What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eagle 20 and spinosad

I'll look for some zerotol, but it's really hard to find good products like that in Canada. They don't allow us any good stuff. If not I'll give something a try. I have a carbon filter hanging from the ceiling with a fan sucking air through the filter and exhausting from the room.(see pic) Do you think I need to clean any of this (other then the dust cover)? Fan is always on sucking air through the filter. I have a few weeks left, and seem to only be getting the PM on the rockstar kush. I don't understand PM, it's been in the room (small amounts) the whole time, and some of my plants have been untouched by it and my fans are blowing constantly in there too. I just gotta make sure it's gone for my next grow.

Attachments

• 20180617_132414.jpg
    20180617_132414.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 20

KitHarbinger

From an NBC news report:

CannaSafe also tested 10 of the unregulated cartridges for pesticides. All 10 tested positive.

The products all contained myclobutanil, a fungicide that can transform into hydrogen cyanide when burned.

"You certainly don’t want to be smoking cyanide," said Antonio Frazier, the vice president of operations at CannaSafe. "I don’t think anyone would buy a cart that was labeled hydrogen cyanide on it."

Pirzada described the existence of myclobutanil as "very disturbing," adding that "it’s going to cause a very toxic effect on the lungs."

DemonTrich

Veteran
They are finding this in legit dispo bought carts as well. NOT just the BM.

And if this were 100% true, ppl would have been sick 10yrs ago. Therr are lots of shit head growers who spray eagle 20 all thru flower just to make a buck.

Yeah I'm definitely not going to use the eagle 20, sounds dangerous. I'm now using the jakes all natural spray to help with the PM and thrips. Seems to help a bit, and says you can use it up to 5 days before harvest, but I cut it out wAy before that. I also introduced cucumeris to my veg room, they really help with the thrips but are a bit pricey. I find that once everything goes to my flower room, the thrips diminish hugely. I use t5s in veg and 315 cmh in flower, not sure if they just like the t5s.
I also noticed on my last grow, where I had 6 different strains, that only a few showed signs of PM, and some I couldn't see any on at all. I've realized that some strains are just more prone to the PM. I've added more air flow in the room, and run a dehumidifier 24/7. My RH never gets over 50, and have a heat pump running full time as
well. I also purchased an ozone generator, which I run between grows after thoroughly cleaning the room. So we'll see how that works.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The number one equipment cleaner in the UK is Jeyes Fluid. It's used in many labs, hospitals and greenhouses. It's a household name, so easily available at any major store. It really does stink though. Instant images of hospitals come to mind.

For killing and removing mould specifically, only Dettol mould and mildew even works. It comes in a green spray bottle, and the nasty simply vanishes in about 10 minutes. Smells like bleach, but there is more going on. It's not really for food prep surfaces though.

207growmaine

I already made the decision to destroy all the clones I took from these strains with the PM. Too bad, they were looking great. I cant get any sort of systemic fungicide here in Canada , so I've been using these bandaids for now. I'm 38 days into flower right now and have only had the PM come back on a couple plants and not very much either. I cut the leaves I see it on instantly. My question now is, once everything is finished in my flower room. How do I ensure the PM is gone for my next grow? Repaint? Bleach clean everything? Ozone generator? Sulfur burner? I've read about all these things.
Does anyone have any experience cleaning a room of PM?
I've also noticed at day 36 I scoped the tricomes on the 3 different strains, and they all have quite a few amber tricomes already. Seems pretty early to me. Unless maybe it has something to do with spraying the Jake's on them.

What kind of cloning process do you use? I have been trying in plugs but not having much luck. Those roots look great!

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think even Phillip Morris uses or did use eagle 20 on tobacco crops.Suprised people didnt die half way through a cigarette

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Anyone seen this

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...romhealthcanadaonmyclobutanilandcannabis.html
I think there is a lot of non scientists giving advice , more like religion. Lots of hate for a chemical that has saved my cuttings many times. I have Kali Mist and White Russian plants that have been around since 2001. I only spray small plants,nothing later then 3 weeks before flowering. I have had my final product tested. Found only when retested to parts per billion after I doused a plant in week one of flower, that I was gifted. I really doubt Myclobutanil has persistence over generations of clones .

People rarely read links

Health Canada conducted more than 300 inspections of 30 licensed producers.......the level of cyanide from the burning of myclobutanil found on the cannabis samples is more than 1000 times less than the cyanide in cannabis smoke alone, and is 500 times below the acceptable level

Yes, the Canadian gubberment type people say pot pulled from market produced 0.1% more cyanide than untreated pot. The case is simple though. The treatment did cause an increase. Banned.

Grapefruitroop

As far as I've seen around, working in Humboldt county near the coast, the most recommended and successful weapon against PM its the selection of a genetic that resist to it!

clones of clones of clones of clones are prone to it too...

It may sound stupid but....

PM spores are absolutely everywhere if you live in a wet area, you already have it.

Many environmental factors also comes in to guarantee the germinations of spores and the development of the infection but if you can't control all of em then go for a strain that is resistant to it....(and good luck to find a reputable breeder o cloner that can tell it to u).

We had 8 greenhouse deep inside the redwoods and no matter what the Creeppler gh was infested with pm meanwhile the AKs were absolutely 100% healthy....

:tiphat:

MindEater

People rarely read links

Yes, the Canadian gubberment type people say pot pulled from market produced 0.1% more cyanide than untreated pot. The case is simple though. The treatment did cause an increase. Banned.

Since 100% of all Cannabis nationwide is burned and everything..

Reminds me of the legal grows in AZ. "The flame from a lighter is 1200 degrees, derrrrr no mold can survive dat"

'Boogieman'

As far as I've seen around, working in Humboldt county near the coast, the most recommended and successful weapon against PM its the selection of a genetic that resist to it!

clones of clones of clones of clones are prone to it too...

It may sound stupid but....

PM spores are absolutely everywhere if you live in a wet area, you already have it.

Many environmental factors also comes in to guarantee the germinations of spores and the development of the infection but if you can't control all of em then go for a strain that is resistant to it....(and good luck to find a reputable breeder o cloner that can tell it to u).

We had 8 greenhouse deep inside the redwoods and no matter what the Creeppler gh was infested with pm meanwhile the AKs were absolutely 100% healthy....

:tiphat:

I agree with this heavily. I grow outdoors and always have a wet cool fall. Some plants get infested with PM, most plants catch a little on the lower leaves, and some are completely resistant in my climate.

Latest posts

Latest posts