What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BML Contest idea: Bare Minimum Lighting contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

b10narybud

Hello,

I just had another idea for a contest that might be interesting. I know all of you liked the shotglass grow.

Well, i was thinking today, you see stuff growing in cracks and weird places..and we've now hit the small grow space predicament. What about low light?

What are the boards opinion on a possible BML Contest? Bare Minimum Lighting. Where am i going with this you ask? How about a contest where the whole point is to grow something with as little light as possible where grow space is not a condsideration?

I know lots of you have LED's, flashlight bulbs, and nightlights laying around. These are the tools I was thinking of when mentioning BML.

Please post your opinions and if there would be any takers

Happy Tokin'

Mt Toaker

I doubt a flashlight bulb would grow anything, nor would a night light. They don't put out the correct type of light for plants to grow in, but what the hey, give it a go I'll watch in anticipation.

Smoke68

LMFAO!!!! Peaville, that is classic. I wonder if anybody is going to try that one... What can you grow with a bic? Good lord that would take SERIOUS dedication for absolutely nothing and a lot of wasted butane.
I like these contest ideas where people are seeing the littlest amount of space they can grow in, or how small the root area can be, but is there not a certain light *requirement* MJ needs to grow? Will MJ even produce a flower before the light of a flashlight?
I personally do not think so. I believe that a plant in a 6"x6"x6" box with a 3watt Maglight DDD light bulb is only going to create stretched nodes and very slow growth. I hardly would think a grow operation of this sort would even create enough lumens for the plant to survive.
With my opinion said, I am not completely against the idea however. Being a man who has based much of his life on physics, I greatly appreciate when one, either a person or an idea, bends the boundaries that we have set before ourselves. That is what is fascinating to me.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
The purpose of this forum, at it's inception, was to be a place for 'approved' contests...not for contest ideas, which seem to clutter this forum.

If you have an idea for a contest, and have read the contest guidelines, and wish to approach admin with your idea, then it is best done via pm to admin; a decision is made and your pm replied to.

Haven't had the time lately...but will soon be cleaning up this forum and getting it back to it's original purpose which is a place for posting an active contest after admin approval.

Thanks!
dg

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Teaching and Old Duck a new trick....

Teaching and Old Duck a new trick....

Dutchgrown said:
The purpose of this forum, at it's inception, was to be a place for 'approved' contests...not for contest ideas, which seem to clutter this forum.
If you have an idea for a contest, and have read the contest guidelines, and wish to approach admin with your idea, then it is best done via pm to admin; a decision is made and your pm replied to.
Thanks!
dg
Thanks DG for pointing this out. I didn't know that. I have placed several ideas here in the last year or so with no response...I always wondered why I recieved no response?..Maybe the PoTM contest should be here in this forum. I always wondered why it wasn't? What about under this forums headline a message such as "A place for contests, win some goodies etc.. not for contest ideas?" Although I'm a Duck we're like sheep and you must lead us...he....he. I'm very sorry for my cluttering in the past..Maybe it is possible to teach an old duck , me, something new.....DD

Last edited:

RED145

251460128080955.jpg

LOL,Thats 1 candle power of light with an approximate 95 day veg plus another 100 flower for an approximate yield of 1/10 of 1 gram!!!!!LOL,Hey but ya didnt have to buy it!!!Great Contest idea,who else is in? :rasta:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts