What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who has the best afghani in seed form?

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Looking for that old school afghani with the skunky/hash taste, and smell..Had a nice cutting of it, then lost it in 07..It stayed kinda short, nice yield, and very greasy with an amazing taste...Wondering If I can find anything similar in seed form?

OP

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
the only ones that come to mind are Tom Hill's genetics..Deep Chunk and X-18, both pure Afghani lines....I used to get this killer Afghani #1 from a grower like 15 years ago, it was 1 toke stuff, more than that, you would be on the floor,,

good luck in your searches
Chefboy

hobb3s93

i was wondering the same thing recently. im looking for the type of strain that some call platinum kush out here or somthing like socal master. maybe were not thinking bout the same thing but i just want the short, not very streachy that just gets those shiney diamond golfball nugs with sweet coffee kush flavor and awesome colors.

alot of the genetics i find online are from nirvana mr nice and dutchpassion that say they have master kush but i have heard these seeds are no longer the real deal?

alot of other companies it is crossed, i just want that master hindu funk, ogr w. master looks preety cool but id rather find somthing else

any suggestions?

moondawg

Oh man, i know the answer to this question. For 10 years i grew every affie i could find. Ive grown every major offerring and most of the second rung breeders along with a truckload of affie crosses.

There is one that has no equal. Maple leaf Indica from sensi seeds. Ive grwon Deep chunk 2x and its a pathetic excuse of a plant compared to MLI. The paki chitral kush people are raving about cant hold a candle to mli.

Smoking it is a pleasure - very sweet, peach taste that lingers and the same red eyed giggles that came with the black afghani hash we used to get wrapped in sackcloth back in the early 70's.

The plant is a affie hybrid, but it is a hybrid of 2 closesly related affies that were taken out of afghanistan before the russians invaded and destroyed so many of the native strains. But unlike DC and some of the others such as the Reeferman offerings that have been inbred and are now lethargic, slow growing and weak, MLI has been well cared for and produce healthy beautiful plant.s.

It finishes in 45 days. Short indoors, 4' outdoors = all plants are similar but some are a bit more branchy and seem to yeild a bit better. Decent yield indoors, outdoors about 5 ozs. Resistant to all diseases and pest. The highest quality available.

I did a grow report years ago in the smoke report section. I kept a mom for years until a ice storm took her out. Its not a sativa like the report says???, pure afghan indica. I also have some pics around here somwhere. Ill see if i can find them

Top of the list guys. Grow it and know it.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will second the MLI being a first rate indica. Moondawg got me to try it btw. Am never going to be without it. The f2's I made from the originals are exact copies of them. Yield is good and very stable genes. Never a bad high from this strain and I get semi bummers off a great many strains if I smoke them enough.

I am also very happy with SAD from Sweet Seeds. It is mostly Afghan indica( 90%?) with a very happy and calm buzz. Tastes good too. Yield was a little light on the one plant I grew of it. MLI or similar is in this one along with other strains.

GDP might not fit into this but is a superior indica dominate strain. Great buzz and kinda grape flavor if you like that.

Did a Seedsman Afghani #1 and it had a sativa looking structure to it. Not much yield and a good calming high, though it did make my chest tight or otherwise made breathing a bit harder for a few minutes after toking. Had to shit can it for that reason.

Jhhnn

Veteran
MLI is supposedly one of the best old school afghan cultivars. It's on my personal grow list. Lots of threads about it....

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
ok MLI might be the best afghani, but i wouldn't trust sensi, unlikely they are still selling the original..No offennse but if anyone knows anything about the seed buss....SENSI is NO longer what they used to be...So where does someone go for Afghani,

peace
Chefboy

D

DJXXPLATINUM

thanks for the thread....jus ordered some Maple Leaf Indica...been needn a great affie...thanks again dj

H

highsteppa

I got some old style vancouver island afghani--haven't run it yet, but supposed to be smelly with phenos from fruit to shit. I think the best affie reps are prob with the old guys and stuff that was around before the seed banks. When I was young I knew a fisherman who had great affie strain, low dark green and smelly w/o any fruit noted (prefferd in these, right)...Wish I grabbed seeds! MLI does sound good, would like to run her. Whats the latest anyones bought seeds of MLI and how can some say 45 days and others 70? Peace

JUst want to add anyone try Talk of Kabul from mark castle or classic seed TOk x Pride of Afghanistan?

Jhhnn

Veteran
ok MLI might be the best afghani, but i wouldn't trust sensi, unlikely they are still selling the original..No offennse but if anyone knows anything about the seed buss....SENSI is NO longer what they used to be...So where does someone go for Afghani,

peace
Chefboy

Why wouldn't it be the same? It's a stable strain, not just a cross, and they've been breeding it for a very long time. If they're paying attention at all, they've probably improved it thru selection of the better moms & occasional back crossing...

moondawg

peace
Chefboy

I ordered 2 packs of MLI and 1 pack of Northern Lights from sensi seeds in March. I havent popped the NL yet, but the MLI is the same MLI ive been buying from them since i believe 2000. Ive probably bought 20 or more paks of mli over that time. The strain has never changed.

I realize sensi had some problems with their fem line and it painfully clear that whoever is in charge of the company now is beyond incompetent, but their growers and the mothers they use are stable and secure.

Ive spoken with the grower that produces MLI seeds and who knows the strain intimately. He's well aware of the quality of the strain he's growing and takes a greaat deal of pride in it. Neither him nor sensi would ever alter the strain. Its truly a very unique strain in the retail seed biz.

Lung.Butter

I ran a pack of MLI about 7 years ago, gave me some slightly caramel tasting buds, the bho was nice, very caramel tasting. Wasn't a keeper for me personally. I ran 3 SAD fems (black domina), thats a nice affie, very sweet. The dsb black affie thats in la con and some others is really nice but a slow grower.

I've been meaning to try the bullrider and the afghooie.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Check this recent thread for some more info: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257912

I've heard that MLI was a mix of several classic afghan lines but it will be your best bet now, as Afghan landraces aren't available right now (ACE/Gypsy and RSC used to sell pure Mazar I Shariff not many time ago). Otherwise probably Deep Chunk is the best oldschool afghan if you can find them. Lapis Mountain Indica is Deep Chunk X Afghan landrace and of course, pure Deep Chunk, which is also probably the best and dankest heirloom afghani line around.

The X18 and X16/PTK are related and interesting hashplants too, but pakistani lines though.

Vibes.:tiphat:

A

Alone

The Afghani I smoked had bright orange hairs and lime green leaf trim color, and tasted like the finest hashish you ever could find. Sublime, pure, Afghan. It is the standard to judge all other strains by. A shining example of what you would want your MJ too taste like.
Ive been chasing that taste ever since, and havent come close to it. Only other strain that compared in taste was NYCD red grapefruit cut.
This perticular Afghani is a priceless strain to find. No money amount would be to large to score a cut of it.
Its always been my favorite smoke Ive ever had my entire life.
I know the guy who knows the guy who grows it, or used too anyways, and I need to track him down and pray to God the guys still around and would consider selling a cut. I highly doubt it though.
This Afghani was the Grand Champion of what MJ should taste like. Nothing but perfect expansion in the lungs with an exotic flavor of the finest order. Like smoking the finest hash.
I understand how strains like the Mendocino County Purps and NYCD became so famous.
It was all in the Ghani dad.

Last edited:
A

Alone

Oh... sorry guys. Didnt mean to bother anyone.
Hope you guys find the best Ghani in seed form.
Have a nice day.

bluntmassa

peace
Chefboy

If I had a dime for everytime someone pulled its not the original statement out there ass I'd be a rich man. but I know all the children believe the new age chuckers with kush, fire alien wtf ever is better then the all time greats truth is old school genetics are still Dank, Fire whatever you kids are calling it these day's I never had any issue's with sensi seeds quality.