What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

E

edisonzmedicine

I was gifted some pure Sativa seed from Luzon in the Philippines. They appear to be very similar to some of the Mexican landraces. I tried growing it indoors last winter to no avail. I'm saving the last seeds to grow in Cali for breeding. I don't plan on loosing this line. Has a lemon lime mango fragrance. Maybe I can take a trip next season without getting kidnapped or shot!

Luzon Lady.jpg

Luzon LadyII.jpg

Luzon LadyIII.jpg

M

michael68

what a beautiful thread and strains.

so what exactly is the history behind most mexican strains? i know each unique but around what time period did cannabis arrive in mexico and from where? india? :dance013:

what a beautiful thread and strains.

so what exactly is the history behind most mexican strains? i know each unique but around what time period did cannabis arrive in mexico and from where? india? :dance013:

my guess is africa.. but you are right some do have very similar traits to the s.indians... i bet ultimately its a little bit of everything

sinaloa

Veteran
exactamente no se sabe el origen de la mota mexicana
de varias partes me imagino las primeras lineas conosidas en la sierra de sinaloa eran tipo thais de mucho crecimiento y hojas finas.

saludos,

greetings,

Last edited:

sinaloa

Veteran
just do not know the origin of the Mexican pot
I imagine in several parts conosidas the front lines in the mountains of Sinaloa Thais were kind of high growth and thin leaves.

greetings,

E

edisonzmedicine

I read a book that had a few chapters about a group of people traveling to the Americas in eight ships. This was during the time mentioned in the old testament when the people were building the tower of Babel; maybe thousands of years BC? These people went to war with one another and eventually killed off their own civilization. The book focuses more intently on another smaller group of people that fled Jerusalem about 600 BC; they wandered in the wilderness for years before building a ship. They traveled for 364 days before arriving somewhere close to the narrow strip of land separating the two American continents.

The Pilgrims brought with them among other things, seed to plant. It seems logical to me that the ancient peoples that inherited the Americas also brought with them seed to plant. I can imagine a year long sea voyage, and layovers at the many ports of call where goods could be traded. There were two brothers mentioned in the book that were the rebellious type; I can envision these two guys looking for genetics at every stop. This is only a hypothesis of how Mexico might have acquired her landraces. Anyone else have some ideas? Chime in!

E

elmanito

my guess is africa.. but you are right some do have very similar traits to the s.indians... i bet ultimately its a little bit of everything

Probably from South- and North-India & Nepal.African strains are also originally from that area in the Himalaya's.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

garruman

Spain has a large history with Canna, Colón had Clothes of Canna, and the sails of ships and the strings were of hemp
I don't know if before Vikings or before, brought seeds, but Spanish genocide carry with him a lot of Hemp seeds

In my name of a Spanish people, Sorry for 500 years of masacre Genocida

Colón se podria haber quedado en Cannarias :tiphat:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i have a lowland oaxaca plant thats what i gathered about it from looking through the RUST thread.
picture.php

spidermites love it. 23 weeks from seed, doesn't flower unless you flip to 13 hours dark, or wait for 6 weeks of 12/12. got clones in flower now just started flowering put em on 12/12 beginning of august, vegged for 6 weeks before that.

as for the origins of mexican weed, i would assume it got there the same way weed got everywhere. god put it there.

sinaloa

Veteran
Hi I write a text book in the history of marijuana in the americas

In 1545 hemp was introduced in America. Chile enters and spreads rapidly throughout the continent. In 1619 he was declared the first law on marijuana in America, the colony of Jamestown, Virginia, ordering all farmers to grow hemp seeds. To encourage farmers to plant more, hemp was legal tender in most of the British American colonies from 1631 until early 1800. In 1740, hemp is the main commodities produced by Russia, which is almost all absorbed by Britain for its naval fleet. In 1750, Benjamin Franklin set in motion one of the first production of hemp paper, which allows the colony to have an independent press of the metropolis. In 1776 the American Declaration of Independence is written on hemp paper. In 1791 President Whashington seeks to encourage domestic industry growing hemp on their plantations. Jefferson refers to cannabis as a need to cultivate and encourage instead of snuff.

grettings,

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Sir...

Hello Sir...

I am flowering a lady who i made for 3 generations out of kalimist genetics....and I want to ask you if she is similar to your plant below. I know a little about mexican sativas, and tried to model her after my imagination. She has red stripes on calyxes when finished flowering....and red stem. High potency, low yield from the ropey buds, but the plant grows with no branches and finishes with no branches. Aroma is like fine gasoline and tree sap.

Bout to pollenate the whole plant with mexico oaxacan derivative.

photos of the oaxaca 1979, its seeds from a single clon keept
in canada, and given by charlie garcia of the cannabiogen
enjoy it!!!

oaxa79lilbuds03.jpg
[/IMG]

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Sweet I will bet with all those seeds there will be some real hidden treasures still waiting to be found and unlocked !! Oh yeah that should be FUN!!!! lol good luck and much fun bro....peace out Headband707

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm making Niagara x Flo and Kalimist x Flo...and I think the niagara maybe I should share pics here tomorrow cause she is getting fatter than Fat Momma...and fast fast fast....a 75%sativa that flowers in 10 weeks...probably get 5 oz off a five foot beast in a 5 gallon pot.

i recently took a trip down to guerrero and have returned with some seeds. right now i have way too many plants growing and more coming (michoacan x chihuahua and lambsbread) that take priority...probably won't get around to growing these to next year some time...since im impatient, i would like to find a few testers to grow some out AND START A THREAD....let's say the first 3 posters below will be gifted the seeds...

now about the seeds...

they come from a ranch about 30min south of taxco... a silver town in guerrero.. they have skinnier leaves but not as skinny as thais or some of the oaxacans posted here..they seem to be very stable with mostly all plants similiar structure.. tall main branch with smaller side branches,,, i smoked some of the dried weed and it was a super mellow smoke kinda like taking a valium but not sleepy at all...i wouldn't say trippy but for sure got you thinking about life and whatnot...very good.... farmer said they cut late october but some some don't get cut till early november...i don't know if that is because of a differance of the actual time needed to ripen or because the field of pot was atleast a hectare and it just took a few weeks from start to finish....

no pics of the plants because to be honest i didn't feel comfortable busting out a camera.. although the hospitality of the family were worldclass..

so anyway the first 3 posters who want seeds will be gifted these.....and to all the people who have helped me out (you know who you are) ofcourse you are always welcome to what i have...

Latest posts

Latest posts