What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bobbles Strawberry DD Big Cola Contest

bobblehead

Veteran
I hope itchy doesn't mind me sharing this pic I took of him last weekend while we were out... ;)
A-Man-Dressed-As-Wonder-Woman.jpg

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You jerk I forgot to shave. You know I had been up all night playing lego batman at the convention.

Not to mention I spent all week working on my cosplay.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya'll need at least a 1000 picture minimum rule... :YaRight:

This.... Is going to be epic... Solid!!!

:sumo::respect::sumo:

:lurk:

SRGB

bobblehead:

I cut the first clones on 10/8, and a backup round on 10/10 that still need to be stuck. Game time.

Hi, bobblehead.

What is the media mix in the cups?

The finer substrate beneath the top dressing is viewable through the cups on the left.

Propagation grade (fine) perlite (bottom 4/5) top dressed with 1/4 inch pumice? Or, is the top dressing 1/4 inch perlite?

The top dressing appears to have the structure of pumice, as perlite would perhaps appear as more irregularly shaped, and exude a more pronounced and bright colour.

If you were able to source pumice, you might eventually find the various potential advantages of its versatility as a substrate.

Versatile basin selection, as well.

Best,
/SRGB/

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome Bobble, i'm flattered you still run her :D
She sure does look like her momma in veg, but her buds are roided out!

bobblehead

Veteran
bobblehead:

I cut the first clones on 10/8, and a backup round on 10/10 that still need to be stuck. Game time.

Hi, bobblehead.

What is the media mix in the cups?

The finer substrate beneath the top dressing is viewable through the cups on the left.

Propagation grade (fine) perlite (bottom 4/5) top dressed with 1/4 inch pumice? Or, is the top dressing 1/4 inch perlite?

The top dressing appears to have the structure of pumice, as perlite would perhaps appear as more irregularly shaped, and exude a more pronounced and bright colour.

If you were able to source pumice, you might eventually find the various potential advantages of its versatility as a substrate.

Versatile basin selection, as well.

Best,
/SRGB/

The media is all Grow Rocks, a fired glass product. I didn't use separate grades, but it is possible that the smaller rocks fell to the bottom and the larger ones floated to the top. They do float until they absorb enough water to sink. I figure it should work similarly to perlite, with a longer life. I will try some hydroponic grows with synthetic nutes, and I'm pretty sure I'll be using Grow Rocks as my substrate. Its a nice product.

Awesome Bobble, i'm flattered you still run her :D
She sure does look like her momma in veg, but her buds are roided out!

Thanks Frank... I keep growing bigger and bigger buds, but the quality has been slipping lately... I think I have everything in check this time. Gonna try and get those elephant dick colas as frosty as my previous grows with her.

picture.php

picture.php

IDK but it looks nice... :D
picture.php

Mister_D

Veteran
Just dropping in to let everyone know I didn't forget about this. Just been super busy with outside projects, and now i'm sick as hell. Will be taking my contest clones in the next few days, or as soon as I feel well enough to make the trip :moon:. Fucking flu........... got me for the first time in many many years.

bobblehead

Veteran
Feel better D. Get a flu shot next year buddy... Its only $0-20. Especially at your age... ;)

My cuts have bumps. 3 weeks old... Not too thrilled, but the plants weren't in the best shape when I took cuts.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Feel better D. Get a flu shot next year buddy... Its only $0-20. Especially at your age... ;)

My cuts have bumps. 3 weeks old... Not too thrilled, but the plants weren't in the best shape when I took cuts.

Don't feel bad. I took some other cuts last Sunday (9 days?) and was trying to wean 'em out of the dome. Last batch, also Nightmares, were perky and ready for air after a week. These ones were doing well with the dome cocked/propped up, so I took it off this morning.

(I'm still not sure if I forgot to put it back on, or if I decided today they could have total air freedom.)

Premature, Beavis. I think I might be able to save one, the rest look like bad lettuce. :tumbleweed:

Mister_D

Veteran

I don't believe those do shit. Haven't had one my whole life, and only had the flu maybe 4-5 times max in all my years. On the other hand I know people that get them every year, and guess what....... They get the flu almost every year :moon:. I find it much more effective to eat healthy and exercise to keep your immune system strong :blowbubbles:

A

AlterEgo860

BOBBLE does that first pic in ur last pic post... have nanners?

Mister_D

Veteran
BOBBLE does that first pic in ur last pic post... have nanners?

:yeahthats

And just an update, I'll finally be taking my clones for this project tomorrow :woohoo:. Having the flu really exasperated my existing condition, as a result progress has been slow over at D's farm. I'm back to feeling somewhat worth a shit, so the show must go on. Got the racks all filled with chemmy jones yesterday (new thread forthcoming :biggrin:). The clone area is open again, and the Strawberry DD momma has gotten huge. Time to kick this motherfucker off right!...... and show bobble how she's supposed to grow :nanana:

bobblehead

Veteran
Are those nanners? Lol. Idk what else they would be. :D

I've never grown straw dd and not had nanners at the end. She's light sensitive, so i'd make sure your room is dark or you're gonna have some reversing issues.

My clones are rooted, but I'm gonna take fresh cuts and start over after I veg these clones a bit. That should have them ready in time for the next crop in the big room.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
A little late to the party, but I still have the cut, and will try to fit her in soon.
The nanners may be a result of the Diesel genetics. ECSD for example will throw non viable nanners, and if not, she is not legit.

Latest posts

Latest posts