What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Senators will introduce a federal medical marijuana bill tomorrow [TUES]

HUGE

Veteran
Cocaine and heroin are schedule 2. Is there any leniency on those? No they are schedule 2 so FDA facilities can bottle it and sell it to you. Is that where you want cannabis to go ?

HUGE

Veteran
The feds lost the war and are now going into absorb us mode . which is checkmate if we Dont wake up.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Doesn't matter how much people scream and cry, the feds are not going to legalize recreational use overnight

A step in the right direction is better than standing still.

To get to the point its available recreationally we first need the universities and government agencies to study it.

To study the plant it needs to be rescheduled, period.

I'll take schedule 2 over 1 all day, at least now it can be studied.

I've been behind the wall, I get it, I'm tired of being paranoid and worried about my futures freedom, but any progress at the fed level is welcome at this point.

And if the wave of state level legalization picks up it just serves to push the feds even harder towards our ultimate goal.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Lol. OK here we go. Schedule 2 means it us now under the pervue of the FDA. All grow oops and dispensary's are instantly out of business due to non compliance with FDA standards. In states were possession of pot is decriminalize end you will now be charged with unlawful possession of a prescription drug. You still won't be able to grow a plant and never will.

Oh, please. The DEA functions under DoJ enforcement guidelines. They're also constrained by congressional action forbidding use of funds against legit suppliers in MMJ states.

It just looks trickier than it is, if that's the way you want to see it.

HUGE

Veteran
Oh, please. The DEA functions under DoJ enforcement guidelines. They're also constrained by congressional action forbidding use of funds against legit suppliers in MMJ states.

It just looks trickier than it is, if that's the way you want to see it.

Yes all correct. What your missing is thatb once it is schedule 2 there is no such thing as a legit supplier in MMj state. Its an FDA regulated drug and they are all non compliant.

mingmen

Lol. OK here we go. Schedule 2 means it us now under the pervue of the FDA. All grow oops and dispensary's are instantly out of business due to non compliance with FDA standards. In states were possession of pot is decriminalize end you will now be charged with unlawful possession of a prescription drug. You still won't be able to grow a plant and never will.

and you think that is a real possibility? lol

HUGE

Veteran
We have dispensaries because pharmacies can't touch it due to schedule 1 status. We have recommendations not prescriptions because its a schedule 1 drug. Once its schedule 2 you will have "prescription " with a daily dose. And it may even be covered by your insurance. You will pick it up at an FDA licensed Pharmacy. It will be just like every other schedule 2 substance. Why would they move it to schedule 2 and treat it different than any other schedule 2 substance?

HUGE

Veteran
The federal penalty for the manufacture, sale or distribution of small amounts of Schedule I and II drugs, for the first offense, is from five to 40 years imprisonment and/or not more than a two million dollar fine for an individual (where death or serious injury occurs, not less than 20 years imprisonment and not more than life imprisonment); for a second offense, not less than 10 years imprisonment and not more than life and/or a fine of not less than four million dollars for an individual (where death or serious injury occurs, not less than life imprisonment).

Penalties are doubled in many cases for the manufacture, sale or distribution of larger amounts of Schedule I and II drugs. The federal penalty for the manufacture, distribution or sale of Schedule III, IV and V drugs of any quantity is: Schedule III Drug: not more than five years imprisonment and/or a $250,000.00 fine for a first offense; penalty is doubled for a second offense. Schedule IV Drug: not more than three years imprisonment and/or a $250,000.00 fine for a first offense; penalty is doubled for a second offense. Schedule V Drug: not more than one year imprisonment and/or a $100,000.00 fine; penalty is doubled for a second offense.

mingmen

We have dispensaries because pharmacies can't touch it due to schedule 1 status. We have recommendations not prescriptions because its a schedule 1 drug. Once its schedule 2 you will have "prescription " with a daily dose. And it may even be covered by your insurance. You will pick it up at an FDA licensed Pharmacy. It will be just like every other schedule 2 substance. Why would they move it to schedule 2 and treat it different than any other schedule 2 substance?

I don't believe that. I think you are making hysterical assumptions.
In fact I don't believe it will affect recreational one bit.
I hope you are wrong but can't see any way realistically that this could happen like you outline.
Let me know when the government weed plantations gear up for production

HUGE

Veteran
Federal law provides separate penalties for the manufacture, sale or distribution of marijuana, hashish, or their derivatives. Penalties vary according to the quantity involved, the existence of a prior offense, and whether death or serious injury results. For a first offense involving small amounts (less than 50 kilograms of marijuana; less than 10 kilograms of hashish), the penalty includes not more than five years imprisonment and/or a $250,000.00 fine for an individual. Penalties are doubled for second offenses. For larger quantities (between 50-100 kilograms marijuana; between 10-100 kilograms hashish), the penalty includes not more than 20 years imprisonment and/or a fine of one million dollars. Penalties are increased for second offenses. Where death or serious injury results, penalties are increased to include not less than 20 years imprisonment and not more than life for a first-time offender; not less than life for a second-time offender.

HUGE

Veteran
I don't believe that. I think you are making hysterical assumptions.
In fact I don't believe it will affect recreational one bit.
I hope you are wrong but can't see any way realistically that this could happen like you outline.
Let me know when the government weed plantations gear up for production

Wake up. You somblinomb. The fed already has a weed plantation.

Latest posts

Latest posts