What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Prophet overview

G

guest3854

Spackle , good to have ya with us. Here's a brief description of Tang tang . The line was found within our Sonja BX1 generation.

"Tha Tang Tang , coming from our Sonja line , is mostly sativa . Tha TT grows with exagerated node architecture , allowing fer plenty of light and air penetration . They often throw huge fox tailing colas , and though appear light , are quite hard and dense . They sport golden , tall standing trichs , complete with herbal aromas and super high quality head . A large percentage will turn color going from lush green/forest green to maroon , stripping tha calyx’ and covering tha undersides of leaves ."

Steele

ridgedogs

Steele, great work. I was wondering if The Prophet is prone to powdery mildew. I was growing some Bubba Kush called the u2 cut and it was just a mess everytime with pm while the rest of the room was fine.
Also how does this compare with Mob Boss for indoor sog yields? Still dreaming of getting the blue sonja...

G

guest3854

Ridge, sorry bout neglecting yer ?'s ..... Ahhh, Prophet can PM up, but keeping yer environment in line is key. Plenty of air exchange, bud ! Regarding SOG fer MB, I would say nay, however, if triggered properly, I'm sure you can do REAL niiice, lol.

Stay healthy folks, you only git one chance .....
Steele

G

guest3854

Ridge, sorry bout neglecting yer ?'s ..... Ahhh, Prophet can PM up, but keeping yer environment in line is key. Plenty of air exchange, bud ! Regarding SOG fer MB, I would say nay, however, if triggered properly, I'm sure you can do REAL niiice, lol.

Stay healthy folks, you only git one chance .....
Steele

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Prophet: 8 week cure.

Prophet: 8 week cure.

This was definitely a Bubba leaning pheno! Here are some pics, while a put together my smoke report. This is my favorite, of what Grindhouse has to offer, and I've got most of their gear.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have no idea what that red thing is...
picture.php

Smoke report:

Strain: Prophet (Pre 98 Bubba Kush x Tang Tang)

Breeder: Grindhouse Medical Seeds

Appearence: Rock hard buds, coated in crystals, true bubba kush structure, with shades of purple. (10/10)

Smell: KUSH with hints of fruit/berry. Hashy undertones. (9/10)

Taste: Fairly spicy, thick smoke. Fruity exhale. Smooth, but powerful.(10/10)

High:Ass whipping. This is weed for the pros out there. Do not smoke this with your buddy, who occasionally smoke. Cause he will freak the fuck out. This is my favorite strain so far. That is saying quite a bit. Good job GMS. (10/10)

Overall: This was a strong Pre-98 leaning pheno. I have Pre-98 Bubba, and this is almost the same. The Tang Tang adds the needed amount of sativa, to really add some bud mass. The only problem I have with Bubba is the yield, this cross is the answer to that problem. I am a big fan of this cross, as it is my favorite of what Grindhouse has to offer. Prophet will be a staple of my garden for awhile. It is a benchmark. (9.5/10)

Last edited:

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Yup...

Sonja is a energetic high, where as this has Pre 98 in it, and it gets me in the kitchen making a sandwich every time! Really STONEY.

schizobot

im very very interested in pickin up a pack of these ,,, would love a smoke report !!
those buds r lookin off the charts the m8... 8 week cure mmm.... good luck with tht stash

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Smoke report:

Strain: Prophet (Pre 98 Bubba Kush x Tang Tang)

Breeder: Grindhouse Medical Seeds

Appearence: Rock hard buds, coated in crystals, true bubba kush structure, with shades of purple. (10/10)

Smell: KUSH with hints of fruit/berry. Hashy undertones. (9/10)

Taste: Fairly spicy, thick smoke. Fruity exhale. Smooth, but powerful.(10/10)

High:Ass whipping. This is weed for the pros out there. Do not smoke this with your buddy, who occasionally smoke. Cause he will freak the fuck out. This is my favorite strain so far. That is saying quite a bit. Good job GMS. (10/10)

Overall: This was a strong Pre-98 leaning pheno. I have Pre-98 Bubba, and this is almost the same. The Tang Tang adds the needed amount of sativa, to really add some bud mass. The only problem I have with Bubba is the yield, this cross is the answer to that problem. I am a big fan of this cross, as it is my favorite of what Grindhouse has to offer. Prophet will be a staple of my garden for awhile. It is a benchmark. (9.5/10)

Prophet doin it's thang.
picture.php

Last edited:

onelung09

just ordered a pack of these im hopping for a crazy leaning bubba lady. are these pretty uniform or is their a range of phenos? if these are as good as they seem well im putting a hit out on the boss next wish me luck.

G

guest3854

One Lung, I always recommend popping tha whole pack, grow and smoke 'em then make yer final determination. Try not to base yield as yer keeper criteria, mother seed plants have a completely different architecture compared to clone counterparts.

Bobby, again, stoked yer lovin' The Prophet, nice work......

Enjoy,
Steele

Z

Ziggaro

Whats the odor like during flower for these babies?

I can't have anything too LOUD here we're in a complex, but I'd like to order these if its manageable

Anybody?

onelung09

yes sir thanks steele due to space i can only pop 4 but will def keep the best smoke, yeild is of no concern im just looking for some bubba leaning smoke will take clones from all the mamas. run thru them all selecting the right fit for me and keep the fav.do these do well for scrog runs ? thanks fellas dont know what id do with out yall these forums are priceless

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hi Steele (and/or others)...I was wondering whether the 80 days estimation is relatively spot on. I realize that this is entirely inexact and dependent upon a number of variables (including genetics, conditions and personal preference) but I have also found that some breeders come much closer to nailing the flowering time than others who are - um - optimistic. I will be growing indoors under a 400 watt light. The reason I ask is I'm trying to determine whether I will grow this with another strain - if so, I would like to match 'em with one that will finish in roughly the same time period. Thanks. I am very excited about including this strain in my next alchemical adventure.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
That the bud it self is heavy, not light or fluffy. And maybe that there is a "heavy" yielder somewhere is those packs. Seen a pheno in here, that looked phat for a Bubba-hybrid, with long tight thick buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts