What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Western Winds Smoke Report

if you;re looking for something unique in sag's ww, you're not going to find it. i've read reports like this one and seen pictures from long ago of what it used to be, and what they stock now is nothing like it. just another commercial sativa with heavy effects.

Spaventa

Veteran
I have 10 regular WW. The trait I'm after is the church incense aroma when it burns.
No mention of that in your report but yours were fems right? I still have hope :)

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
My WW in 5 gallon pot
picture.php

picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Spaventa,

This WW has a delicious incense in the exhale and in the smoke. I took an early sample and was surprised by how nice the smoke is. There is a slight bit of skunkiness, faint but noticeable, and light citrus notes.

Spaventa

Veteran
Spaventa,

This WW has a delicious incense in the exhale and in the smoke. I took an early sample and was surprised by how nice the smoke is. There is a slight bit of skunkiness, faint but noticeable, and light citrus notes.

Oh good :) that sounds like my kind of thing! thank you for posting :tiphat:

HolyGrailP

Hi Claude Hopper,

Wow, dat WW looks awesome.
May I ask you about WW reg?
How long it takes for a flowering stage for incensy WW? , I mean since u start 12/12. Did you found from a pack of WW or more? I have a room limit and am not able to pop full pack so I want to know before purchase..
Thanks for yout time.

Spaventa

Veteran
Im busy with clones till Christmas but My first grow next year will be my WW. Hoping I get at least 6 or 7 girls out of the 10 regulars to try.

I seem to remember reading that when the original breeders parted ways, the one who kept the name Kali Mist, also kept the mothers. He says the other guy didn't get any so WW is original KM F2, or so they say.

This would account for the inconsistent quality of offspring so we should expect a lot of negatives from those expecting the stable F1 offspring of KM with maybe just few homogenous and fire phenotypes.

With WW you will, theoretically, find those same phenotypes, even purer expressions perhaps but they will be lost in a haystack of others that will range from not good enough to utterly shit. All just my stoned supposition of course :biggrin:

The odds of me finding a grail KM throwback are slim but I'm a very lucky person so I'll give it go and see if the weed gods smile on me again.

HolyGrailP

Hi Spaventa,

Thanks for your comment :) I was a bit confusing about WW filial generation, so it was really helpful.
Btw, I actually really enjoyed your incense thread. (not sure, is it appropriate to mention another thread..if it's wrong, i will delete it.) Also, I'm looking for frankincense that you described.
I actually born after original KM (1993) has been released so have no idea how old school haze/sativa or frankincense smoke like but many reviews seem like frankincense is a real fire, I mean the best sativa/haze in history.

Hope you can find out frankincense aroma when it burnt :) I will give a try on either way WW or Simply Irresistible.Maybe, Neville's as well.

Cheers! :tiphat:

billb

Veteran
I'd love to find the 90's serious seed kali mist. I'd give up a few elite cuts for it. Ha
I smoked her firdtbin Amsterdam in 99', they even had some KM growing in the cannabis museum. That's where I first smelled the catpiss ad later on euphoric and lung expanding smoke of the Gods! I smoked it and afghani and ak47 for 6 days straight, the whole spring break. If anybody knows of any seed company that has the real deal or any leads would be greatly appreciated
BB

ambertrichome

Veteran
Some of the Phenos of the Swami Blue Orca x Original Nevils 88 NL5 x Haze have some killer Sandalwood Incense examples. Also some are Sweet, Fuel, to Fruity Available in USA only though.

Blue Orca is a cross of 1971 Pre Soviet Kandahar x 1976 Highland Blue Thai. BO, and its Sister The ONE, anr the oldest known clones. Since 84. The Thai is the Original stuff DJ Short used to make Blueberry, Juicy Fruit.

billb

Veteran
Really that sounds good. I have all of dj shorts gear in seed. I love a good sativa. Kali mist finished before a lot of sativas, if I'm. It mistaken. Another reason. I can't do a 90-100 day strain like a lot of those. Outdoors it's just too late an indoor not enough real estate:)

billb

Veteran
Yeah I'm not into the white widow really. I have the Wookiee cut. But not straight white widow

HolyGrailP

Coool!! dat NL/Haze hybrid with DJ’s gear sounds insane. Btw, as long as I know Nevill never release NL5/HzA, that NL/Haze, which Swami used can be NL5/HzC?

ambertrichome

Veteran
Clackamas Coot got seeds from Nevil in 88, which were limited release.
He founda Male he really lkes in 91, bred it, and then put the seeds away for 20 years, and then he popped them around 5-6 years ago, and have been bred to F5 with several open pollinations.

I cant tell you what the Name/# ect is on Coots Male. But its from 91.

Also after now sampling, and observing my buddies several Blue Orca Haze, and NL5/Hz, its all very good weed, but some of the NL5/Hz is raw resin, and is not pleasant, and would need to be crossed with something, but is really strong, but some take 90 days+

Another was more Floral, thought provoking, and strong. All of it is also very long lasting. This 1 went 73 days, and could have gone 80+

1 Blue Orca Haze was taken at 63 days, and could have gone 80. All of it they grew can go 75+. It was very euphoric, and long lasting, even 2 weeks early. Sandalwood smell, tase, with hints of hash.

Pheno 2 BOH was similar to the NL5/Haze that was the more floral pheno, thought provoking, and more psychedelic. This 1 went 73 days, and could have gone 80+.

BOH 3 was a single large central cola, and was taken at 73 days, and could have gone 85. Strong high like the others, similar tase.

The BOH will be some of the frostiest plants youll ever see, and should be let go as long as possible to bring out the complex turpins. ANd it needs a good cure.

Will make hellacious hybrids.

Good production on most of the BOH, and they grow generally fast, with good brinching, and strong central stalk, and branches.

Amost all of the plants turn Blue/Purple

My buddies took the plants early because they wanted to rejuvenate them, and didn't want them to go to far.