What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.S. Government Start Charging Tax For Collecting Rain Water

OneStonedPony

Taxes = the drug the government can't wean itself off of. Carbon taxes, rainwater collection taxes, what's next, oxygen intake taxes for those they enjoy breathing ?

corky1968

Veteran
I can see the Governments scheming already.

They'll figure out how much of water fell per sq.ft of land and send you the taxes accordingly for any land you own in a few years.

They can shove it up their ass - and the people of Ohio need to tell them that!

However, they won't do or say anything because they are robots. Seriously, 90% of Americans are pussified and totally obedient tax-slaves. They walk around mindlessly, parroting things like "We're free" and "We have freedom" and "Best country in the World!" without a single fucking idea of what they're even talking about or why.

LOL, sounds like some local Ohio pissants, not the "U.S. Government".

But...local government politics are the breeding ground for federal stupidity.

Our county and state-level pols are truly amazing in their venality.

K

KapnobataiZ

They just want to let ya' know who's the boss,You think they dont know this will pissoff every human on the planet ?Shure they do!

GoatCheese

Veteran
What the phuck is this World coming to when rain collection is taxable?

I imagine busted guerrilla growers will now be hit with tax evasion for stealing water from water aquifers as well.

U.S. Government Start Charging Tax For Collecting Rain Water

I'm so glad I don't live in the US of A.

They have been saying for few years now "water is the new oil"

News article from July, 2010

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water
http://www.naturalnews.com/029286_rainwater_collection_water.html

World Bank and IMF have been lobbying for the privatization of water for years

phazer

it was illegal to collect rainwater in CO just like a month ago. that has been changed so having to pay tax on it now wouldnt be surprising sadly, but what horse shit, nothings free and we own nothing.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taxes = the drug the government can't wean itself off of. Carbon taxes, rainwater collection taxes, what's next, oxygen intake taxes for those they enjoy breathing ?

Maybe were not as far from the "Total Recall" planet we were shown several years ago.

Gry

When I was a kid we used to have these things called good corporate citizens that once paid taxes.
Propaganda works.

If you look in the news many affluent people are getting outta dodge and expatriating becuase of taxes! and now they are trying to make it more difficult to expatriate. One of the most notable I remember recently was one of the creators of Facebook, Eduardo Saverin, he had a couple billions coming before Facebook went public so he fucked off to Singapore and disvowed his U.S citizenship.

igrowone

Veteran
this might be new in Ohio, but not in the western states
many with limited water, and water rights separate from property rights, have played hardball for years on collecting water

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
If human shit were to become valuable governments would see to it that poor people would be born without assholes.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
We already pay it here on the water bill. Exactly as it is being discussed here, calculated to the area of the land each person holds (but just for the proprieties that are racorded to a water service). And we also pay the sewer tax for each liter of water we use out the main water pipe.

So yeah, most probably, a tax on the air we breathe isn't that far away.

Green Squall

My question is how would they even know if someone is collecting rain water in the first place? It's not like they can just walk onto your property and check for rain barrels attached to your gutters.

Latest posts

Latest posts