What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats wrong with my plants. both in coco and soil.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
whats wrong with my plants. both in coco and soil.
been watering the soil plants with 5.7 phed water.
been watering the coco plants wit 6.2 phed water.

been feeding them evert 3ed-4th watering with veg ferts.
group shot.

female in soil.

coco plant.

soil plant.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The PH for your soil plants needs to be near 6.8 to 7.0
I run coco at 5.8 and don't have any nutrient issues as long as I don't allow salts to build up with regular flushing.

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
yeah you kind off got that Bass Ackwards, your coco should be the lower one (up the PH in the soil grow and they should look a lot better) How long ago did the problems arise and how long ago did you trim off those leaves?

GroHi

Would agree that the soil is pH issue, though the coir is just fine at 6.2, so...

Essentially, you can't treat coir like a soil grow, not really. It needs nutes fed to it each time you water, not every 3rd or 4th attempt... you are starving them in coir this route. Ca & K will be your biggest problems this route, though expect more.

You need to treat the coir as a hydro medium... it is it's own unique beast however. Peace brother.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
They look hungry to me too... How's the lighting? Strong enough?

I think so. there is 3 cfl lights and 1 2 foot floro light. the light r around 3 4 inches above them.

and there is a fan in the cab also.

so I should be feeding the plants in coco ferts every watering. really?
and my ferts is pure blend pro 3-2-4 veg. it says it can be used with soil hydro and coco.

and is there any other info I can give. I for got how old they R. but its gotta be around 2-3 monthe old maybe a lil less.

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I wouldn't feed them every watering, and the coco PH is fine I was just saying that the soil should be much higher. GroHi is right, it does need to be treated like hydro since it is PH and Nute neutral, and they can stand a lot more water than soil without over-watering. (I have actually used it in a system i setup up with the coco in kind of a bubbleponic system with a top drip, and it worked fine with the constant flow of water, they were AF's)