What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What has happened

Does anyone use an airstone to germinate theirs? I swear this is the best way. It puts oxygen into the water so the seeds dont suffocate.

Last edited:
I too put mine in tiny soil cups in a small incubator w/ a few heatless and tiny white LED bulbs along the top of container with lid. I keep it in a warm area. I got my little germinating box at Nirvana. It works great.I can also put a heating pad under it on low and that seems to help too. I save the tiny grow cups and replace with regular potting soil. All have popped up so far!

Take a wet paper towels throw your seeds on it and fold it in half stick em in a ziplock baggie and drop em on tha t5.. 24-48 hrs you have germinated seeds..there's no magic ta tha making just do it...and bloke posted above get REAL seeds..hell get feminized seeds..but dnt get auto..I'd say that's 90% your issue.might I suggest archive seeds 99% germ rate with there fire genetics..

TheMoon

Hi there.

I suppose i thought rather than let this thread die, id pick up on where i left off.

After rendering my seeds worthless when i popped them with an out of frustration squeeze i planted them anyway and to my amazement they have forgiven me. its now been 25 days and two out of 4 seeds that i thought i killed are blitzing it. just wish i knew what strain was what. I know one is an Auto anesthesia the other could be White widow / Anubis or the free critical +

If have managed to upload here is the two

DSC_0045.jpg

As an experiment. As i really intended to put any further plants i grow outside i found an excellent south facing location a few miles from home . And as a decoy i ordered some KC brain photo-period regulars and started them off using methods learned the old way. paper and towel. with a quick soak in tumblers. it was 5 seeds for £4.95 they all popped and are now 13 days from seed.

Because i live in northern Scotland i felt that a poly-tunnel outdoors would be the only way id have successful results. i know its not practical because of being potentially seen from above. I am worried about the jets from nearby RAF lossiemouth managing to spot the glimmering shine from the plastic used to protect my plants from heavy rainfall and other things. So far the outdoor greenhouse hasn't been detected.

DSC_8894 (1).jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

An because i could be greedy which i believe i used to be i have just ordered 2 seeds and got one free. I didn't think id be ordering any more pyramid seeds. im just hoping the ones i had didn't germ because of my gash thought process. So i went for an Auto new york & Auto super hash followed by a delicious Dark purple freebie thanks herbies. they are sitting drowning in the tumblers i soaked them in. so after this post i will need to get them saturated in between kitchen roll asap for their germination to take place.

I've now somewhat became an alcoholic. drinking every night for some sort of intoxication and i hate it. dreaming about smoking weed most nights or that i had just bought some kush. wakening up to realise it was just a dream. i really miss my beloved medication. its the only thing that makes me happy other than seeing a cheeky smile on my daughters face.

corky1968

Veteran
Well it's nice to see that things worked out.

Next time don't soak for longer than 12 hours.

BTW: Keep your thread going.

TheMoon

I forgot to conclude in my last post. the 2 saved autos growing in my closet are under a dual spec 200w CFL .

Could i have added too much perlite because when i water them the water just drains immediately through them. so watering takes place every two days the medium doesn't retain the water at all.

would this be a good thing as i suppose i couldn't over water them. im actually overwhelmed by how quickly they are growing at 25 days or possibly 23 or 24 days they look like they are much older. it cant be right its the 31st of may and they are pre-flowering already. the house is already stinking of weed. i cant wait to harvest them. its been soo long since i have had a smk. it would be magical if they were ready for a sample coming mid summers eve (summer solstice) im so excited.

temps are 24 degress lights on 19 lights out
18/6 just started a week ago
ph at run off 7.2
nutes used formulex
humidity 40%

Hey Moon im in a similar boat bought a few seeds from. Herbies 2 ov 3 cash crop autos failed to pop as did all 3 freebies- never had a prob poppin seeds b4 curiouser n curiouser

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Most of my seeds I plant how nature's been doing it since time immoral, by placing straight in moist soil. I have good germination rates. I think the key is temperature.
ya that...yeehaw..and save the paper towels for chili night

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soaking in paper towels...some brands still have a bleach residue (making paper white instead of natural beige)....can kills seeds, too.