What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First post and first grow

Hello everyone! I've embarked on the journey of cultivating my own medicine and have been trying to find a forum that I may call "home". My strain of choice was Next Generation's Dynamite to help with my anxiety and depression. I'm about 3 weeks into veg and I would just like some input on how these plants look to you all! Any input would be appreciated. Happy growing!
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
Welcome, whatsaguitar!

Looking real nize love me some ebb drip! Looks like you are well on your way to a bountiful harvest of top notch buds!

Are these from seed or clone? Straight hydroton? Whats your flood schedule and nutes? Light size 400w?

LostTribe

Premium user
try a search of icmag is boring as shit and you will see quite possibly the finest walkthrough on how to ebb drip the soquick way! Its awsome!

try a search of icmag is boring as shit and you will see quite possibly the finest walkthrough on how to ebb drip the soquick way! Its awsome!

Thank you for the welcome! That's actually a forum that I followed and learned a lot from. I'm obviously not growing at that scale but I tried to implement some concepts into my plan. I'll provide the detail of my setup in case anyone else was wondering and would like to critique:

1ml/gal Armor Si Silica
4ml/gal Cali-Magic
3ml/gal Florablend

2ml/gal GH Micro
1ml/gal GH Bloom
3ml/gal GH Gro

All of these are added to RO water.

I also use Recharge beneficial bacteria every other day.

My setup initially started as a flood/drain table but decided to switch to a top feed system so I wouldn't have all the stress of the water weight on the table .

I started these seeds in rockwool starter cubes and then transplanted them into hydroton. Right now I'm feeding 15 minutes every hour during lights on in an 18/6 schedule.
I have a 400w for both veg and flower. Well, I have a 600w for flowering but my tents are too small and the temperature gets into the 100's so I'll have to run it at 400w.

I believe that's everything!

Awesome! Glad to see there's a consensus lol. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated just as a reference for myself and those interested!

I'm finding the hardest part of this all is being patient. The plan is to take 4 clones every 3 weeks and flower them so that way I can harvest 4 plants every 3 weeks. I have no expectation for yield so I have no goal set there.

Would anyone care to pitch in as to what would be a reasonable expectation?

Thanks again everyone!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good in here. Concrete mixing tub for a tray? I got the same, nice and heavy duty... much better than kiddie pools that can leak easy!

Lookin good in here. Concrete mixing tub for a tray? I got the same, nice and heavy duty... much better than kiddie pools that can leak easy!

Thank you! Yes it certainly is. In my flower tent I'll be using 2 perma-nest 10/20 trays. Each can hold a total of 8 5.5x5.5x7 square pots and I intend to cycle 4 clones every three weeks. That's the plan anyways lol

On point.
Thank you!

FunkFarmer

Hey Whatsaguitar the girls are looking good. How are you liking the Recharge bacteria. I'm about to be starting up my 4th grow using the same GH 3-part nutes you are but I've never tried the beneficial bacteria before, I'm very interested in your thoughts on them.
Also, just a heads up, you can take 4 clones every 3 weeks and end up harvesting 4 clones every 3 weeks but it will take more than 3 weeks for clones to grow a new root system and then convert into flower and fill out their buds. So from cutting to harvest will probably take minimum 10 weeks, 12 is more realistic, using that math you'd end up with 12 plants needing to be in your flower chamber and 4 plants rooting in your veg chamber, plus your mothers at any given time in your grow cycle.
Just my 2 cents, keep us updated!

Hey Whatsaguitar the girls are looking good. How are you liking the Recharge bacteria. I'm about to be starting up my 4th grow using the same GH 3-part nutes you are but I've never tried the beneficial bacteria before, I'm very interested in your thoughts on them.
Also, just a heads up, you can take 4 clones every 3 weeks and end up harvesting 4 clones every 3 weeks but it will take more than 3 weeks for clones to grow a new root system and then convert into flower and fill out their buds. So from cutting to harvest will probably take minimum 10 weeks, 12 is more realistic, using that math you'd end up with 12 plants needing to be in your flower chamber and 4 plants rooting in your veg chamber, plus your mothers at any given time in your grow cycle.
Just my 2 cents, keep us updated!

Hey thank you! Yeah I simplified my explanation for the sake of saving time but I was aware of the actual time lapse. I guess what I meant to say was that my end goal to be was to harvest 4 plants every 3 weeks lol. My logic was exactly as you stated, 12 in flower and 4 in veg and one or two mother plants is what I'm expecting to have at any given moment!

I think recharge is absolutely magnificent. It might be the most essential supplement that I'm using. My roots are pearly white and I definitely attribute that entirely to recharge. I think for how cheap it is in comparison to a lot of other beneficial bacteria and exactly how much is packed in there that it's worth the investment for sure. I definitely recommend it to anyone that isn't using it.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Stellar grow. Controversial perhaps but I am getting the exact same results with 15ml of h2O2 per gallon. If anything I usually cut it back a tad.

Stellar grow. Controversial perhaps but I am getting the exact same results with 15ml of h2O2 per gallon. If anything I usually cut it back a tad.

Hey thanks for stopping in! I actually have been using 3ml/gal of 29% h202 in my reservoir once a week. There are a lot of benefits to using h202 and it's a cheap supplement to add. From what I've read, it won't help with cases of pythium but it does help with killing bacteria and keeping things a tad cleaner.

I was away for the weekend and came back to find them even bigger. I'm still coming to terms with how quickly these things grow. I also managed to grab another 7x7 pot to transplant one that was still in a 5x5 pot. I was honestly expecting the 7x7 to be the final size for these to end up in. Is that an unrealistic expectation? Thanks in advance for any input!

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Hey thanks for stopping in! I actually have been using 3ml/gal of 29% h202 in my reservoir once a week. There are a lot of benefits to using h202 and it's a cheap supplement to add. From what I've read, it won't help with cases of pythium but it does help with killing bacteria and keeping things a tad cleaner.

:bump:

I smellit!

I brought my lawn chair.

:lurk:

~S0ul

Hey everyone! It's Sunday so that means it's update day!

As you may notice, I've switched to an HPS bulb for veg. I recalled an excerpt from one of Ed Rosenthal's books stating that an HPS bulb is just as effective for vegetative growth for a cannabis plant. Since I had an extra HPS bulb too, I figured why not? My plants have been seeming to love it so no complaints from me.

You may also notice that there are only two plants in the first photo. That's because I was able to determine the sex of all 3 and they all happened to be female. My tent is too small for 3 mother plants so I placed the last one in the flowering tent under a 600w bulb.

How's she looking to you guys?

This is definitely the most exciting part of this all for me lol. Looking forward to some input!

bigdad41296

Hey everyone! It's Sunday so that means it's update day!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65920&pictureid=1572619&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

As you may notice, I've switched to an HPS bulb for veg. I recalled an excerpt from one of Ed Rosenthal's books stating that an HPS bulb is just as effective for vegetative growth for a cannabis plant. Since I had an extra HPS bulb too, I figured why not? My plants have been seeming to love it so no complaints from me.

You may also notice that there are only two plants in the first photo. That's because I was able to determine the sex of all 3 and they all happened to be female. My tent is too small for 3 mother plants so I placed the last one in the flowering tent under a 600w bulb.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65920&pictureid=1572622&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

How's she looking to you guys?

This is definitely the most exciting part of this all for me lol. Looking forward to some input!

Imo I would of stuck with the mh bulb untill 2 to 3 weeks in from the flip it keeps them from stretching as much.

They look good and healthy thou:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts