on high until, hit 250F add optional food coloring.
* Hit 300F pull from heat
* Wait till mixture hits 275, add 1 - 2 drams of lemon or orange extract / oil and BHO
* Stir gently with metal spoon while maintaining heat about 250 for 5 minutes.
* Pour 10 molds, restir mixture, pour remaining 10
* let it sit for 30 min then remove from molds and lightly dust with corn starch to prevent sticking

There really is a technique to the mixing, the first time i Made these they looked like air bubble pops but now I can get nice clear candy consistently

I have tried the peppermint, orange and lemon flavorings. The peppermint was universally hated (I was told by several people that only old people eat peppermint?), the orange I think was too much and was a little burny to your tongue, the lemon has been the best so far for me.

Care to elaborate on the technique used to obtain clear candy and without bubbles??

You and the op's directions are very bad ass and helpful!!

Thanks brahs

flatslabs

Really you just have to figure it out, make some without concentrates in them but simulate the stirring.

Basically just stir slow and let it settle to avoid the bubbles before you pour your molds. Also, decarb in a small amount of coconut oil so its easier to mix in.

Can someone help me try and understand dosages? I've made these quite a few times and love these! But at 25-30 lollipops per 2g that's around .07g per dose. These get me properly medicated.....so why do coconut oil infusions call for .50g per dose as a starting point? Read several reports how 2g of bho in a stick butter producing weak edibles. Asking because frankly the suggested Dose of .5g per is 7x stronger than what this calls for here. Just wondering why so mich more is needed for making baking oils.

Latest posts

Latest posts