Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Strange Slime buildup on roots

Thread Title Search
Strange Slime buildup on roots Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2007, 11:36 PM #31
richyrich
Out of the slime, finally.

richyrich has disabled reputation
10 hours ago, adjusted ph to 5.7, now its already up to 6.3. This is RO water, TDS is not moving. Chiller at 67. Advanced Nutes and House and Garden Root Excelurator only. If you haven't heard of Root Excelurator, its kinda new to the market and is easily the best new product of the last few years. It is the best for root rot and roots grow unbelievably with this stuff.
It's not working on this algae crap.
richyrich is offline Quote

Old 05-07-2007, 01:41 AM #32
richyrich

I posted what happened when I added Hygrozyme. This stuff grew 10 fold when it was added. I am wondering what the hell now when i just read this.

HYGROZYME prevents the formation of pythium and algae, speeds up degradation of dead organic matters and facilitates chemical nutrient assimilation. It will create healthy white root growth in your plants. It will not harm beneficial microbes.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 AM #33
chinese-mecican

chinese-mecican will become famous soon enough
i think i have the same problem you have but mine is really bad. How should i get rid of it? I run advanced sensi pro 2 plus, voodoo juice, b-52, carbo load, sensizye, sweet leaf, big bud , overdrive, final phase. I just got some hydroguard. Will hydroguard prevent this from happening on my next harvest? I use RO water from the store.

chinese-mecican is offline Quote

Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 AM #34

look familiar?

Roots from the last round.

End result.

Funny how you both used hydrozyme. That was my first time using the stuff and brown alge is what happened. I'll stick to basics for a while. GMB only. Break down, bleach and scrub everything. If your not running a large system it shouldn't be that bad. Take the plants out and clean them. If you can put then in an alternative container for a few days while everything else gets sterilized. Rubbermaid tubs can hold a lot of plants in a pinch.

LIGHTPROOF EVERYTHING!!!

1 week and counting since i bleached and scrubbed. So far, no signs of the alge.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 AM #35
chinese-mecican

i didnt use hydrozyme. I dont know how i got it. Could it be from my airstones? They are kind of in a dirty area where the air pumps are sitting.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 AM #36
GDB
Obtentor de la Verde

GDB will become famous soon enoughGDB will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinese-mecican
i think i have the same problem you have but mine is really bad. How should i get rid of it? I run advanced sensi pro 2 plus, voodoo juice, b-52, carbo load, sensizye, sweet leaf, big bud , overdrive, final phase. I just got some hydroguard. Will hydroguard prevent this from happening on my next harvest? I use RO water from the store.
Where do you buy RO water at the store?

Old 05-07-2007, 07:25 AM #37
chinese-mecican

wal-mart culligan water

Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 PM #38
richyrich

Just got the Physan right now. If you have an Armstrong Garden Center around, $10.

The aquarium stuff didnt seem to do anything. PH still drifting up to quickly with RO water and no drop in TDS. Means, algae still alive.

This should be the last front. Hopefully my black thumb turns back to green.

This Physan 20 is an algaecide, bactericide, virudice and fungidice. All the hydro nasties. I expect nothing to be alive after this dose and treatment except the plants. If this dont work, start believing in curses.

Last edited by richyrich; 05-07-2007 at 11:33 PM..

Old 05-08-2007, 01:31 AM #39
stonedeconomist

could it be that you have a yeast infection? with the amount of sugar used as a chelating compound in many of the liquid fertilizers and supplements you may enough sugar in your solution for a fast breeding yeast colony to take over.

Last edited by stonedeconomist; 05-08-2007 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: bad spelling

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:21 AM #40
richyrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedeconomist
could it be that you have a yeast infection. with the amount of sugar used as a chelating compuond in many of the liquid fertilizers you may wnough sugar in your solution for a fast breeding yeast colony to take over.
In my case, I do not. I tried carbo load one time and that was a mistake. If you have any nasties unkown in your system, you will set off a bomb when you add that stuff. System better be dialed in before using.

Last edited by richyrich; 05-08-2007 at 04:36 AM..