What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 Countries Where Cannabis Could Soon Be Legal

RetroGrow

Veteran
It's happening people! Adapt or perish. I, for one, couldn't be happier.
"2013 proved to be a strong year for cannabis-legalization activists. Uruguay became the first country in the world to fully legalize the possession, cultivation, transport, sale, and consumption of marijuana throughout the country after Uruguayan President Jose Mujica’s bill approval. The passing of the cannabis legalization law was met with no major fanfare but with minimal opposition from the international community. Raymond Yans, the chief of the United Nation’s International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), said that the new Uruguayan cannabis-legalization law blatantly goes against a 1961 UN Treaty which outlaws the production and sale of marijuana worldwide. Yans has condemned that Uruguayan government as well as the Uruguayan President for not consulting the INCB prior to approving and ratifying the new law. President Mujica retorted that he didn’t actively avoid any meeting with the INCB – he says the UN board made no attempt to discuss the matter with him.

Yans also came down on the American states Washington and Colorado following the full legalization of cannabis within their state borders: In May 2013 and November 2012, both Colorado and Washington, respectively, fully legalized the closely-monitored statewide production and sale of marijuana. The legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington has raised quite a few eyebrows both nationally and internationally, and prompted many U.S. states to introduce their own cannabis-legalization bills.

Nonetheless, President Mujica has received much praise for the recent national legislation. Mujica’s supporters report that he has been nominated for the Nobel Peace prize, which they’ve been pushing for since 2012. Despite any trouble that may be following President Mujica following the new legislation, many countries are now closely assessing the situation in Uruguay while debating their own legalization proposals. These countries extend all over the globe and have already made some attempts at legalization. Below is a list of the ten countries that may be in line to legalize marijuana next."
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list...ntries-most-likely-to-legalize-cannabis-next/

sodalitas

1a.jpg
I like the fact I've been here for 5 years already...

sprinkl

Veteran
I'm having some problems with the word "legal" here... It doesn't seem to imply you're free to do with it as you want. Following a load of rules and investing and getting licenses etc at a price buys you some freedom, yeah. It should be mandatory, like Bill Hicks said. Cut healthcare costs down 99% while we're at it.

Meanwhile in Europe the corporate owned media is still spinning up bs anti-pot propaganda. Why is that if corps in the USA are about to cash in big time on pot?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I'm having some problems with the word "legal" here... It doesn't seem to imply you're free to do with it as you want. Following a load of rules and investing and getting licenses etc at a price buys you some freedom, yeah. It should be mandatory, like Bill Hicks said.

Legal doesn't mean shit. Alcohol is legal but if you get caught moonshining they will still throw your ass in jail.

"Legal" means you have permission to use or do something so long as you pay the exorbitant taxes, and fees.

Everyone shouting for "legalization" will be very sad when they are priced out of the game and forced to buy over priced mid grades from state sponsored stores.

It will still be "illegal" to dodge cannabis related fees and taxes under a legal system.

Decriminalization is more in tune with what most people want. The government should take a Laissez-faire approach but it will never happen because it is a honey pot of tax dollars and the only reason they are considering any of this is because they are broke as shit.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm having some problems with the word "legal" here... It doesn't seem to imply you're free to do with it as you want. Following a load of rules and investing and getting licenses etc at a price buys you some freedom, yeah. It should be mandatory, like Bill Hicks said. Cut healthcare costs down 99% while we're at it.

Meanwhile in Europe the corporate owned media is still spinning up bs anti-pot propaganda. Why is that if corps in the USA are about to cash in big time on pot?
I have a similar issue to the way this term is used...
Legal simply means there are NO LAWS on the books that limit its use.
REGULATION IS PROHIBITION!!!

Legal doesn't mean shit. Alcohol is legal but if you get caught moonshining they will still throw your ass in jail.

"Legal" means you have permission to use or do something so long as you pay the exorbitant taxes, and fees.

Everyone shouting for "legalization" will be very sad when they are priced out of the game and forced to buy over priced mid grades from state sponsored stores.

It will still be "illegal" to dodge cannabis related fees and taxes under a legal system.

Decriminalization is more in tune with what most people want. The government should take a Laissez-faire approach but it will never happen because it is a honey pot of tax dollars and the only reason they are considering any of this is because they are broke as shit.

Here are a couple definitions extracted from

Black's Law Dictionary said:
legalize, vb. 1. To make lawful; to authorize or justify by legal sanction.
2. To imbue with the spirit of the law.

decriminalization, n. The legislative act or process of legalizing an illegal act.

license, n. 1. A revocable permission to commit some act that would otherwise be unlawful; esp., an agreement (not amounting to a lease or profit a prendre) that will be lawful for the licensee to enter the licensor's land to do some act that would otherwise be illegal, such as hunting. See SERVITUDE
2. The certificate or document evidencing such permission.

I

Inspired333

Say hello to GMO cannabis ya'll.

*Rant On*

Two good or at least "I find agreeable" views.

It's as though people are willing to just take whatever they can get right? The same way people who were/would be outraged, vexed, incensed by the fact that a plant is "illegal" and people are treated like criminals for anything related to it, until the government gives them(we) a license and tells them what to call it (medicine - it's medicine now - call it meds) label your youtube 18 and over, use the correct language and safety protocols...hang these signs, only grow this much, look down on people who don't have the same "license" as you; they're not allowed, and they're bad and criminals. It's sad, and infuriating. People divided, yet again.

Like, that officer in the pic of Colorado(?); he had to be told that it was "ok" now - "it's ok to respect these people as human beings now officer blank", "yes sir". *eye roll*. They just do whatever their told.

What we need is serious shift of thought on all things like this. Specifically for the cannabis thing; we need a "nothing" law. Just nothings. Just f**k off.
I remember when people were begging, begging "please, let us grow a plant government, we'll do anything you want. Please tax us, tax us a lot. etc etc". Well here you go, just wait. Wait for irradiated, genetically empty, garbage, mass produced/manufactured probably pre-rolled 'canna-cigs' brought to you by DuMaurier, or Players light or some new bullshit company that you need a license still and ID to get and are terrible for you and cost a fortune. Cause we kinda asked for it, haven't we :/

:rant::stfu:

We should start and end here: "You cannot make anything naturally occuring (i.e.: nature) illegal in any capacity".

There is a move in the U.S. to make "natural suppliments" illegal. It'll pass if 'they' want it too. People are getting healthy and curing sickness and disease with natural products. Guess who aren't happy with all that that entails...

Peace guys.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
*Rant On*

We should start and end here: "You cannot make anything naturally occuring (i.e.: nature) illegal in any capacity".

Peace guys.
I agree that Cannabis laws should be removed except for in the case of commerce (to help protect the public from poisons for example).

But does what you say include RICIN, cicutoxin from water hemlock, aconite from Monkshood: Aconitum napellus, and too many to name poisons and toxins all from natural plants?
Even plants that are just as nature made them can be deadly in a few minutes just by eating one small seed or bite of the plant.

I an not sure I want to live in a world with no laws against natural plants, there are to many people that want to harm others and or just plain ignorant, I suggest maybe they need to be stopped or hindered? You want your kids buying Belladonna to ingest? How about Death Cap mushrooms Amanita phalloides? Some people need limits even if you do not.
-SamS

Latest posts

Latest posts