What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding Ethiopian strain.

:wave: :wave:
Hi people, i,m sarching a Ethiopian strain, but African seed closed some years ago. This strain is very special and mistical for me, it´s something spiritual, i need to find some seeds of Ethiopian strain, i know it´s very dificult, but if someone have any information i would be very very very very very very happy. Thanks for all friends.

Peace and love for all.

:wave: :wave:

Last edited:
G

I know two places that might still have some African Seeds packets in stock, pm me for links.

I do have an Egyptian landrace from southern egypt, which is not all that far from Ethiopia, they may be similar type of strain.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As far as I know,much of the weed smoked in Egypt comes from Sudan
It´s called "bango"
Also from the bedouins (sp?) (Sinai):D

Last edited:
G

I got these Egyptians in luxor, 2004 from an old guy, he said they were what the local hashish was made from, but apart from that I know nothing. They could well be sudanese as that egypt/sudan border is wide open, the same tribes occupy both sides of the border and trade is unencumbered pretty much. So I have no idea whether they will be similar to Lebanese hash sativa types or to sudanese (no idea what sudanese is like) or whether they will be a more indica type of hashplant. They are just breaking the surface after potting into cups now so give me 3-4 months and I'll know more! lol

Kenny Lingus

Ethiopian Hghland.....?!?

Ethiopian Hghland.....?!?

I had a friend giving me 4 Eth.-Highland x Neville's Haze x Maple Leaf Ind.

It was very resinous and bag plants. Had dark hues and a purple tinge at stems/petioles, and it grew like a wide christmas three sativa. (Buds where firm and frosted with with bundles of huge gland heads on thin and tall thricome stalks. A bit too cough inducing, but after a 3 months cure it smoothed out some...)

FRUITY HASH TASTE AND ONLY A LITTLE AMOUNT OF SCENT...

THINK I'LL HAVE TO FIND THEM SEEDS I MADE OF IT SOON

Hi Kenny, this cross sound very very good, how many time of florening? it´s very interesting. If you find some seeds we could make some change. Thanks for the information.

Hi Raco, ¿cómo esta usted? epero que todo en orden. Un saludo amigo.

Peace and love.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wasn't Breeder's Choice going to offer them as freebies w/ BC purchases on SB? Wish they'd get some stock up. :drum:

G

When I look at the list of strains that African Seeds used to sell I really wish I'd bought them all when I had the chance!

I have a few Africans - Malawi Gold, Swazi Red, Durban Poison, Senegal, Lesotho, Jahwis Joy from Ghana, but I would love to have some more.

G

Wasn't Breeder's Choice going to offer them as freebies w/ BC purchases on SB? Wish they'd get some stock up.

Yep, we still are brother. Just waiting for confirmations and things and new stock will go up.

When I look at the list of strains that African Seeds used to sell I really wish I'd bought them all when I had the chance!

Yep, for sure BH. We grabbed most that we could, but didn't think they would go out of business. A real shame. Glad we where able to preserve well the Malawi, Ethiopian and couple of others as they where the real deal. La Mano also has another Ethiope line, the Angolans and banghi, so in the future there should be some more Africans around from us. Hope so, exciting herbs.

Peace, hhf

G

Nice pic Stone Locust!

Where and when did you come across the cob?

How did it smoke?

Peace, hhf

Yes the bud was in the cob. I was there (few hundred kilometers right of the capital) some 4 years ago for 5 months as a student. Two times I bought a cob from a trusted person that smoked himself.
Many seeds in the bud and I was too scared to bring some back. What I remember about the smoke: It made me paranoid and confused and tripped out very up, up, up weed.
It was funny that rolling papers were so hard to come by; just one egyptian brand without adhesive on it so rolling was difficult!

Last edited:
G

I know loads of African people who are from places like Uganda and Nigeria, but they are all strict christians and disapprove of herb, they have mentioned the possibility of going to Africa to work on relief programmes, or teaching, only thing that has stopped me from going (teaching in an African village would be awesome) is that I;m an atheist and their brand of strict christianity turns my stomach quite frankly. (No wish to offend anyone, each to their own, its the way they try to convert everyone they meet that sickens me, i believe in everyone's right to their own personal beliefs, just don;t tell me I need to believe as you do).

Anyways, I have 57 of these Egyptian beans and all ten germed have sprouted, I am going to begin a small preservation project, I will just be using these first 10 as a tester to evaluate the potential, clones will be taken and I'll start the other seeds in a couple of months when I have more space. I want to spread these genes around (if they are worthy) so I'll probably send them in to be given out as freebies.

Hey british hempire, you could always go to a country in africa that's not so christian or where there is more than one main religion or that are muslim?
Your egyptian strain is so interesting.. good luck with it! Also your plans about zcech are really good, everybody should try to get some landrace to keep the strains around. (for example I also read about greek "kalamata", old strain).
By the way weren't the Hashishins Scythians? I do think so. So much cultural background behind landrace strains!

G

Its the fact that the relief project is a Christian one, that the kids are taught to follow the bible, I can't be part of that I'm afraid, I went to a Catholic school, we had an old Irish priest who went on about how we would burn in the fires of hell and live in the dirt anf filth with the devil and all that cack. Oxfam, Unicef, anything like that that organises such programmes, those would be great, I'm looking for a volunteer programme somehwere interesting at the moment. Ghana would be nice.

The Scythians came from the black sea region, were nomadic, think northern Iran, eastern turkey, that kinda region, they used cannabis as part of rituals and it is thought also for pleasure, they would throw bundles of dried plants onto hot stones inside a tent then close the tent flaps and sit in the tent for a while, inhaling the dense clouds of smoke from the smouldering plants. The Romans planted Scythian cannabis cultivars in Moravia from what I'm told. Many of the older locals in the little villages (it's a rural farming area) have some plants growing in their back yards, whether these are exactly the same as the wild feral population I am not sure, but they are definitely closely related.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I got some Ethiopian Highland x Indian Sativa. I'm awaiting to grow them out when I got room. The seeds are some of the smallest I've seen so far. They don't even look like seeds.