What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are best smells to cover indoor?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
What are best essential oil scents to mask what carbon filters do not get?

Bobby Boucher

I use house stinks as an excuse to practice my béarnaise (Tarragon, shallot, vinegar, wine reduction + egg yolk). I'm getting pretty good at it. If I'm real lazy, though, I'll just boil off a bit of vinegar, mop up all the wood floors with some murphys and the tile with pine-sol, spark up some incense by the front door.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
People who are saying to cook some good-smelling shit are giving you the best advice, if you can cook a lot. If not, due to lack of time or skill, then go with basil. Seriously. Whether you setup a basil garden somewhere in a common area and tend to it daily, or if you just grow some outside and cut sprigs to bring in and put in glasses of water to place around the house daily, it's a powerful, pleasant smell that covers up everything.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Cannabis has a knack for picking up odors. Cigarettes and perfume can both fuck weed up quick. Unless you are completely sure whatever you mask it with is only touching the air leaving and never comes in contact with the plants or finished product I really do not recommend it. Maybe consider buying another small fan and filter on a speed control so it has a chance to work. Place it near the area you want to stop stinking.

St. Phatty

People who are saying to cook some good-smelling shit are giving you the best advice, if you can cook a lot. If not, due to lack of time or skill, then go with basil.

Or, basil & Garlic = Pesto.

You can buy tubs of Pesto for about $5.

Just put a tablespoon or 2 in the frying pan, turn it on low heat, let it sit for 3 hours.

After 3 days you might be getting anonymous notes from people asking if they can have the smell of Skunk back.

Or you might get an invite to a Pesto Support Group.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Small ozone generator,, too small to bother the plants but big enough to contain the stench,,
Use outside of bloom room obviously,,,,s2

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only smart advice here is to get a bigger filter. If your filter isn't doing the job, increase the size, decrease the air flow slightly, or it's time to replace it. Covering a smell you are used to smelling only makes it smell like that + weed to everyone else.

Don't take short cuts with grow room security. Remember, in the new quasi-legal environments, smells are just an invitation for rippers and criminals. It's not just LEO you have to protect yourself from.

dank.Frank

Gry

Litter boxes, have been an effective short term distraction for me.
How well anything will work has much to do with how it is sold.

Brother Nature

If you can't get a bigger fan and filter, I'd recommend following this advise

Small ozone generator,, too small to bother the plants but big enough to contain the stench,,
Use outside of bloom room obviously,,,,s2

If you've got a setup that'll support it, the ozone actually destroys the cannabis smell, the trade off is it will make you and your animals sick if not used properly, plus it'll kill your plants if used in the same room at a high concentration, but it will work, I place a small one outside the room I do my trimming in and it covers the smell well. Burning citronella also is a good way to cover the smell if you like the smell of it. Of course there's always incense too, gets expensive quick though lol.