What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Greenhouse Lamp Fixture Technology?

OregonGirl

Hello Community,
Just trying to see what kind of lamp fixtures people are using and loving... Need to purchase 36 1000w fixtures for light dep/assist in a 30 x 76' Greenhouse was going to go with Gavita DE 1000e, and associated controller but was just checking to see if anyone had any leads on the latest newest best thing out there? I've been so busy on my build out I haven't paid much attention to new tech in the last year or so... any tips would be appreciated...
Thank you!
Robin:):thank you:

amanda88

Gavita DE 1000e's vs the LED ...Tho I have a Gravita I conced the running costs are high, one is expected to replace the inner shield often(1x time per year) as its impossible to clean, like tissue paper ..crumples up,

LED is here: and very much worth pursuing ...but still new-ish and very much worth investigating

California Lightworks SolarStorm 880w Full Cycle LED Grow Light CLW Solar Storm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/California-...569806?hash=item2363674d8e:g:HBIAAOSwB4NWyp~x

is what I wish I got ...lol
cheers

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
trying to purchase 36 good led setups would break the bank for most.....yeehaw..hell it would cost more than the greenhouse in some cases lol

Muleskinner

Veteran
personally I would go with P.L. Light all the way. I've got the Gavita 600w HPS and the P.L. Light HSE 600w HPS and the P.L. Light is way nicer. Just better build quality, it's like something you want to display in your living room it's so nice. The Gavita's only advantage is that it runs on 120v and 240v, PL products only run on 240v. check out the 1000w NXT2 fixture - I was hanging out with the sales guys from this company at a recent convention - really nice people, I was lusting after the 1000w light, a little too much for my 4x4 tent:

http://urban-gro.com/grow-light-solutions/cannabis-lighting-products/

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Which lamps did you go with? Does anyone know if the PL reflector needs to be replaced, or how much the cost is to replace the reflector on the gavitas?

I really like the LEC's, but I just don't think they're what you need with a gh considering their ability to penetrate is not as high as the DE's. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from them indoors though.

CrushnYuba

Hey does anyone know what the best lights for lower height greenhouses are? I'm redoing my 12x36 veg greenhouse. Is 7.5ft tall. Always used just cfls in it but I want some HID to push growth on overcast days and in dead of winter. DE hps like 1000w gavitas I don't have the headroom for. Most indoor reflectors block to much natural light. Most greenhouse reflectors I feel need to be mounted higher to get the spread I need.
I am off grid and only have so much power from my small diesel generator. I need 1000w to cover a 10x10 and if it's blocking light, it's counter productive.

CrushnYuba

I care little to nothing about spectrum. I get my spectrum from the sun. I'm looking to straight up increase my DLI. I think lec is overpriced for greenhouse supplemental light.
I need a reflector that can throw regular hps or maybe 600w de light as wide as possible with limited height while having a small footprint to not block Sun. That's what I'm really liking for. The right reflector. Not led or lec.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Last edited:

CrushnYuba

those do look rad.. They are a bit pricey and i would have to run them at 600w to not burn everything with my height. Also, i am a bit worried about de. Everyone says you can't run fans/air directly over them. In my low greenhouse the fans basically would be over them. Also with the heat they put off, how close do you think I can get them to my plastic without air passing over them?
DE is not ruled out but I really want to find a good single ended reflector that spreads light with low circling height and doesn't block sun much.