What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two killed in botched robbery of marijuana grow in California

RetroGrow

Veteran
Thugs posing as DEA agents,attempt to rob grow house.
These guys were way over their numbers, so they may do time for that:

" SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Seven robbers invaded a Central California house used by pot growers and engaged the occupants in a gun battle that killed two of the attackers, while some of their accomplices briefly kidnapped a 15-year-old girl, police said on Friday.

Authorities have arrested three of the suspected robbers from the attack on the home on Thursday in a rural farming community near Fresno, and police said they are investigating whether to bring charges against the marijuana growers.

The robbery illustrates the dangers associated with large-scale marijuana operations, Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims told a news conference. Medical marijuana is allowed in California, but authorities said it was not immediately clear if the house was used to grow pot for that market.

The heavily armed robbers falsely identified themselves as U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents when they came to the house, where two adults and four children lived among about 170 marijuana plants, Mims said.

The robbers kicked in the door and were met by the armed occupants, who engaged in a deadly gun fight with the robbers, police said.

One of the suspected robbers, whose name has not been released, was hit by multiple rounds and police found him wounded at the property, said Fresno County Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Chris Curtice. He later died at a hospital, Curtice said.

The six other robbers fled in two cars, with one group bringing with them a 15-year-old girl they took hostage from the house, police said.

The teenager was dropped off unharmed a short time later in Fresno, and investigators were still looking for the three suspects from that getaway vehicle, police said.

Fresno County sheriff’s deputies followed the robbers' other car to a hospital where they arrested Sergio Eduardo Hernandez, 23, of San Bernardino, and Chi Tsair Tang, 31, of Madera, police said.

The two men were booked on charges of attempted murder, home invasion robbery, kidnapping, evading a police officer and committing a felony while armed, according to the website for the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.

A wounded man was found inside the car with Hernandez and Tang still wearing his ski mask, police said. The man, whose name was not released, was brought into the hospital where he later died.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-killed-bo...-231415768.html;_ylt=AwrBJR8Fb.VT8V4AuX_QtDMD

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Damn we need to legalize! Nice to see it was the robbers got killed, not the growers. Poor kid though. Hopefully the growers get away without any charges. This is some bullshit, I hate hearing any violence linked to Cannabis, it usually hurts our cause, and it is sad because prohibition only makes these style of robberies more common.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Don't think the growers will get off. They were over their numbers, had weapons at the residence, and 4 children. Those children will be the ones to suffer, as child protective services will now take them. Guns + drugs = more time.

Gry

Frankly, I would feel more comfortable in a society where people did not find it acceptable to applaud the death of anyone. I have never yet seen a death I felt positive about, or that I could possibly describe as nice.
What an interesting signature given the content.

Last edited:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
We are raising a generation of vigilantes. The Media foments this, as well as the desensitization that makes it worse. Also, too many guns in our society. Europeans think we are all nuts. With our guns, and our worship of such. My present state is more gun-crazy than almost anywhere on earth. Luckily, outside of the inner-city, the people are mostly reasonable.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im just glad that they got killed for the simple reason that more of these things will happen if its easy for them. Did they think the growers would just laydown and let them take everything? LOL You can tell there just kids with guns. This is why we need guns!
A grower should never be without one.
It should be LAW that you have to have one! A grower without a gun is like an armored car driver without a gun. Theres big money just sittin there for weeks. Atleast the money from a pickup in an armored vehicle is a quick grab and drop.
The $ trees are just sitting there growing, or hanging on a line for good awhile. Thats along time for a greedy pig to come and murder you and take it all.
A responsible person with a gun saves lives! Evil little children with guns take lives.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
They should be fined for being over in numbers but that's all........should, but they will suffer the only bad side effect of marijuana......the law!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'm not surprised this happened near Fresno, that place is awful. My garden is an hour away and you can still feel the tweaker vibes.

Don't think the growers will get off. They were over their numbers, had weapons at the residence, and 4 children. Those children will be the ones to suffer, as child protective services will now take them. Guns + drugs = more time.

i am pretty sure that in california you can have guns if you are medical.

Frankly, I would feel more comfortable in a society where people did not find it acceptable to applaud the death of anyone. I have never yet seen a death I felt positive about, or that I could possibly describe as nice. .
I would rather live in a society free of robbery than a society free of death.

Sforza

Veteran
Frankly, I would feel more comfortable in a society where people did not find it acceptable to applaud the death of anyone. I have never yet seen a death I felt positive about, or that I could possibly describe as nice.

Frankly, while two is a good start, I wish all the robbers had been killed. Fewer robbers in the world ripping off hard working people off is very positive.

:ying:

Last edited:

Sforza

Veteran

You can still get a jury trial in California, can't you?

RetroGrow

Veteran
It's a good thing when the scumbags get killed, which is what they deserved. It's too bad all of them weren't killed. They raided a home filled with children, guns drawn. They kidnapped one child. Do you expect the homeowners to do nothing? They were protecting their lives, and the lives of their kids, although kids should not be in a grow house, especially a large commercial operation. Didn't know you were allowed to have guns in a medical state. Most states, drugs + guns = big problem. All these guys will be caught, and kidnapping is a capitol offense. If they were trying to kill your family, you might be happy if you were able to defend them. More death IS a good thing when it's the bad guys getting dead.

Sforza

Veteran
So more guns and more death is a good thing ? Pathos .

Fewer assholes with guns kicking down doors and attempting to rob people is a good thing.

Having enough guns in the house so that you can fight off an attempted robbery is a good thing.

The phrase pathetic fallacy is a term for the attributing of human emotion and conduct to all aspects within nature. It is a kind of personification when, for example, clouds seem sullen, when leaves dance, or when guns are seen as evil.

RetroGrow

Veteran
You can still get a jury trial in California, can't you?

Yeah, but they will probably plead out. That's how most drug cases turn out. The state will take their kids, and hold that over their heads. They will threaten them with more charges if they don't plead out. That's how the system works. Plead guilty, or get more time/charges. Maybe they could get a sympathetic jury in California, but they were clearly over their numbers and exposed their children to danger.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

personally, I would feel safer in a society where armed invaders never made it to trial, the hospital, or to jail. when you kick in a door waving guns around and pretending to be LEO, you not only greatly increase your odds of getting killed, you put real police officers in an untenable position. I have never seen a death that I felt positive about either, but I suspect that is because I was never there when the right SOB got what he had coming...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yeah, but they will probably plead out. That's how most drug cases turn out. The state will take their kids, and hold that over their heads. They will threaten them with more charges if they don't plead out. That's how the system works. Plead guilty, or get more time/charges. Maybe they could get a sympathetic jury in California, but they were clearly over their numbers and exposed their children to danger.

you are right, BUT...what if there had been NO pot? what if they had gone to the wrong house like LEO does WAY too often? it should not matter, legally, WHY they picked YOUR house to rob. the only point that I would consider (if I was on the jury) is :did they enter the home armed & threaten the residents? I don't care (nor should the law) WHY they tried to rob them, whether for pot, money, flatscreen TV, etc. the invaders are what "exposed the children to danger". if the homeowners had been under the legal numbers & gotten robbed, the press would still have bitched & moaned about how "drugs & guns are ruining our society"...

RetroGrow

Veteran
The point being, you are exposing your children to danger when you have a large grow op in their place of refuge, where they are supposed to be safe. Curious to see how this plays out. I'm guessing that child protective services will not be happy, and will take those children. We shall see.....
Scary thing about this situation is: how can you be sure that phony DEA agents are phony? DEA agents are as thuggish as these thugs.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I dont think it's illegal for california prop215 patients to have kids. And in this particular case , why would CPS take the kids from the victims? For getting robbed? That can happen to anyone.

They shouldnt of have tried robbing the growers and they wouldnt of got killed plain and simple. They could of grown their own.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I'm glad to hear that the family was not harmed... and although I wish our world was a place in which I would never wish death upon a single human being, unfortunately it isn't. There's been people raiding another mans' 'castle' since the beginning of history... even in the animal kingdom, for fucks sake.

When those kids got the bright idea to pose as pigs and ambush this home, they put their own lives at risk. 'Growhouse' or not, anybody that invades your domicile to take something that isn't theirs takes the risk of losing life.

With that being said, it sounds like these folks have a loose ship, and goes as yet another reminder to us all to keep in mind who knows what you do and where you do it.

As for plant count, don't some counties in CA have 99 plant limits per Dr. rec? I don't know which counties specifically, but is it possible these folks were within their numbers?

Regardless, I don't think the homeowners are in as big of shit as it sounds, but I still wish the best for them.

On a rather grim note...

This reminds me of an incident here in the PNW that happened a short while back. To sum it up, a couple dudes tried to ransack a grower's spot. To their dismay, upon breaking and entering into this man's home, they were greeted with bullets, and either one or both of the intruders traded their life/lives for the chance at scoring some free herb.

Dude was over his count, max in WA is 45, can't remember his count, but from what I recall he was clearly over his numbers.

Local and state pigs/DA either dismissed or never brought charges... However, the feds caught wind and he was charged by the DOJ. Being as how we all know cannabis is still illegal as far as the feds are concerned, he was charged with not only growing cannabis, but also for the death(s) of the intruder(s), as well as gun charges... despite the guns being clean and legally possessed.

I'll see if I can find the story, as I may have forgotten or incorrectly recalled some details.

It's a sad, sad state of our world when a man will go to prison for growing plants and protecting his property and well-being.

Gets me fuming to no avail.

Be safe out there, everyone.

Latest posts

Latest posts