What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Washington's War on Medical Patients

RedEye_JeDi

The unbelievable aggression from Washington's politicians Vs the Medical Marijuana community has enraged me! We have been on the defense for what, about 2 years now. The first few bills were defeated by clear public support, protests, letter drives, and appropriate political reactions. After all, we have been operating with The Voter's Will, which is the core of our country! On November 3rd, 1998, 59% of Washington State voters approved ballot initiative 692, which became our beloved RCW 69.51a. This bill gave us the right for 15 plants each, 3 patients per collective, the right to extract our own concentrates, etc. Life has been pretty sweet in the Evergreen state since then, in my opinion. All we need is freedom and respect, to create utopia. Right? We are capable of cooperation, and resistance.

The only other initiative that was Marijuana related since then was I-502, which voters approved to FURTHER DECRIMINALIZE marijuana, for non-medical citizens. The point was, we don't want ANY tax money spent on arresting The People of The Marijuana Plant! The majority of us are OK with Marijuana growing and smoking, stop getting involved. Notably, our Seattle and Washington police have largely respected this law, and stopped busting people for pot. Of course, many people didn't read the pages of 502, and notice all the pages regarding Seizure of Property, Houses, Cars. I saw it as an omen for the coming war, and voted against this bill, written by Haters of Medical Marijuana, disbelievers of our ailments.

Without any directive for change from the public, our politicians have launched a slew of assaults on us this year, named Senate Bill 5052, House Bill 2136, and the "Emergency Rules" filed by the Department of Health in response. The City Prosecutor has ordered the closure of hundreds of medical dispensaries.

Without ANY vote from the public, our politicians disrespect us by destroying the rights we gained in 1998, when 1,121,851 Washington Voters said YES to I-692! By their own hand and greedy desires, our Governor, Senator, Reps, DOH, and LCB have stripped the following rights:

Plant Limit - Individual plant limits go from 15 down to 4, or 6 if you register. Assuming you are rightfully offended by the "Registry Database", this is a 74% reduction in personal plants.
Co Op Limit - Previously 3 patients x 15 plants = 45 plants. A new Co - Op can only have "15 plants per Housing Unit", this is a 66% reduction in Co Op plants.
Concentrates - Butane Honey Oil is BANNED from the state. 100% reduction of BHO!
Dispensaries - All Medical Dispensaries MUST CLOSE, unless they are granted a new permit from the LCCB. 100% Threat

Recreational stores made $360 MILLION dollars this year. Yet, our leaders are acting as if Medical Dispensaries are a major threat to them, and "something has to be done"! WHY, what problems exist we are working to solve? Other than getting more of our dollars to the state. Let's note that we already have 10% sales tax, heavy sin tax, our state is already a vampire that drains us wherever possible. For 17 years we built a truly organic industry, and with a few puffs of hot air, they have stolen it from us. From many THOUSANDS of us.

-Plant limits are reduced to force people to buy Recreational instead of Medicine.

-Co Op limits are reduced so that NOBODY can have a Legal Medical Garden. with 15 plants per housing unit, is it possible to run a company? There will be NO legitimate medical garden co-ops to support dispensaries. The state wants to starve the stores, and raid the gardens.

-BHO is banned to force people to buy Recreational Co2, which comes from an expensive machine small gardens with 15 plants can't afford.

-BHO extraction is SAFE if a closed-loop is being used. I have NEVER heard of a closed loop butane system exploding, indoor OR outdoor. So why did they ban closed loop extractions? Where is the proof that closed loops are DANGEROUS?? We are being LIED to in a tremendous order.

Emergency rules are being passed, our rights have been stripped, our business have been closed, our gardens will be raided. Our police will be turned against us, after 17 years of Peace and Freedom!

How can we fight back?!

We need to BAN 502 Stores.
We need to Contact our Police Departments and ask them to respect our Initiative 692, and resist criminal orders.
We need to Pass I-692 AGAIN! If our Politicians have simply FORGOTTEN our will, let us re-assert it. The same resolution, the same voters, the same rights!

This is my best answer to the problem. Please post YOUR best answers to the problem (or agree), and let's make something happen.

We will continue to be assaulted, you should be scared, you should react, you should communicate right here! If we believe in Democracy, and we participate, we will surely yield another victory! Our votes are more powerful than their greed!

FtLotG

Ban 502? Never going to happen.
Pass 692 again? Never going to happen.

The vast majority of cannabis users can walk into a store and buy it now. There is zero support for getting rid of 502. Even the previous opponents know they lost, and now concede to the money.

692 is being "attacked" because the state wants consistent (easy) tax revenue and less confusion from an "enforcement" standpoint (The Liquor Control Board).

Remember folks, never confuse malice with stupidity and ignorance. If you do, you see shit like this post.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
just boycott recreational stores.
this won't bring back the dead, but you aren't pandering to their will either.
'they' can suck rocks as no sales means no tax income. period. ever. zip. nada.

they created new criminals with their rec scheme, ffs, it's you and me.

just boycott recreational stores.
this won't bring back the dead, but you aren't pandering to their will either.
'they' can suck rocks as no sales means no tax income. period. ever. zip. nada.

they created new criminals with their rec scheme, ffs, it's you and me.

I don't know why people keep feeding a state govt that won't actually pass home grow laws and treats cannabis users as a cash cow. While 40 grams is still a felony. I won't step foot in one of these shit 502 stores. Money spent at those shops also goes to there lobbying groups which destroyed Mmj in WA so rec shops can profit the lower plant limits are designed to force you into rec shops. Good luck getting home growing with a strong rec cannabis lobby. Your next Cali on the corporate take over.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
only thing WA has succeed in ... is driving the medical community back underground where WE came from .... very ironic ~ "circle of life" shitt... even sadder to think we did this too our selves w/ all the effort to go main stream...
is what it is ...
back to my cave ... Too ~ stay

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
its looking bad everywhere...I don't care what the laws are ..I will always grow my own and I wont be paying any taxes to the greedy bastards that previously put people in jail for mj...weed will replace and exceed the revenue lost from tobacco...greed will change things ..look how they fucked up tobacco...you cant grow a bunch without paying the man and its taxed heavily.... why would you think weed would be any different...yeehaw...

Shooters

We have forgotten the face of our fathers...

Seriously, we have allowed our "Governments" to stray from the Natural Law that our constitutions, both State and Federal, were founded on.

Solution; might just be a return to the belief of individual rights of the people and for the Governments to downsize and leave us all the f*ck alone.

Here is a good article that while it is focused on safety & security could just as easily be applied to our right to grow our own plants and medicine without the taxes, licensing and regulation creating monopolies: http://www.thegovernmentrag.com/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-gun-free-zone.html#.Vo06rFIpIlP

Last edited: