What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11 arrested in raid on Oakland pot warehouse

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
The reason you have guns in places like that, is because the cops will only be there to clean up the bodies after you get robbed/killed. I doubt he was concerned about being robbed by his workers, but I'm sure it helped keep any of them from getting greedy. Even if they told their friends where they worked, I'm sure they mentioned that he had the guns and security to defend it. The only ones who could have taken this place down were the cops. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out, especially how they were tipped off about this spot.

There are plenty of 50 and 100 light setups in this area. It's crazy to be in an area where 10 and 20 light ops are small.

For the record just because you have friends who are in gangs, doesn't mean you're involved or working with a gang. Being friends or family with a cop doesn't mean you're affiliated with them. My cousins husband is in the DEA. It's not like I'm in the DEA. You can't choose your family.

Plenty of people don't like Oakland. I love it. I could never live in Pacifica, Half moon bay, Capitola, Santa Cruz. Too many white people...no disrespect.

My car has been broken into. I've not been robbed...yet. Still it wouldn't make me move. The only reason I would move, would be if I couldn't afford to live in one of the nicer areas. I've lived in the flats before, and there are gangs. If you don't mess with them, they tend to leave you alone. They're fighting for control of the corners and the neighborhoods. Act like you belong, and they'll leave you alone.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plenty of people don't like Oakland. I love it. I could never live in Pacifica, Half moon bay, Capitola, Santa Cruz. Too many white people...no disrespect.

You obviously have not been to Santa Cruz or Capitola recently .....or are blind.

The reason you have guns in places like that, is because the cops will only be there to clean up the bodies after you get robbed/killed. I doubt he was concerned about being robbed by his workers, but I'm sure it helped keep any of them from getting greedy. Even if they told their friends where they worked, I'm sure they mentioned that he had the guns and security to defend it. The only ones who could have taken this place down were the cops. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out, especially how they were tipped off about this spot.

There are plenty of 50 and 100 light setups in this area. It's crazy to be in an area where 10 and 20 light ops are small.

For the record just because you have friends who are in gangs, doesn't mean you're involved or working with a gang. Being friends or family with a cop doesn't mean you're affiliated with them. My cousins husband is in the DEA. It's not like I'm in the DEA. You can't choose your family.

My car has been broken into. I've not been robbed...yet. Still it wouldn't make me move. The only reason I would move, would be if I couldn't afford to live in one of the nicer areas. I've lived in the flats before, and there are gangs. If you don't mess with them, they tend to leave you alone. They're fighting for control of the corners and the neighborhoods. Act like you belong, and they'll leave you alone.

And if I said I couldn't live too many black people guess what they'd be calling me.
As for your advice on how to survive in the flats, it's spot on.
I'm down in the flats @ High & International & lots of homeless, drug addicts & day laborers. It's funny you see Mexicans hanging out on the street corners & they're looking for work. Whites & blacks are
not so much, lol.
When my business failed a couple of years ago I was forced into retirement & we wound up here in our rental. Better that than pay someone else.
Growing up in Sanfrancisco in the 50's & being a flower child in the 60's got me used to cultural diversity but the streets are a lot meaner than they were then. Far too many folks think the government owes them a living.

Agree that the key to living in Oakland is stay above 580. They're some really nice areas over here. My mothers uncle was a developer over here & spent his career building most of these Craftsman homes in Oakland.

Megayeilds,
Hell you should have seen Santa Cruz or Capitola in the late 60's, wonderful.
Cheers All,:biggrin:
bruce

pugnacious

Your tossing the race cardin there just queers your whole arguement.
I've lived in Oakland a year & a half, 2 attempted burglaries, car took a bullet in a drive by & the with wife was robbed at gunpoint by three young punks.
30 years in Pacifica across the bay and not one single incident.
So spare me your remarks and check FBI stats & stop believing everything Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson say, their both liars & nothing but race pimps.
Cheers

What race card?

10,000 gang members was a known lie by Oakland gang taskforce to get more funding. This lie was spread out in 2009 after the Oakland: Gang war documentary.

FBI stats? I've checked numerous surveys and statistics and Oakland is no where near MURDER capital.

This shit has nothing to do with those douches Sharpton and Jackson. If you really knew youre shit then you would know that most of the gun crimes in oakland are done by nortenos and border brothers. I know to someone like you dark people might look all the same but theres a difference between hispanic and blacks. :laughing:

Like I said.. You are talking out of your ass. Check your facts before you state bullshit. and btw, Im not black.