What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EZ cloner's

burnt out og'er
Veteran
:fsu: ?

Geez, thats a fine howdy doo for my first advice post here. :confused:

eh, whatever dude I tried. :pimp3:

full time daddy
Veteran
10k said:
:fsu: ?

Geez, thats a fine howdy doo for my first advice post here. :confused:

eh, whatever dude I tried. :pimp3:

10k its not u but i have lost damn near 400 clones from it.... in 3 weeks
and i just got home finding 60 more dead..........

welcome to icmag n thx for the info i agree with all of it im just having shit luck on the ez i have had good luck with home made units (aero & bubbler)

Last edited:
G

this sucks man, im so sorry:badday:

only thing i can think of is pH being low makin for prime conditions for the slime,

also, do you use h2o2 in the water? if you do ever try again make sure to bleach clean again :p and add h2o2 to your water, get airflow up, i just dont know what else to tell ya bro, im stumped..bubble it up! i sense your hate for the ez right now and i aint gonna push it :p

:bongsmi: have a smoke, chill, tomorrows another day, albeit without rooted clones, but youll catch up.

be well bro

burnt out og'er
Veteran
ok 00420, but please take a step back and ask yourself what the fundamental differences are between a home made unit and that ez-cloner.

I'm not personally familiar with the ez-cloner myself, I was assuming it was a cheapo-aero knock off. ie: air pump style aero style (above water suspended stems) or a deep water bubbler type unit.

Does it have adequate water aeration, are the bubbles breaking the full surface or just a portion of the water surface? Are the air stones or bubble wands clogged up and thus not delivering a good action? Same for the pump, is it inadequate or gone tired since the first few sucessful runs ?

Or is that ez-cloner one of those damned water pumping contraptions ?
If it is, toss it out and build yourself a cheapo-aero and be done with it.

G

ez cloner=aero cloner
not faux-aero:biglaugh:i use that tho:D the bubbler-aero thang hehe

his is sprayer nozzles i believe, the heads spray the root zone 24/7

maybe cycle that 00420, if cycling it now try 24/7

there is SOME REASON why this isnt going for ya, just gotta pin it down bro, plz dont throw it away lmk 1st ;)

G

tha only thing ya need in there is clonex man

:)

to be honest with you, when my clones come out i add superoxy and run it then drain it and run it with regular water then wash it with bleach and rinse it out really well

then after all that i wash it out again and wipe it down then add my water and clonex..i dont pH shit...

G

ive done 7 runs in the ez-clone now, the last 3 with 180- 205 plants. 100% success every time with roots showing in 5-6 days. i use clonex, tap water and wash it with bleach at the end. could not possibly be any more simple than that.

chepnut

Here is what I do with my ez cloner, first thing I put in air stones, mine came with some black tubing with small little holes. I use tap water ph'd to 6, then I throw some hydroguard
in there to keep any bad bacteria at bay and help with the transplanting of the clones (american agritechs cloners come with the stuff). Where I live the water is pretty shitty, so I have to clean out the cloner pretty often. I fill it with hot water and about 1/2 cup of bleach and then I let it run for a couple of hours, I drain it and then run it with hot water for a couple of more, wipe it down, I also make sure that I clean the neoprene inserts pretty well also. Don't forget to clean the pump filter that thing can get pretty funky.

After reading this thread I think I am going to put some clonex in there also, for that added extra boost.

darken

EZ Cloning

EZ Cloning

EZ Cloner:

Here is what I do for 100% roots everytime.

Cleaning: Before each use I run scalding hot water through it for 15 minutes then cold water with a whole bottle of h202 for 30 minutes.

Cloning:
- 5 gallons of tap water
- 25ml Hydroguard
- 25ml Clonex

Don't worry about the temps and run your pumps 24/7!

This works every time for the last year I've been using it.

later,
darken

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
hey 00420- i'm sorry if someone mentioned this because i didn't read the whole thread but mine started to die to until i figured out the the sprayers get clogged...just unscrew them, mine are red..... u can see the build up right on them, take a toothpick and get the gunk out...then poke the toothpick through the little holes where the water shoots up. if you take the clone holder out and put your finger in the hole you'd feel that them clones dying probably weren't getting wet....thats what happened to me anyway.

like mentioned already after i few runs i just fill the rez up with water and bleach and let her run for awhile....then dump and let run with normal water for awhile....then wipe her down.....i got the 120 so she's a load but well worth it....good luck

peace

butterbean

I use the 30 site ez-clone.
Mine gets hot but all I do is add some ice cubes/
Or freeze some bottled water and put that in.. works great.

Mine definitely seems to work better with the ice..