What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UNDER FEEDING OR PPM CONFUSION?

12n12

hi guy's. So first off, I'm in week 3 of flower, nutrients are house and garden aqua flake, medium is pro mix and ph is 6.1 . I'm also using 1,000 hps and plants are in 5 gallon pots. I also feed every time not feed then water then feed.

Ok so my question and issue is am I under feeding my plants and making them show these magnesium, calcium and nitrogen deficiency or am I over feeding them and there locked out?

Now, I don't think there locked out but I did flush them last week followed with a good feeding. I'm feeding at 1,000-1,200 ppm's but what I'm not under standing is my run off ppm is 800-1,000 ppm. I don't think I'm over feeding because there is no nutrient burn and also there sucking up a gallon in 24 hours.

So is it normal to feed at 1,000 ppm's and get a run off at 800-1,000? I would think it would be a lot lower of a PPM reading?

In my mind if I feed at 1,000 ppm's and then feed again at 1,000 ppm's and the run off was only at 800 this would mean only 200 ppm's where taken so now I would have 1,800 ppm's built up in my medium. Maybe I am reading all of this wrong so I hope to find a good green thumb that can explain things to me and figure out if I need to raise my ppm's in my feedings or what needs to be done?

Here are 2 pictures of the girls. You can see the yellowing from the lush green along with the issues I posted above. Thanks for all the help!

albumid=49613&pictureid=1158375']
picture.php
[/url]

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Not to be rude but I see no lush green in those pics, it's all yellow.

Maybe take a pic with the hps off so we can see what is going on.

12n12

Well after looking at my PPM's I think for the third week of flower my PPM's are too low. I think I'm going to bump them up to 1,300 PPM with some CalMag also.

If anyone has some ideas, please feel free to chime in. Thanks guy's!

bluenorth

I'm running the same set up, promix in 5gal. Are you feeding to run off? One gal probably wont give run off. I feed every time at 1.2 to 1.4ec, depending on your meter thats about 600-700ppm. I would never hit my plants with 2.4ec. One thing to consider is 3 weeks in flower is the magic time for bug problems to show themselves. If you see any fruit fly type things flying around your pretty much screwed at this point

bluenorth

Oh, were you saying your run off is 6.1 or thats what your feeding? run off in promix is hit and miss, there are buffers that will skew your readings. if your feeding at 6.1 your spot on. One gal in 24hrs is crazy, if you feed and get 20% run off you should be good for about 3 days.

12n12

not with these girls. I can feed a gallon and a half to get run off and in 24 hours there almost bone dry. I took a good look at my plants and did some reading. My plants are showing N and CalMag issues. I remember from my notes that just about every run I did had CalMag issues around week 3 in flower. The fact that I have N issues also just tells me there craving more food.

With house and garden on week 3 the ppm's were around 800 and by all means this is simply not enough for my 5 foot plants. I decided to feed aggressive with house and garden and this took my ppm's up to around 1,400. This is more then enough food for the plants so I will just look for burning and color change. I feel I was under feeding them.