What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blockhead overview

S

seedee

heres a sample of what your in for at 35 days flower

heres a sample of what your in for at 35 days flower

picture.php

maybe 40 in this pic i forget

the gnome

Veteran
very nice seedee, love your *cola delite*
mine was topped but its still going towards a big long single cola like yours.

never done a sog before, but I'm thinking on doing my 1st true SOG
using my BH if she's a keeper in the potentcy dept.

Last edited:

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Those are some beautiful Blockhead IBLs guys :). Won't be too long til I get to pop some of mine, hope they look half as nice as these early on in flower. Ya'll keep rockin it out with those. Take care 1

the gnome

Veteran
Those are some beautiful Blockhead IBLs guys :). Won't be too long til I get to pop some of mine, hope they look half as nice as these early on in flower. Ya'll keep rockin it out with those. Take care 1

yeah man KCS... :)
get those seeds going... you won't be disappointed :dance013:

Adrift

Veteran
picture.php

^blockhead day 35 :joint:

reallly reallly reallllly happy i bought a pack of these!!!

cant wait to try more of your genetics!

Adrift

Veteran
also, i was just curious, i realized the ultra sonja has cheese in it, and isnt this related to the sonja??? so my real question is, what is blockhead really, CheeseXtangtang??? thanks :)

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Adrift, let me see if I can help a little. The Blockhead IBL is the result of Steele Savage working the BH stock he had over several years of selection. The Blockhead strain itself is a SOL creation from Breeder Steve. Its genetic makeup is this Blockhead = P19 x Swt #2. The IBL version of BH has been worked by SS towards the mother's side (P19) for her racy aggressive sativa qualities (treble frequency). Hope that helps out. Take care 1

Adrift

Veteran
i just googled p19 and found out some great info about it!!! i dont wanna misinform anyone though, but google it gnome, sounds fantastic!!!

the gnome

Veteran
lots of neat info adrift, thanks for the heads up.
I'm excited as sh*t about what Ive been reading

found this to be intresting

One of the parents of Blockhead is indeed P 19.It came from a guy called Seuss in Oregon.Suess once told me when looking for the best P 19 pheno to look for the plant with the 2 smallest leafs near the leaf stem to point upward.He claims this trait was only found in the best P 19 like phenos.Good luck.I would like to find something simlar to P 19 again.Excellent smoke.

more.......
Hello KG2, I hope this post finds you well.....

I am 3 weeks into flower with the 5 blockhead girls I got from 13 beaners. It is quite apparent to me by visual examination which plants are p 19 dom and which are not.

I got 3 phenos, one short stout indica, which didnt stretch much when flowering was initiated. this pheno does not show the upturned leaflets as is described above. the stems on this pheno are very very thick, im hoping they can support themselves all the way thru to harvest (doubtful, im dialed in).

The next pheno I found was a taller indica dom. This plant did not respond well to topping. the side branches didnt stretch to my liking, in fact they are still short. I have trimmed up the plants underside to correspond with hid penetration of the canopy, and the plant loks absolutely butchered. Im sure this plant would do very well in sog.

The last pheno I got was a sat dom. I have 2 of these girls. They doubled in size when flowering was initiated. Both show the upturned leaflets at the leaf stem. They are absolute monsters, having been flowered at around 30 inches, and have a huge frame, they look as if they could support loads of huge colas.

I have taken cuts from all these girls and will hold copies in reserve until the smoke test, then will pick 1-2 mothers to hold over if this strain makes the cut. I am finding that this strain is very quick to begin bud formation, and likes a good amount of nutes. I have run them up to 1400 tds and havent seen any burn. I have since backed off to 1200, which is about as high as I like to go, as this weed goes to med patients.

this is from canabis world and they have pics of the small upturned leaves but you have to rgeister to see them.

it was also said:

.P19 did have some hermie issues that no one seems to bring up. Peace GS

"Out of the 500 P19 seeds used in the cross 499 were hermi.The one that was not became one half of Blockhead." ...Breeder Steve.

You should find it in the F2's.Or in the F1's if you started enough seeds
The P19 I had hermied badly. Thats why I let it go.Fingers crossed. Peace GS

lots and lots to read about P19.....

Last edited:

the gnome

Veteran
.Suess once told me when looking for the best P 19 pheno to look for the plant with the 2 smallest leafs near the leaf stem to point upward.He claims this trait was only found in the best P 19 like phenos

looks like I may have a P19 pheno that suess put in the best category.
I checked my BH, and I have those leafs that do that.
just this afternoon I clipped off nearly all the fans but I found several still on the plants and in several leaves clipped
off this afternoon

this is what they look like, pic is bad but you can see the smallest leaves next to the stem that stick up like devils horns.
other plants do this also but don't stick up near as much as this and others i see on the plant

Attachments

• BH IBL P19 004.jpg
    BH IBL P19 004.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey the gnome, looks like I was a little late in getting back to you. Hope you are now as excited as I was when I learned about the P19 mom of Blockhead. I still my hit you up in a PM alway enjoy a good chat ;). Take care 1

the gnome

Veteran
hey KCS... after reading for an hour or so on the P19 I'm pretty stoked about the
possibilty I may have one, as always i look foward to your PMs my friend :)

opus53,
I have a thread on my BH lady in the GH forums, "Grindhouse Double Hitter"
check it out, I have recent pics and updates

G

Guest 88950

great info

my male BH IBL was p19 leaning as was my 2 UltraSonja males. my lone BH female was more indica, not much stretch, thicker stems.

i have some more bh to germ so im hoping for a few p19 leaning females.

V

Veg N Out

I started 50 blockhead seeds , 45 came up, out of these 36 look good enough to go forward with... I have a HUGE population of plants that started out as mutant seedlings and then grew in to normal looking ganj plants...Is this normal with the Blockhead IBL line?

S

seedee

i would have to say yes , any IBL will always put out mutants some will stay mutants some will grow out . inbreeding be it plants or animals has always shown deformation in the genes. luckily in plants they have the ability to correct themselves. so out of your mutant population how many stayed mutants and how many are back to normal.i myself started a pack of 12 and came out with 4 mutants all but one ended up correcting themselves. and the one that stayed mutant ended up producing the most incredible amount of trick . and produced a very nice harvest. Steele has himself found some incredibly traits in a fully mutant plant .he has said not to get rid of em because you may just find something that would impress anyone.

V

Veg N Out

All of them grew in to normal ganja plants...however the ones that started out mutated are not as robust in growth or size yet as the ones that did not have to "normalize" .. I was planning on flowering this lot of seeds out along with the OG x Alien Kush and DOG x C99 I have going now but due to the high % of plants that clearly need more vegetative growth before I will be able to truly check them, I held them back and will sex them out, reverse the males, and select accordingly for parent plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts