What's new

Need help with an unknown Nute Def. (possibly manganese)

Sooooo this is kinda an odd one for me personally - it's something I've never seen before and can't seem to lock down what nutrient deficiency is causing this problem. For the most part everything is growing just fine, just has this weird yellowing between the veins starting from the petiole moving outward but the outsides and veins are remaining green. It's on the newest growth and thus far hasn't begun migrating to old growth.

Pretty sure it's a manganese deficiency but I've never seen one and there's not very many good pictures online. It's the only plant outta 40 that has this issue, soooo kinda confused. (And yes I do realize that there's some purpling going on the stems - doubt it's related - this strain always has purple petioles)

Lemme know what ya think
- Life

Attachments

• DSC02577.jpg
    DSC02577.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02578.jpg
    DSC02578.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC02585.jpg
    DSC02585.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4

CaliVeganix

Is it soil? Coco? It's starting on the inside so I agree it's some kind of micro def. From what I understand though maganese and other micros are only needed in trace amounts (usually probided by canna friendly nutes) and deficiencies are usually attributed to high PH. If it's hydro double check your res, if soil check the runoff (not 100% accurate but a good reference point). If those are correct, recalibrate ph pen for good measure, and add a TAD of some micros or Epsom salts in a plain water feed (supposedly micros in high concentrations interact negatively with other nutes)....I've only been doing this a couple years so take it with a grain of salt but hope this helps

CaliVeganix

I mean if you zoom in you could see what he's talking about. It's slightly a different shade of green on the inner portion of the leaves. Telltale micro def...which one is harder to say because their all so damn similar and its on only one plant lol. Whatever it is though it definitely doesn't look bad at all...maybe that one plants ph is off? possibly slight light burn since it's only that one plant? Idk looks too evenly spread on the leaf to be burn. Wierd. Keep us updated. Definitely interesting.

They're currently in ProMix and being fed with Vegamatrix (which has been working wonderfully for everything else in the room). It's definitely really odd.. I'm gonna get some pH calibration solution in the next day or two and see if it's a problem with the pH meter itself cause it's definitely within range (of whatever it's currently reading at anyways) and it's definitely not burn cause the tips aren't burnt at all. Guess I'll post back whenever I get it figured out or unless anyone else has any ideas on it.

-Life

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clone or seed?

I've seen some funky ass growth from seed pops.

Clone or seed?

I've seen some funky ass growth from seed pops.

Clone - ran a bunch of times over the years so it shouldn't be that.

Update otherwise:
Went and got pH calibration solution and my pH meter musta been thrown off by at least .5 or so, don't know how that happened but things seem to be working themselves out now. Must just been more sensitive than some of the other varieties to the pH swing that musta occurred.

Sooo not completely outta the woods yet, but looking much better.

-Life

was going to say.. that's your ph . had that happen with a bunch of gg4 s1's when my ph pen failed

How long did it take for them to recover?? Or did it only recover on the new growth?? Some of mine seem like they're reverse the damage and others just seem like new growth looks better.

Latest posts

Latest posts