What's new

"Strong" and "Dirty" : Whats Really In Legal Weed?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
testing for everything possible should be done ....yeehaw...it aint fair other growers get to cheat...and possible health concerns ...

monkey5

Veteran
I can tell you this much..in the 60's and 70's no flowers coming from Mexico or Columbia were tested for anything!! We found rocks dirt clumps grasshoppers and all sorts of things in bags!! Lol..Mold for sure too! I am in my 60's and in fine shape for my age! My health is good for my age! Smoked threw Thai sticks..and most of D.J Shorts list including Gold Lumbo and the brick red Lumbo! Very good stuff! My lungs are fine as I have not smoked cigs for more than 25 years now! If any of you smoke cigs..who is testing that?? No one..and they add crazy things to cigs!!! Enjoy! monkey5

monkey5

Veteran
I am not saying flowers should not be tested for say..pesticides! And..maybe things that can/could hurt you!! I have a nice water pipe..glass on glass that I use to cool the smoke! I have not smoked joints in awhile now either! For me quitting cigs was the best move I have made health wise for sure!! I would smoke mold any day over more cigs!!! Lol...Just saying...monkey5

Honestly I don't know. I heard about "phospholoading" and see that the products are still available but sounds like you have to ask for them under the counter at the grow shop. Threads here made it sound like it was kind of a thing of the past - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was widespread in commercial grows and not talked about.
edit: yes indeed it is
Bushmaster: 271ppm Paclobutrazol
Gravity: 516ppm Paclobutrazol
Flower Dragon: 18,400-18,650ppm Daminozide, 30-46.3ppm Paclobutrazol
Phosphoload: 17,800ppm Daminozide, 20.6ppm Paclobutrazol
TopLoad: 3,467ppm Daminozide\
Yea, this whole plant growth retardant crap started with Dutch Master's SuperBud (renamed to Phosphoload once they got caught) years ago...

However, it's sad that General Hydroponics sells a paclobutrazol product over the counter, called BushLoad, in many states, including California, by listing it for ornamental use only on the label! Screw General Hydroponics, what a bunch of jerks:
http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/GenHydroCatalog.pdf

blastfrompast

Veteran
I'll say it seems a few growers I know who used Avid heavily with no resperators are having lung issues..or it might have been the ozone, or any number of other things they did to make a few extra bucks or save a crop.

Even a few internet hero's who now preach organics used to douse their shit in avid a few weeks before chop....makes you wonder sometimes whether we are going to get a nasty disease name..

"Grower's lung" perhaps.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
theres a reason I grow my own..well several..one is no bad stuff...yeehaw .. I don't trust other growers to be honest ...

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
I'll say it seems a few growers I know who used Avid heavily with no resperators are having lung issues..or it might have been the ozone, or any number of other things they did to make a few extra bucks or save a crop.

Even a few internet hero's who now preach organics used to douse their shit in avid a few weeks before chop....makes you wonder sometimes whether we are going to get a nasty disease name..

"Grower's lung" perhaps.
u should never use Avid in flowering stage,only in veg & then spairingly.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
would these products account for a tightness in the chest causing wheezing? by tightness in chest i don't mean like a heart attack (whatever that's like) i mean like having an asthma attack or hyperventilating. where you're sucking air but hardly getting any oxygen.

i've hit buds someone else bought on more than one occasion and while it looked like "top shelf" and smelled good and got you high. after like 1-3 hits my chest would be all tight and it would be hard for me to breathe. everyone would tell me i just can't handle it. but naw. i couldn't smoke anymore because i could barely breathe.

i mostly smoke my own these days. nice and smooth even without a cure and i don't have to worry about any extra shit on it causing me to feel like i just smoked tobacco for the first time straight from a dry bong.

Jhhnn

Veteran
SAM is just a prohibitionist front group, so of course they'll say anything that serves their cause, such as it is. They're fundamentally dishonest, mere purveyors of propaganda. The whole swipe at supposedly GMO cannabis proves the point that they're desperate.

LaFrate misrepresents CBD as the only medicinal compound in cannabis. High CBD cannabis is a specialty product intended for use against seizure disorders. High THC cannabis is intended as an analgesic & mood elevator. There is no evidence that high THC cannabis exacerbates seizure disorders.

its funny bho was around back in the 70s and so was very good quality hash which im sure all of it was over 30% thc,but all of a sudden in 2015 weed is suddenly stonger.thats whack!