What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow : Starting from seed with Bohdi's Goji Og

picture.php

Long circling roots like that isn't good, just means the nutes have to travel a longer distance to get the plant. If you lots puts of holes in your starter pots it will help stop the root circling around and getting rootbound, instead they will go out the holes then stop growing. The plant then will send out new roots from inside the medium, making the roots more dense on the interior of the medium, rather then then bound up and thick on the outside. When you transplant, the roots will explode tons of roots from withinside the medium to then new medium.

Manastasis

Very nice! I dig Bodhi's gear, grew out a Snowqueen (pinequeen×snow lotus) a couple years back that i was very pleased with. Was some of my fav tasting herb, tropical pineapple goodness, whish i woulda taken a few cuts. I bet that goji gnna be da crip!

I think it will be Manastasis! It already smells like dank bud when I rub the stems ;)
And yes John Kimble I think I let them go too long in the solo cups and they were starting to get root bound. Shouldn't have to worry about that now that she is in a smart pot :)

Here are a couple pics of the top that I snap off . It really exploded after super cropping! Even the base of the stem where it connects to the main stalk grew bigger!

Took 4 cuttings last night, crossing my fingers that they root well. I have never cloned anything before. And I am doing everything as natural as possible so I didn't use any synthetic hormones. Just soaked them in a solution of Azos for about 20 minutes and then stuck them in plugs soaked in Azos. Added a product called Tappin Roots to the tray water which I believe is willow and kelp extract. We will see how it goes!

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65317&pictureid=1567899&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Took 4 cuttings last night, crossing my fingers that they root well. I have never cloned anything before. And I am doing everything as natural as possible so I didn't use any synthetic hormones. Just soaked them in a solution of Azos for about 20 minutes and then stuck them in plugs soaked in Azos. Added a product called Tappin Roots to the tray water which I believe is willow and kelp extract. We will see how it goes!

Dude you got style! Brilliant job. :tiphat:
Subscribed.

Transplanted my lady into her final pot today. Since she will be all alone in the tent I figured go big or go home right? So I put her in a 10 gal smart pot :)
(Sorry for the sideways pics , keeps happening with this site )

Manastasis

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65317&pictureid=1569336&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65317&pictureid=1569334&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Transplanted my lady into her final pot today. Since she will be all alone in the tent I figured go big or go home right? So I put her in a 10 gal smart pot :)
(Sorry for the sideways pics , keeps happening with this site )
Hope ya got some headspace in your tent, haha! She could very well double in height after doing da stretch during flower, looks like you're gnna have some corn... The silica in the willow should work nicely for your cutts. Ive not used willow but have had great success with using only fresh aloe vera gel (also high in silica).

Hope ya got some headspace in your tent, haha! She could very well double in height after doing da stretch during flower, looks like you're gnna have some corn... The silica in the willow should work nicely for your cutts. Ive not used willow but have had great success with using only fresh aloe vera gel (also high in silica).

My tent is about 7', do you think I'll be alright if I bend the branches down, maybe a scrog type setup?

I have been doing a little lst to spread her out more. There are a ton of bud sites on some of the branches! I'm just going to let her roots grow into the 10 gal a little longer before throwing into flower mode. Definitely going to be using an air cooled hood with a 6" inline fan. I have read that running 2 600watters can be better than using a 1000w but I can only afford 1 setup right now so I'm going for the 1000 watt hps.

Well it has been over 20 days since I took the cuttings and still no roots. And the tops were getting all yellow so I gave in and got some clonex gel and took some more cuttings. This plant has been pretty resilient and responded very well to super cropping so I wanted to be sure to get some clones of her. Then today I saw some healthy looking white roots coming through the old clones plugs! So the natural way without synthetic hormones worked, it just took a while :)
I'm sure some other variables could have been off since I have never cloned before and I wasn't using a heat mat.

This was the healthiest out of the first cuttings. Took almost à month to show roots but it stayed perky the whole time. Very little yellowing.

Decided to go with a 600 watt setup because I was a little concerned with the heat generated by a 1000 watt. And to get the most out of the 600 I decided to do a Scrog. 3.5'x3.5'.
Got her under a mh for the last bit of veg

Finally flipped her to 12/12. Super exited to see what this pheno is like. Definitely has some of the earthy og smell coming off the stems and every time I handle her my fingers smell like a sharpie