What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to effectively Increase Humidity Levels from 40% to 60% - 5X9 Indoor Tent - Veg

cannabuzz

Hi everyone,

Per my understanding I should have the humidity levels between 60-70% while vegging; however, I'm having difficulties increasing our humidity levels.
I'm running a humidifier & it has help increase it from 20% up to 40% humidity but I'm still 20% short.
We are vegging under a 5X9 indoor tent with two 800 LED lights yet for now only one light is running.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Temps?
Air flow?

Raising temperature and decreasing air flow will increase humidity. I have used pans of water on the floor of a closed tent with plenty of active intake air and controlling ventilation passively by opening flaps etc.

This works to some degree. Careful because it can get sticky quick especially with a humidifier. I've used a space heater to push air coming from a cool mist into my tent before too. That vented in from the floor outside of the tent and running a exhaust fan out the top. Both ways worked but going into bloom the low humidity has been a blessing

olekingkole

Could you close off part of the tent? I use an ultrasonic humidifier from Mainlandmart, but these may cost more than you want to spend. You would also need a humidstat and a supply of R/O water. It's a bit of an undertaking. Raising temps will not raise humidity, sorry, they will just convert your tent to an oven.

cannabuzz

Temps?
Air flow?

Temps have been 86F-89F. As far as airflow I have an oscillating fan inside to move air and a bottom flap that allows the fresh air to come in when my exhaust fan is running. On the bottom flap I have an intake filter to clean air coming in. Is the intake filter a good idea?

Raising temperature and decreasing air flow will increase humidity. I have used pans of water on the floor of a closed tent with plenty of active intake air and controlling ventilation passively by opening flaps etc.

This works to some degree. Careful because it can get sticky quick especially with a humidifier. I've used a space heater to push air coming from a cool mist into my tent before too. That vented in from the floor outside of the tent and running a exhaust fan out the top. Both ways worked but going into bloom the low humidity has been a blessing[/quote]

look up Vapor Pressure Deficit chart online...ideal humidity to temp ranges

if you can not increase the humidity maybe change the room temp if easier to do?

also + on adjusting airflow to adjust humidity

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Apparently raising temperature is a bad idea either way you don't want to get any warmer in there. Idk. Good luck.

rangergord

You should lower intake air temperature with an air conditioner or even a swamp cooler or reduce your lighting/ use air cooled reflectors. This could impact overall production but your results will be better if your growing environment is well tuned.

St. Phatty

A big pot of water on medium heat on a hot plate is a very effective way to raise humidity. Cheap too.

Basically trying to get it to steam a little, but not boil.

iffey

Ambient RH is higher at night (at least in Florida)
To your point, I've just started with lights on at 6pm and off at 12pm in an attempt to keep RH up at that 60%-70% figure.
my humidifier shouldn't have to go on as much.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I run a 12 disc ultrasonic fogger system from houseofhydro.com

I can pretty much dial in my rh to match my VDP perfectly. I run 82* and 76%rh daily thru veg.