What's new

Black Russian! The PURPLE, purple strain...

G

Some quick crap shots. Gotta love that purp. Only a month old.

There is some Jackflash x super skunk in there too.

G

the last shot is the room shot. Its a freakin mess but the dude just wont listen to me when i tell him to clean crap up. Those dutch are lazy! haha j/k...

the ones on the right are the jack flash x super skunk....great commercial strain IMO. Grows perfect!

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
nice garden! but its someone else's?
TheBlackRussian said:
Its a freakin mess but the dude just wont listen to me when i tell him to clean crap up.

anyway, the plants look healthy and buds look niice. tell your friend to keep up the good work :rasta:

hdn155

nice.. i received a bag of black russian seeds from a friend and have been trying to find info on it but havnt found much at all. TBR, do you know the genetics of this strain? approx flower time?? any info would be greatly appreciated.. btw plants look amazing i look very forward to poppin my beans.

G

Firsttracks we will say it isnt my garden for now! haha thanks man...

hdn155, the black russian is the cherry pheno of ak47 x somablazes BlackBerry. Nebu made the cross as well as subcool. Ive grown out nebu's version and its a very nice plant. Gets big, buds are dense and PURPE, not just one of those purple strains that has a couple purple leaves or when you hold it in the sun light it has purple tint. This current version thats being run is subcools from back in the day. Ive heard people say its not that potent but nobody has ever complained around here and i doubt most of these people have even tried it.

Not sure the flower time cause its been years since i ran em. Ill let you know. 12/12 june first so im thinking a good 55-60 days. We will see. Just wait until you see em filled out....

guineapig

Veteran
Beautiful and healthy!!! :jump: :woohoo:

Would love to see some gargantor colas here soon.....:lurk:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

G

thanks guys. Leaving for vacation but ill take some shots next week.

yall have a safe 4th.....

melty

I have some white ruskaya x thaitanic going into flowering soon. I cannot wait...never tried anything nebu, and this is nebu and jojo so I am in hog heven. Black Russian looks so good.....I have grown the blackberry widow, which is obviously a blackberry hybrid. And although the potency was not a ten, it was still sufficient to say the least. RIP Somablaze and thanks for this thread The Black Russian!

midwest

Looking good
I grew some of subcool's black Russian f2's a few years ago.

Insanely pretty plant, good yeilder as well
I didn't care for the taste or high very much at all though

G

Ive noticed a big difference in the NEBU release and the subcool release.

Think i may have found a keeper

Crom

Great looking strain wow, can't wait to see them done....I'll be looking forward to the smoke report :D

I've seen something similar to this strain called Black Rose on another forum, don't know if it's the same strain just renamed. Absolutely killer!

midwest

TheBlackRussian said:
Ive noticed a big difference in the NEBU release and the subcool release.

Think i may have found a keeper

Could be.
I've seen other see people say how they really loved the taste of this strain. So it could have just been my phenos.

You're looking nice so far. Good Luck

I Love your style. 5gallon buckets w/soil is the way to go!

Last edited:
G

Thanks Midwest. Ill post some harvest shots soon and smoke report. Its been about 4 years since i smoked this strain..

G

I dont think anyone has ever had enough seeds to really test if its consistent or not. Im talking growth patterns. As far as the purple, out of f1s and f2s from nebu all but 1 or 2 plants are purple from the start. Ill be breeding these back in and running a big outdoor this winter to see whats what. Im looking for that purple that has everything and i have no doubt you can pull it from these genetics. Just need a bigger grow show than most of the closet breeders like subcool can pull off.

G

and as far as where i got it, the packs are few and far between. I got my f1s and f2s from nebu way back in the day. These f2s bred by subcool came from someone else. One of those closet breeders that buys everything just incase...haha You can talk them out of em for the right price... :rasta:

looks alot more black than in this pic.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Looks beautiful and I appreciate the info. Thing is, I'm not gonna pay some dude some crazy price for it, when I could easily buy a bunch of Nirvana's and find one of those purple phenos that seems to show up in all of their stock.