What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plants in 4 week of veg in DWC - 4 days without proper lighting

irvas

Hi,

So my parents is coming over for 4 days and I had to move my DWC to another location just for a short period of time.

I am not able to put up any tent or anything like that in the temporary location so they are just standing in the DWC and the regular lighting in the room is on (normal bulb)

Will this keep them alive or do I have to find a way to set up a lamp?

Thank you guys in advance!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Switch them to r/o water, keep the bubbles going. They won't really be using nutes, so keep the roots nice by giving them only water.

They'll survive. :D

irvas

Switch them to r/o water, keep the bubbles going. They won't really be using nutes, so keep the roots nice by giving them only water.

They'll survive. :D

Thanks mate, nice news! I already put nutrition in the tank and some water after I moved it, it should not have any negative effect on the plants in already stressed situation?

Just because they are in veg, as long as they dont get really bad in these 4 days I will manage to veg them back to life when then are back home.

Yes, the airpump and everything is up running so it's only the HLG550 that is missing.

Gazoo31

I would try and leave the light on 24/7 and make sure you veg for a while after they come home to rest from the stress so to speak. If it’s a decent bright led or cfl it should keep in the veg photoperiod.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I would dump the res and re-fill with plain water. It's the safest bet with such drastic changes in needs.

Latest posts

Latest posts