What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MED sent out an email nixing the Cannabs Cup in Denver

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Also f's it up for other states such as my own - that DO have an event as well. Smaller and a great deal less sexy, so it may be, compared to the alpine scenes of CO, or the Disneyland cosmo world of AMS. But, it's ours... Even if it is primarily a dab fest, lol. Fingers crossed.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
For CO its anyone thats legally licensed by the Marijuana Enforcement Division in CO... that means dispensaries, edible businesses, concentrate extractors, and anyone else thats running a business legally through the MED.

so the event could still be technically open to "personal" entries or is it illegal to gift herb from one adult to another?

if that is the end of the colo cup, then I'm sure glad I got me a little hardware last year ;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
even ic 420 cup's future is uncertain, i mean i'm not sure how much longer the Dutch situation will allow us to keep our yearly tradition going. they are starting to go sico with the regs. if you help someone in a grow you can be fined 80k apparently. hard to find employees under those conditions without paying them extra for the risk. so already expensive prices will get even worse, specially when they start the 15% regs. nutty fuckers are shooting them selves in the foot with this crap.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
The cannabis cup had a rule that you had to be licensed with the State to enter.

Biting them in the ass now. :)

that must be a new rule for this year...I'm not from Colorado, yet I managed to bring this home to CA last year.
picture.php

picture.php

these events will become more accepted in the states...if not, well private cups are more my style anyways.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
even ic 420 cup's future is uncertain, i mean i'm not sure how much longer the Dutch situation will allow us to keep our yearly tradition going. they are starting to go sico with the regs. if you help someone in a grow you can be fined 80k apparently. hard to find employees under those conditions without paying them extra for the risk. so already expensive prices will get even worse, specially when they start the 15% regs. nutty fuckers are shooting them selves in the foot with this crap.

Yes, I was in Amsterdam for the Cup in 2014, and it was nothing but a cluster fuck, because the city officials kept canceling permits at the last minute.