What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tastiest strain

Gullygsg

I would like to know whats the tastiest strain that you guys have smoke i know this may be a topic that have been mention a million times but i will like to know what that strain may be especially that have a strong kick with it preferably from seeds aas i dont have access to clones

Cannavore

Veteran
Some of my favorite tasting strains are Pink Kush, Death Star, Sour Diesel, Blue Dream, Silver Haze, Trainwreck, Cat Piss, Alien Kush, OG Kush, and probably others that I'm forgetting about.

Cannavore

Veteran
Most are clone that I don't have, so no, they're just strains I remember with above average taste from years past. Most of those I named can be found in crosses in seed form though.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
taste is like the most complex trait in cannabis (hence all these clone only strains, that everyone talks about tasting so good) and it can be easily ruined in the drying and curing process.... add the problem that many people who grow plants from seed will just parrot back the breeders description of the strain, partly due to pride and partly do to subconscious priming.

the best advice you are going to get is; to due your own thorough research , watch many grow logs on specific strains from specific breeders until you are convinced that the people growing them are getting the quality and characteristics you want.

and IMHO organic cultivation... especially in the open sunshine, will help bring out the nuances, power and complexities in the flavors.

EDIT: I had ran across this video earlier today and was hoping something pertinent would pop up... to many good varieties out there for me to recommend what you would like...
[YOUTUBEIF]W0CYJNw9YJQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

Gullygsg

taste is like the most complex trait in cannabis (hence all these clone only strains, that everyone talks about tasting so good) and it can be easily ruined in the drying a and curing process.... add the problem that many people who grow plants from seed will just parrot back the breeders description of the strain, partly due to pride and partly do to subconscious priming.

the best advice you are going to get is; to due your own thorough research , watch many grow logs on specific strains from specific breeders until you are convinced that the people growing them are getting the quality and characteristics you want.

and IMHO organic cultivation... especially in the open sunshine, will help bring out the nuances, power and complexities in the flavors.

Everything your saying is very true my strain i love the most is the 501st og also a few strains that i have created over the years

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ill second and third the grape stomper. Effn delish!

From seed, Black Domina, The Purps, Romulan, any of the 900 OG Kush crosses, Blue Moon Rocks, Blueberry, Agent Orange, Sweet pink grapefruit, grapefruit x bb, strawberry cough, super lemon haze, etc

Totally true about drying and curing though, thats where most go afoul.

What flavors do you like?

Gullygsg

Ill second and third the grape stomper. Effn delish!

From seed, Black Domina, The Purps, Romulan, any of the 900 OG Kush crosses, Blue Moon Rocks, Blueberry, Agent Orange, Sweet pink grapefruit, grapefruit x bb, strawberry cough, super lemon haze, etc

Totally true about drying and curing though, thats where most go afoul.

What flavors do you like?

I like sweet tasting herb and og i made a cross long time ago which was romulan 7 of 9 x ubc chemo thats was one of the tastiest strain ever i will love tonhave acceas to the romulan 7 of 9 again however federation seeds is shut down and i would love to get grape stomper but the seeds are always out of stock

Pancake5765

I have read that using bat guano gives the herb that "rich worm soil" taste. And to me that is DEVINE!. I am not a poop user so I cannot say from experience, but it is worth considering and researching.

Bmac1

Veteran
For me its WiFi and Grapefruit Diesel by Next Generation. I love a nice blueberry too.