What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REAL Landrace Colombian Gold.

HAZENACIOUS

Unfortunately I'm yet to sample the CG '72. I've had 4/4 males so far. Hopefully I'll get a chance this season :)

I always thought they "crucified" the plants to get that "gold" color out in the field. But no doubt metabolism and nutrition play a big part too. You definitely have a paler one on your hands there. How does she smoke compared to the greener types?

You're quite right about the color too. I guess Colombian Yellow, Straw or Hay just isn't as marketable as the Gold.

Hi Nexus,
Good point. I used to wonder about that like I heard the rumors about use of stress techniques etc, but I don't think they do that, I think now that is genetic. Its interesting because I did an F1 cross between male of Nevil's NH21XMML and my top 5hz hybrid cut, the offspring I grew out were mostly pale in varying degrees once buds started maturing, maybe it is a strong recessive trait, that was on both sides. The progeny had a certain uniformity to them even though individuals were quite unique. The 2 different plants pictured first under hps, you can see the first one pictured has the long strings of calyxes and is kind of like an eastern sativa/ Thai or something in terms of form. This plant was extremely potent, perhaps the strongest stuff I have tried since I lost my original 5hz cut. I smoked too much when I was testing the cieling and wound up with the spins, spent several hours kneeling before the porcelain goddess, so to speak, not fun. A small hit or 2 and you are flying for hours with no real crash. It is a true haze.

The second one with the red stem is the one that reminds me more of the Columbian Gold, which is also a bit more mellow of a smoke(still much stronger than conventional kush types), it has the similar kind of care free non paranoid dreamy high typical of the Columbians, that tends to leave you feeling a bit sleepy and relaxed after a few hours, but not really burnt out. They smell a bit sweet from 5hz side, with an underlying earthy cedar incensey smell, that is more prevalent on the exhale. The sweet smell does not translate to the smoke which is more woody hashy incense. Very smooth.

Here are a couple more halide pics of the more Columbian leaning pheno(on the right), interesting in terms of plant structure, it looks very similar to the original NH21

picture.php

picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
That is a nice looking male Nexus the pics blurry so can look close at steam n flowers if clean of fem parts something i would be trying to keep and hopefully you find a nice fem to match him with.

Nexus7

That is a nice looking male Nexus the pics blurry so can look close at steam n flowers if clean of fem parts something i would be trying to keep and hopefully you find a nice fem to match him with.

Thanks hempy. He looked pretty stable but was never stress tested. Unfortunately I only stored his pollen in the fridge and when it came time to test it was unviable. I miss that guy ...

picture.php

CG '72 Male A "rainbow" pheno

Nexus7

Well personally I wouldn't try m2f reversal for smoke testing but was thinking about it for seed making purposes. I couldn't source any ethylene so just tried with fruit. I seemed to get a couple pistils but gave up because it was taking too long.

picture.php

picture.php

CG '72 Male B

I didn't like the look of this male so decided to outcross to an unknown Haze hybrid. Have one "Haze" type CG '72 and one green type stored for inbreeding purposes so all is not lost.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thanks hempy. He looked pretty stable but was never stress tested. Unfortunately I only stored his pollen in the fridge and when it came time to test it was unviable. I miss that guy ...

View Image

CG '72 Male A "rainbow" pheno

Pity i really liked the look of him if you have more seed odds are he should pop up again mate.

olday

Veteran
Hi Nexus,
Good point. I used to wonder about that like I heard the rumors about use of stress techniques etc, but I don't think they do that, I think now that is genetic. Its interesting because I did an F1 cross between male of Nevil's NH21XMML and my top 5hz hybrid cut, the offspring I grew out were mostly pale in varying degrees once buds started maturing, maybe it is a strong recessive trait, that was on both sides. The progeny had a certain uniformity to them even though individuals were quite unique. The 2 different plants pictured first under hps, you can see the first one pictured has the long strings of calyxes and is kind of like an eastern sativa/ Thai or something in terms of form. This plant was extremely potent, perhaps the strongest stuff I have tried since I lost my original 5hz cut. I smoked too much when I was testing the cieling and wound up with the spins, spent several hours kneeling before the porcelain goddess, so to speak, not fun. A small hit or 2 and you are flying for hours with no real crash. It is a true haze.

The second one with the red stem is the one that reminds me more of the Columbian Gold, which is also a bit more mellow of a smoke(still much stronger than conventional kush types), it has the similar kind of care free non paranoid dreamy high typical of the Columbians, that tends to leave you feeling a bit sleepy and relaxed after a few hours, but not really burnt out. They smell a bit sweet from 5hz side, with an underlying earthy cedar incensey smell, that is more prevalent on the exhale. The sweet smell does not translate to the smoke which is more woody hashy incense. Very smooth.

Here are a couple more halide pics of the more Columbian leaning pheno(on the right), interesting in terms of plant structure, it looks very similar to the original NH21

View Image

View Image

Are you crushing the stalks and letting them fall over (sorry for the noob question but just now running my first tent of nld sats and they are LEGGY) - how long did you veg for?

OldCoolSativa

My friends and family tell me I've achieved my goal of bringing back that 70s weed. I had a little of the 78 CG pollen left which I used to make a small number of backcrosses from each of the F1s I grew. My next run I'll probably explore the F1 bx seeds I got from this plant...75% of the genetics are straight from 1978.

Go ahead and laugh at how schwaggy this bud looks, but it's truly excellent herb.

View Image

Time flies. Here are the puntodorado backcrosses and two Lumbo mashup seedlings about a month after germination. The four in the back are PD10 (fastest plant) BX. The four in the middle are PD1 (20-week plant) BX, the progeny of the plant shown in the picture. And the two plants in front are puntodorado x puntobiche. I'm planning to take cuts in another ~3 weeks and flower the clones when rooted. I've learned I need to promptly dial back the N as soon as they begin to flower if I want to avoid lockout and burnt leaf tips. I'm give them nothing but water after 12 weeks to bring out the golden color.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PD BX seedlings2.jpg
    PD BX seedlings2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 42

redbud

I went 88 days, but one plant still had some clear trichs. next time I may go a little longer, we'll see. well, of course its going to look different, its been indoor grown for 20 years already before I got to it. and he selected that pheno, he had ones that were completely not conducive for growing indoors.

thanks guys! no modern hybrid here.

Iv put in one other persons hands, probably the best grower i know. I call him the vault, I can give him something, he'll have it 10 yrs later. dude pulls 4 lbs off 12 plants, soil garden. 1000 watts. He used to run a 16k and an 8k flower simultaneously. mind you I'm in a non rec, hardly med state. So a 16k grow is pretty good for these parts. but yes, I will ensure its survival.

A part of me feels like the guy I got it from only let it out because he didn't want it to die with him. hes in his late 60s id say.
LOL.. That's a hybrid, I've grown Central American sativas since the late 70's.. That's not landrace colombian gold. Old post I know, but that's not CG

redbud

Hey, it could be from a different region in Colombia, I can't be �� on that, but decades old and from Colombia I can be sure of. It was only my first run with it. I took it to 85 plus days but some still had clear trichs, next time I'll try it 12 plus weeks. Thanks for the comments guys. Water, ur cool in my book. I can't deny I have seen more sativa/landrace looking CG, but like I said I mentioned, this one pheno was one of the only workable phenos for indoor growing that he found. Maybe the family crossed it years ago. Like it's been said without genetically testing it....just thought you boys n girls would enjoy the bud along w the heritage and the story to wrap it up.
Real gold goes over 20 weeks, you had a hybrid