What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~~HOLIDAY PET CONTEST 2009~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's more in a different dress....sorry I don't know how to paste photos....kinda computer slow lol....wv

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 27
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 26

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Alot of tough competion in here, looking good everyone :)

Yea that's for sure....everybody's animals/pets are #1 in there owners eyes and rightfully so. I honestly think we all got winners from the looks of things!!!!. Thanks Dutchgrow and icmag.....Happy Holidays everybody:xmastree:

G

Guest 16149

Hey DG
One question is it a photo contest or a photoshop contest?? Seems like a lot of shopped photos

G

Guest 16149

What's wrong with adding a little computer flair to the pics? We all use our creative talents in our own ways. :santa1:

The same reason photoshopped photos are not used for bud of the month or most other picture contests, its about the subject, not the ability to modify the subject, but hey it is not my contest so do what you like and Dutchgrown will be the judge :) :santa1:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Hey ya'll......this contest was all about having fun and showing off your cute pets during the holiday season....something I've done on here for many years.

I guess I should have been clear in my first post, and indicated whether ps'ed photos would be allowed....but I didn't. Of course the preference is non ps'ed, but, I should have stated that. Was so excited to start seeing some entries that I didn't specify no ps'ed images.

Ideally photos should be in their natural state....on the other hand, it does take some work to create altered images.

I do feel (personally) that photos of pets, especially when trying to get them to do something they don't really want, and capturing that 'moment' takes just as much, if not more, work than a ps'ed image.

ALL photos will be taken into consideration....not excluding anyone who has posted here, and somehow me and the kitties will narrow it down.

Thank you all for entering! Still a couple days remaining to enter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thanks:
DG

G

Guest 16149

Sorry DG did not mean to cause an issue.

My apologies to HeadforTrinity if he felt I was attacking him.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
No worries Blaner....I simply offered up a bit of clarification....there's no issues....all is good!! :kitty:

Ya'll keep entering....as I mentioned....there might be some sur-prizes in the final results!!! ;)

Thanks!
:kitty:
DG

H

headfortrinity

Sorry DG did not mean to cause an issue.

My apologies to HeadforTrinity if he felt I was attacking him.

Not at all Blaner, I knew it would be a little iffy to use a chopped pic, I just really want to win. :D I hope I didn't seem upset.

Thanks for putting this contest on Dutchgrown, I don't mean to cause trouble, We didn't get a tree this year to pose in front of, I thought about making a nativity set or painting the backdrop myself. but I wasn't prepared so I went the photoshop route, look out for me next year I love contests and winning great stuff!

The background of this story: I took over 100 pictures using a canvas backdrop and holiday clothing that we took off our christmas decorations, I had two people help me, one taking pics and one helper/poser and me posing and directing. I even went as far as dusting my cat with cornstarch to get the snow covered effect. I looked through the pics while writing out a storyboard, then I took the chosen pics and removed the backgrounds using photoshop, I never used it before so I had to borrow the program and then teach myself how to use it. Once I found a good backdrop on internet search, I simply put the chopped pics into the background and created the caption bubbles using the storyline I wrote out. The pictures themselves weren't changed at all, I made sure of that. I spent about 10 hours on this total.
Please enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it :eggnog:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
LOL ^^^^

Now, now.....the kitties have always been fair....just because cats rule and dogs drool doesn't mean
they can't/won't be objective! ;)

One of them was raised with a Rottie....a rather HUGE one.....and even referred to him as brother.
You know, like.....alright bro, get out of MY chair....spit...pssst.....hiss!
or
Hey bro....go ahead, get that steak off the counter, no one is looking, I got your back bro! Hiss...spit....meowwwwwwwwww.

DG

G

Guest 16149

LOL ^^^^

One of them was raised with a Rottie....a rather HUGE one.....and even referred to him as brother.

DG

ROFL, now thats funny DG my old Rottie was nice to his new little friends (2 chihuahua's) back a few years ago, I will post up a pic sometime (Not for contest) of him next to my little 3 lb chihuahua, , his head was bigger than her whole body, but he was always careful not to hurt her or the other one :)
Found it :)

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not really fussed about being in the actual competition. My parrot is so playful it's hard to get her to pose for a photo in the best of times, she sees the camera and it's a new toy to jump all over - just wanted to join in the fun with the only decent shot I could get and was feeling the xmas spirit. Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes too.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That pic is not eligible for the contest it does not have a holiday theme but thanks I like it as well.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Hammerhead - lol, that is hilarious. Do you have to light it for him? j/k. Have a happy new year everybody!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts